GK taunting vs Nihilus lead

tmntguy86
446 posts Member
How does this happen? When it's 5 Sith on the team... GK keeps on taunting around 3 times each battle I face him under a Rex lead.

Replies

• msb14
    301 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Do you have Palpatine on your team? Apparently there is a bug where his crackling doom damage can crit, which would cause Kenobi to taunt.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/110196/pleass-fix-palp-under-dn-lead#latest

Edit: posted link to acknowledged bug
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Yes. I do run Palp. This makes sense a little I guess. But I don't have the opportunity or the need to use it so many times in a battle. Once or twice maybe.

Thanks for the response and the link shared @msb14
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    All if his moves can cause GK to taunt unfortunately.

Dooku may even do it when he inflicts shock but not sure on that.

I just know that GK taunts constantly when I run all Sith under Nihilus.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Yes. I do run Palp. This makes sense a little I guess. But I don't have the opportunity or the need to use it so many times in a battle. Once or twice maybe.

I think you might be thinking of his "Let the Hate Flow" attack that heals him (which also shouldn't heal him under a DN lead I don't think).

But I'm referring to his unique, so you can't control when it's used. After every turn he deals damage to all enemy shocked characters and all enemy Jedi and rebel characters. Every instance of this damage has a chance to crit, even though it shouldn't under a DN lead. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    msb14 wrote: »

I think you might be thinking of his "Let the Hate Flow" attack that heals him (which also shouldn't heal him under a DN lead I don't think).

But I'm referring to his unique, so you can't control when it's used. After every turn he deals damage to all enemy shocked characters and all enemy Jedi and rebel characters. Every instance of this damage has a chance to crit, even though it shouldn't under a DN lead. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Right. My bad. I was thinking of let the hate flow. But I think he should heal with it though since it steals 5% health from every toon in play.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    All if his moves can cause GK to taunt unfortunately.

Dooku may even do it when he inflicts shock but not sure on that.

I just know that GK taunts constantly when I run all Sith under Nihilus.

Not sure about the Dooku one as I haven't run Dooku under Nihilus. But that thread posted above has a dev comment saying it has been flagged and added to the list for bugs.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    msb14 wrote: »

Right. My bad. I was thinking of let the hate flow. But I think he should heal with it though since it steals 5% health from every toon in play.

Yea I guess that's the argument. Since the stolen health is in the description of the skill and not a result of the 150% health steal that is gained under a DN lead, does it count as health steal or does it count as some other form of health recovery?
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    Here's a discussion about let the hate flow working under Nihilus:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/97702/flow-of-hate-under-nihilus

Apparently the code is written stating that its damage cannot cause health steal, meaning it shouldn't work. But crackling doom's damage can apparently cause health steal, so that's why it does work.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Interesting. Again. Thank you for the comments and links. It's a big help.