Who wants to make a bet about Thrawn.

That they add him...... and he has nothing to do with Fleet at all.

Sort of like the Rogue one Pilot Bodhi Rook.

Replies

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    That they add him...... and he has nothing to do with Fleet at all.

Sort of like the Rogue one Pilot Bodhi Rook.

That pilot without ship.. are we talk about same person, yes? :(
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love to see him as a fleet commander, but there's no sense in having two empire fleet commanders
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I'd love to see him as a fleet commander, but there's no sense in having two empire fleet commanders

He honestly makes far more sense as a Fleet Commander than Tarkin does.

Tarkin was technically a Civilian though obviouslly a political and military power house.

Thrawn was the god **** Grand Admiral circa 2 BBY.
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Options

He honestly makes far more sense as a Fleet Commander than Tarkin does.

Tarkin was technically a Civilian though obviouslly a political and military power house.

Thrawn was the god **** Grand Admiral circa 2 BBY.

+1

However, I really hope my investment in Tarkin's ship isn't for not.
  • Parableman
    642 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Tarkin was a captain during the Clone Wars and ended up making it to the rank of admiral. He was a fleet commander, because that's what admirals are. During the original trilogy he was a governor and a Grand Moff, which might technically be a civilian position, but it's a civilian position with troops and ships to command, and we're really talking about something bordering on a military dictatorship anyway.
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to think eventually we may have multiple commanders and capital ships in a faction.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    DarthApok wrote: »
    I'd like to think eventually we may have multiple commanders and capital ships in a faction.

I agree. I can see a separatist capital ship being next but Thrawn needs a capital ship in my opinion.
  • Options
    We don't even have a FO or Separatist capital ship yet :s
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    It say's that Tarkin is seeing a change coming, and now this... I wonder if Tarkin will actually be replaced by Thrawn as the Imperial Fleet Commander?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    It say's that Tarkin is seeing a change coming, and now this... I wonder if Tarkin will actually be replaced by Thrawn as the Imperial Fleet Commander?

And render everyone's executrix unusable? Nah
  • Options

I could see them removing the Tarkin Challenge and adding a Thrawn challenge.

And then add Tarkin blue prints to fleet shipments
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

I could see them removing the Tarkin Challenge and adding a Thrawn challenge.

And then add Tarkin blue prints to fleet shipments

And then farm tarkin blue prints? NOPE NOPE NOPE :unamused:
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If they add Tarkin to the game then I would hope they have him as a fleet commander or plans not too long down the road making him one. I don't care if there is already a empire fleet commander lol.
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that all 3 fleet commanders right now are somewhat... lackluster and situational as regular roster characters, whether it is for arena or GW. Ackbar is probably the most useful out of the 3 but even then I *think* I've only seen him on one or two teams within my shard's arena top 50 past level 65 or so. EACG probably does this on purpose so that we'd have to sink resources to level/gear up at least one middle of the road characters in order to be competitive in fleet arena.

If the above is true then Thrawn better not become a fleet commander, in the hopes that he will actually be a strong and useful character.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    If they add Tarkin to the game then I would hope they have him as a fleet commander or plans not too long down the road making him one. I don't care if there is already a empire fleet commander lol.

Your typos irony is humorous
  • Options
    EZKill wrote: »
    Keep in mind that all 3 fleet commanders right now are somewhat... lackluster and situational as regular roster characters, whether it is for arena or GW. Ackbar is probably the most useful out of the 3 but even then I *think* I've only seen him on one or two teams within my shard's arena top 50 past level 65 or so. EACG probably does this on purpose so that we'd have to sink resources to level/gear up at least one middle of the road characters in order to be competitive in fleet arena.

If the above is true then Thrawn better not become a fleet commander, in the hopes that he will actually be a strong and useful character.

Well if they are doing Thrawn right.... he Should be a devestating Support character.

He can handel himself 1v1 but his strategies are what will kill you
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Look up the Executrix, that is actually a Star Destroyer under command by Tarkin, it makes perfect sense he is a fleet commander and no one else can take over his ship.

Thrawn could be added as a second Empire fleet commander, but he'd have to use the Chimera.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Look up the Executrix, that is actually a Star Destroyer under command by Tarkin, it makes perfect sense he is a fleet commander and no one else can take over his ship.

Thrawn could be added as a second Empire fleet commander, but he'd have to use the Chimera.

Oh no i dont Doubt that Tarkin had his own Star Destroyer.

So did Vader.

But Tarkin is much wider known for his Command of the Death Star.

Just like Thrawn is known for his command of the Chimera
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    To be honest, ships are underwhelming and I would be totally fine if they never added any other ship content, ever.