no Full FO teams in high arena ?

Prev1
how come there are no full FO teams in arena ?
considering you have 4 zetas on them (all besides FOO), its an AMAZING team.
they attack attack attack, fotp damage is amazing, Zylo is zylo, Fost is a great taunter tank with counteratc (the dream), FOO remove TM and give all and ofc remove debuffs from himself and another one, and give that one 100% TM (untouchablee FOTP!), and phasma is pretty weak, but great leader ability when zetad and victory march is always amazing.
so.. on paper ? this is one of the best teams there's, the question is why i have seen only one full FO team? is it because hard to get 80 zetas for that team ? they are not strong as it seems on paper ?
what the hell, it has crazy potential

Replies

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Why the hell must the extra effort, if u can do all that stuff with just 1 set of zeta? cheap, but very satisfying result.

Regards,

zMaul

;)
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    There are a few on my shard. The do fairly well, but not top 20.
  • vazelos81
    166 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Why the hell must the extra effort, if u can do all that stuff with just 1 set of zeta? cheap, but very satisfying result.

Regards,

zMaul

;)

I have an FO squad and can rank pretty high. zMaul squads are hard for FO but not those which have only one zeta.
  • I haven't seen a single FO, Resistance or Droid team in my shard since I started playing: 30 nov 2016. Top 50 of my shard consists of rebels, double or triple cleanse teams (with R2, no GK yet) with a few Zaul, EP and jedi teams sprinkled between. Oh, and a scoundrels team with Baze.
  • im playing Zaul also @RacerDejak , its just that each one of the FO members (besides phasma) is AWESOME.
    started use them for raids, FOO is actually great, and i just got to wonder, if full FO team with 4 zetas will be better than my current team (Zaul, SA, Savage (Zavage in few days), Palp, Zylo)
  • I've got a full squad, all g11 maxed and 3 zetas, excluding FOTP and the highest I've ranked is 4... however I drop to around 40-50 overnight and have to struggle my way through zaul teams who are now slowly slipping down the ranks due to r2 and rex; fighting zaul is so rng dependent that I avoid whenever I can
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    theres one in my shard, he was around 50 last night, not sure how high he can go, annihilated my now dated EP lead team.
  • I'm top5 with mine and usually top 2. They just suck on defence and other teams target us cos were more predictable to fight that more rng teams such as zaul
  • There's one fully zeta'd team in our shard and I wish it was brilliant, but it isn't. FOTP is a devil so you just focus him... the Rex, Zaul and Zihilus teams don't have an issue with it. Good on attack though.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • hmm glad to see they are viable to high-end arena.
    what makes them so bad on defense tho.. ?
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    hmm glad to see they are viable to high-end arena.

They don't have an auto taunt, the AI is useless with Kylo, they are inherently slower than most teams, they don't have stealth, they don't have dodge, they don't have Chaze, they don't have Nihililus, they don't have GK..

Anyone got anything else?
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    hmm glad to see they are viable to high-end arena.

They don't have an auto taunt, the AI is useless with Kylo, they are inherently slower than most teams, they don't have stealth, they don't have dodge, they don't have Chaze, they don't have Nihililus, they don't have GK..

Anyone got anything else?

AI is useless with FOO, keeps it random instead of just giving it to kylo so when lash out happens all team has 100% tm
  • there is a few in the top 50 but they never seem to get very high. they are easy to beat so i target them only lost once when a made a mistake. dont ever make mistakes vs a zeta first order team they will go off HARD and you might not get a chance to counter attack cause your whole teams now dead.
  • I run a First Order team with 3 zetas and I can crack the Top 20 but can't crack the Top 10 in a Nov. 2015 shard. The main reason they don't hold on defense is because each member is good to great but rarely the best. FOTP is a glass cannon who can do great damage but isn't like a Nihilus who can do an instant kill. FOST is a solid tank but he doesn't have auto taunt like Baze or Shore and his dispel affects only a single target. FOO has good turn meter manipulation but he can only help one friend at a time unlike a Sith Assassin or Rex. Phasma increases the assist rate but the speed down is useless against a cleansing Rex. ZKylo is awesome but the AI will often use lash out when you should outrage. In Rex heavy shards, its automatic turn increases for the opponent. There is also no healer.

With all of that said, they are so fun to play as a team. When the synergy and RNG is on your side, the damage done is an awesome spectacle. The sum is greater than the individual parts. However, in the end, I have fought so many battles where its just my Zylo going on 1 on 3 or 1 on 4 against the other team. Like other FO users, I am eagerly waiting for The Last Jedi to come out in the hopes that a Hux or Snoke will be a game changer that creates a new First Order meta.
  • I also have an almost maxed out FO team, all 7*, all g11, only FOTP missing his Zeta.
    The team is super fun to play, one of the, if not, the best fully faction teams out there besides sith. They are incredibly fun in GW, Rancor and Haat. They are not however Arena worthy if you like to hold rank or make it into the top 10. I only take them in Arena when my pay-out is up and want to have fun. Also they need a lot of speed secondaries to make them workable even in the top 50...
    From experience, they can take out full Jedi teams with r2d2 and 4 zetas on them, they can take out Zmaul teams if they dont have Assasin, but they have no chance against a meta ZMaul, Rex, GK lead...
    Also, a high speed, Boba, EP and any B2 can shut them down in the first move...
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    im playing Zaul also @RacerDejak , its just that each one of the FO members (besides phasma) is AWESOME.
    started use them for raids, FOO is actually great, and i just got to wonder, if full FO team with 4 zetas will be better than my current team (Zaul, SA, Savage (Zavage in few days), Palp, Zylo)

With FO the grinding is real (fotp, fost). They are like the elite team, with the 4 zeta set. Only player with high dedication can obtain them. But with one daze, their incredible assist mechanic stopped. :/
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Fully zeta'd fo team can get top3
  • I have what I would consider an average higher level FO team. All are G11, but all are missing some pieces at that tier. Phasma, Kylo, and FOST and zeta'd. Speed mods are average, at best. FOO is 210, Kylo is 181, FOTP 173, and down from there. Basically I run the type of team you'd see between levels 20 and 100.

When Zaul was around, I would stay in the 60-80 range. Daze + no crit on stealth = death to FO. It was painful because EVERY TEAM was Zaul. I'd try to poach any other team, and when I couldn't I'd cross my fingers against the sith, but man ... I hated Zaul.

Fast forward two weeks, to today. There are still a butt load of Maul zeta teams around, but now there are delicious Jedi teams as well. I *love* fighting Jedi team. Heck, I love fighting most teams now, as long as Maul isn't the leader. I'll still lose against obscene speed teams, but my offensive success rate is through the roof.

Anyway, point is that my average/slightly above average First Order team is now 28 in the arena. So yes, a full FO team, even one missing the FOTP zeta, can be very competitive in the arena, but almost exclusively on offense. Being able to focus fire down even high hp/protection characters FAST is a thing of beauty. If I can get taunt up on the FOST, *that's* when things start to fly, as his counter attack has a 50% chance to call an assist. Having him counter and call FOTP for a double tap (32k damage) can really wreck the other team. I don't even mind fighting GK - a couple of TP assists off the hop and Kenobi can sometimes be dead before he makes a move. And I can't count the number of times my Zylo mops things up, 1 against 2 or 3 (or 4).

But yeah, the reason I don't see FO as a truly elite team is that they are bad on defense. The AIs habit of spreading around damage hurts against this team that has superior single target damage. If it would stick to one character and burn, I think FO would be a lot more powerful.

Beyond that, FO suffers from lack of staying power if Kylo can be shut down. Probably because I lack the FOTP zeta, he tends to go down quickly. So you're always in a race to burn the other team down, or at least get rid of their ability blockers / stunners, so Zylo can finish things off in peace.

To sum up - FO is a fantastic, and fantastically fun team, but the lack of AI and the need for great decision making hold them back. But if you can get them all to 7*s and G11, you will love them.
  • I have a full FO team since mid 2016. Still waiting for it :)
  • thanks for all the info guys !
  • I've been running an all FO team for a few months, now. Basically since their rework.

The above comments are all quite accurate. Using them is a lot of fun, and between FOST and FOO cleansing, and all their assists, they don't have too much trouble with anything on Offense. The problem comes in Defense. I usually finish around 50-75, but generally get dropped below 100 by next morning. I don't have Kylo Zeta'd yet (FOST took precedence for me), but I'm still quite happy with the team.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I've been placing 1st consistently since I got them to gear 11, and I don't even have Phasma Zeta'd yet.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/tharduskafka/
    Post edited by tharduskafka on
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    Ya, honestly, if a team doesn't have the means to completely win first turn, or have a pre taunt, it's a bad team. Yay ShoreTrooper and Chaze, live on.

Why are they a requirements? Wiggs.

Woot!
  • I've been placing 1st consistently since I got them to gear 11, and I don't even have Phasma Zeta'd yet.

How long have you been playing? Seems hard to believe that team would come close to holding that rank on an older shard...
  • I can place 1st easily. Zaul teams can be tough sometimes to beat, but not impossible. Everyone else is pretty much cake, and now that people are switching to Chaze and Rex, it's been even easier.
    I have the 4 Zeta all G11 with great mods. I fall into 15-25 range overnight, on rare occasions into low 30s.

The full squad is GREAT and do fantastic on HAAT p2.

The reason you don't see many, is that the team isn't really great until you get at least Phasma and FOST zetas. Then is opens up.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I fight one daily. There aren't many but I would say 5 or so in top 50 on my shard
  • *waves*
    vWP7xA2.png
    They can do really well at taking out enemy Savage and countering that maddening zBarriss, thanks to Kylo and his healing immunity. But the sequence of attacks needs to be just right and includes Kylo's basic: slap the healing immunity on with basic, Outrage for the stun, FOTP for the kill.

Nihilus can be dealt with if you keep him stunned with Kylo's Outrage.

The AI does none of these things, so FO fails on defense. Plus, Daze them with Maul and things get grim really fast without a human in the loop.
    Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    AI is useless with FOO, keeps it random instead of just giving it to kylo so when lash out happens all team has 100% tm
    First round I almost always give FOO Marching Orders to Kylo. But from then on, it usually goes to FOTP, unless somebody is in desperate need of a boost or I want that FOST taunt up (which also gives TM to his friends).
  • How long have you been playing? Seems hard to believe that team would come close to holding that rank on an older shard...

It doesn't hold rank unless you're willing to refresh arenas. My shard is Nov 2015 and I struggle to stay in top 50 even though I consistently win all of my battles on offense.

Started today at rank 57, climbed up to 25 on offense, and have already fallen back to 47 with over 5 hours left until payout.

• Phew, that +25 speed on FOO's circle sure helps out a lot. Speed wins!