So now that we are getting Thrawn...

Prev13
Is he going to get his own Star Destroyer?

And will he be a support or attack character? I'd say support would make more sense as he is more of tactician than soldier(although his fighting skills are on point).

Will he have any special synergy with the Death Trooper as well? Or maybe something unique against all Rebels?

Thoughts?

Replies

• Is he going to get his own Star Destroyer?

And will he be a support or attack character? I'd say support would make more sense as he is more of tactician than soldier(although his fighting skills are on point).

Will he have any special synergy with the Death Trooper as well? Or maybe something unique against all Rebels?

Thoughts?

I think that he will be a 4th Fleet Commander in the game, as we haven't gotten one since ships were added.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Is he going to get his own Star Destroyer?

Thoughts?

I think that he will be a 4th Fleet Commander in the game, as we haven't gotten one since ships were added.

Unlikely, i cant see them having two empire fleet commanders anytime soon. The next one will likely be Nute Gunray or Grevious after his predicted rework for the separatists
  • Is he going to get his own Star Destroyer?

Thoughts?

I kind of hope so, this way the guys who'd like to use only dark side ships will have somebody else to use.

I'd love to see Anakin in ships as well, not sure if as a fleet commander or pilot, but I'd still like for the "best star pilot in the galaxy" to have a ship..
  • I can't see two empire capital ships. Not sure of ranking but Grand Moff is considered Higher than Grand Admiral. Could be wrong. Also Chimera isn't a super star destroyer. Please correct me if I am wrong though.
  • You are correct, the Chimera is not a super star destroyer.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • Arwenara
    80 posts Member
    He could pilot the defender
  • With Gov Pryce. I don't mind if i Kallus is released. As long as Thrawn is released within these months. I don't mind if Kallus gets both tags- to me that just means Revan is coming with a Jedi and sith tag. No matter what this is a great and long Empire faction pass. Hopefully it will be Empire to get Thrawn if he is released the same way as R2.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Where has it been confirmed it's Thrawn that's coming? I'm dying to see him added, but I hadn't seen a confirmation unless I missed something.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Corrog wrote: »
    Where has it been confirmed it's Thrawn that's coming? I'm dying to see him added, but I hadn't seen a confirmation unless I missed something.
    Just had the same question in mind. I personally have not seen such an announcement.
  • ^^ yes. We don't know if it's a grand moff rework either. But still hoping.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Thrawn isn't confirmed yet, it could be Kallus or Ashoka

Reworks are completely different thing.
    rawman wrote: »
    Just had the same question in mind. I personally have not seen such an announcement.

Gamorrean wrote: »

If you follow Rebels carefully, you'll know that the Fulcrum sign turning Red was the exact moment when Thrawn appeared and called Kallus fulcrum, so this is more than enough proof. While Thrawn isn't all that known, he is still one of the most fan favorite characters from the Comics and now from Rebels, Kallus is also a nice character, but he is nowhere near favorite.
  • Imo def not getting a new capital ship for empire. Tarkin is our empire ship. we will get a seperatist ship eventually.
  • I am just saying - things set up earlier aren't even confirmed yet.
    Omeah wrote: »
    I can't see two empire capital ships. Not sure of ranking but Grand Moff is considered Higher than Grand Admiral. Could be wrong. Also Chimera isn't a super star destroyer. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Grand Moff is actually a civilian title, Moffs are governors (Tarkin was an Admiral in the Republic though), and the Chimaera is only a Star Destroyer, yes

Yes that's why I was wondering. It is a civilian title but I still feel as if Tarkin has more authority than Thrawn, Imperial wise.

Could be Kallus yes - Ahsoka as well - even though CG has the rights for season 3 and I'm guessing 4. Ahsoka is confirmed for the 4th season.

I can't see two empire capital ships. Not sure of ranking but Grand Moff is considered Higher than Grand Admiral. Could be wrong. Also Chimera isn't a super star destroyer. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Grand Moff is actually a civilian title, Moffs are governors (Tarkin was an Admiral in the Republic though), and the Chimaera is only a Star Destroyer, yes

Yes that's why I was wondering. It is a civilian title but I still feel as if Tarkin has more authority than Thrawn, Imperial wise.

Could be Kallus yes - Ahsoka as well - even though CG has the rights for season 3 and I'm guessing 4. Ahsoka is confirmed for the 4th season.

Kallus and Ahsoka will appear during or after season 4, maybe even in the beginning. Right now, we haven't seen Ahsoka for a whole season, and Kallus just recently became the cool guy with them actually showing us how he helps the Rebels and takes risks. We will see more of him in season 4 so it makes sense for him to be released then.

Tarkin doesn't have more authority. People seem to think that because Tarkin was in charge of the Death Star in episode IV, but aside from that he doesn't have that much power in the military. There is a reason why even Vader listened to him. He was on the battle station that Tarkin supervises, so he decided not to mess with his plans.

Military wise, Thrawn has far more authority than Tarkin, he is after all a Grand Admiral and in space battles he is the highest ranking officer, with only Vader and the Emperor outranking him. Grand General should be the battle unit that has the most authority in ground battles.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    ^^ yes. We don't know if it's a grand moff rework either. But still hoping.

If you follow Rebels carefully, you'll know that the Fulcrum sign turning Red was the exact moment when Thrawn appeared and called Kallus fulcrum, so this is more than enough proof. While Thrawn isn't all that known, he is still one of the most fan favorite characters from the Comics and now from Rebels, Kallus is also a nice character, but he is nowhere near favorite.

Yeah I know, still nothing confirmed yet. High chances are thrawn but don't get your hopes too high

Seriously? Im not a hardcore fan or anything, but ive known about Thrawn for nearly two decades, since I was a little wee kid! Anyone familiar with star wars EU should know who he is.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Yeah I know, still nothing confirmed yet. High chances are thrawn but don't get your hopes too high

Oh you misunderstood me, I am not exited about Thrawn, simply because I am mostly farming light side characters, so Empire toon doesn't really help me. I am glad that the "Jedi Luke confirmed?!?!??!?!?!?" threads will be less for at least the next couple of weeks. I just wanted to see people's opinions on the matter ^^.

Seriously? Im not a hardcore fan or anything, but ive known about Thrawn for nearly two decades, since I was a little wee kid! Anyone familiar with star wars EU should know who he is.

I mean to the people who are only watching the movies he isn't exactly "fan favorite", that's why I said from the Comics :P

Kallus and Ahsoka will appear during or after season 4, maybe even in the beginning. Right now, we haven't seen Ahsoka for a whole season, and Kallus just recently became the cool guy with them actually showing us how he helps the Rebels and takes risks. We will see more of him in season 4 so it makes sense for him to be released then.

Tarkin doesn't have more authority. People seem to think that because Tarkin was in charge of the Death Star in episode IV, but aside from that he doesn't have that much power in the military. There is a reason why even Vader listened to him. He was on the battle station that Tarkin supervises, so he decided not to mess with his plans.

Military wise, Thrawn has far more authority than Tarkin, he is after all a Grand Admiral and in space battles he is the highest ranking officer, with only Vader and the Emperor outranking him. Grand General should be the battle unit that has the most authority in ground battles.

Thanks! Was looking to see if there was any type of ranking background that would help with Tarkin just being the capital ship for Empire other than - "we already have one"

• MaulResurected
    556 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The guy who blew the death star up who never fires his musket in the movies doesn't have a ship why should thrawn?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    No thrawn ...

And fulcrum ashoka it is!
  • Gucci
    178 posts Member
    No thrawn ...

Sad but true
  • HansSnah
    77 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Gucci wrote: »
    No thrawn ...

Sad but true

EDIT: Missed the other thread
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    No thrawn ...

Sad but true

But im sure we are gonna get him at some point tho
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    HansSnah wrote: »
    No thrawn ...

Sad but true

Did you even watch the series. It definitely Thrawn with a minor chance at Kallus

They just announced it's adult Ashoka, who used the fulcrum call sign in rebels, before kallus.

Cheers.
  • oh, enough w/ the light side. it's like for every 1 dark side toon, 13 light side ones spring out of nowhere.

it should be both kallus & thrawn. even worse, every light side release is like twice as op as the dark side. there's barely any balance.

while it's good to have her as a grown up & a good addn to jedis & rebels, it's so darn sad & sickening too much already.

all i can do is sigh right now & be happy of the fact that tarkin is now to become even more viable at least.

:cry:
  • Sloa
    25 posts Member
    This. She says, "I'm no Jedi"