Zylo or Zavage

Calx
112 posts Member
I'm currently running: Zaul (L) G11, EP G11, Zader G11, Kylo G10, Rex G11.

Next Zeta will be Zylo (G10) or Zavage (G10), and the question is which one? I think I'd swap in Zavage for Rex.

Zaul, EP, Zader, Zylo, Rex?
Zaul, EP, Zader, Kylo, Zavage?
https://swgoh.gg/u/cal/

Replies

• coeuss
    216 posts Member
    I run both in my Zaul team. I would go Zavage first. His cleanse and survivability will help. He gets to go more than Zylo up front, benefiting from Zaul's zeta. Zylo is good also, but I give the edge to Zavage.

Also, I would insert Sass as quick as possible (g9 viable) for Zader. Get her to 220-260 speed and she will make you get 3-4 turns before the other team goes, unless their Sass is faster. She will do a lot more than Zader: (1) speed, speed, speed, (2) stuns, (3) hits right through protection. She can one shot people at 50% health.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    No question - Zavage. I run Zaul, Zooku, Zavage, Nihinlus, and SA. Zavage and Nihilus are a nice 1-2 punch.
  • bologne
    141 posts Member
    I would do Zavage, but IMO Zaul is coming to an end. Our arena is full of very meta reactive teams, and I already ditched my Zaul. The new team I am running is Zader (L), nihilus, zoba, GK, and a very fast SA. It absolutely demolishes rex + r2 + (whatever else the run, and super demolish chaze). SA ensures you get off to a head start with zader dots, and nihilus ability cooldown goes first against rex. Against Zaul its a struggle, but easy to manage a victory.

We currently have in our top 20.

9 rex+ r2 teams
    8 maul teams (and dwindling since they cant really beat rex+r2)
    3 Zader teams (mine is the only one running SA so far so beating the other two is super easy)
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    To answer my own question from earlier this year, at this stage, it should be "Zylo, then maybe Zavage". I've found dozens of uses for Zylo in virtually every game mode. He effectively soloed the BB8 event for me a few months back. He carried teams in DSTB, and TW. He was a key figure in GW before I got zFinn up and running. And he's been a staple in my arena team (Rex, CLS, R2, Thrawn, Zylo), since I don't have GK yet.

Zavage has also been great, but not nearly as fun. Both are stout, sturdy characters, but only one (Zylo) has scary killing power.

I've advised my gulidmates against giving zetas to either one right now, given the current CLS meta and Rey dropping in a few hours. But given a choice between these two, looking back over the last 7 months, Zylo was the way to go.
  • zKylo :) still running him in arena and going strong
  • I'd go for zavage, he is currently doing 8/10 Galactic Wars solo for me.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    There are still zaul teams ?