Chaze Breaks Tactical Part of Game - Don't Nerf, but Let's Learn some Lessons

Replies

• It's going to be fun seeing where the power creep leaping-stride goes next, huh?

*sigh*
  • Diel wrote: »
    PLEASE STOP THE CHAZE HATE. We've had enough of it.

Hate? Please calm down.

The point is, everyone has been going around saying Chaze 'does everything better than everyone, makes everyone obsolete, is ridiculously op" etc. for 6 months. And we see a "Chaze is OP" thread every day or so...

I'll suggest you a small exercise, remove Chaze from your arena team for a few days, ideally replace them with Chaze counters, and fight those days in your shard against Chaze teams. After that try and imagine how is like to do that for months in a row not days. Then we'll see if you will still have the inclination to came in every Chaze thread and complain about people complaining about Chaze. If you are afraid that you'll loose rank and crystals during this exercise, don't worry, is all part of the experience :wink:

I don't use Chaze, and am fine in arena. But maybe I'm an exception to the rule.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I love combos like Wiggs and Chaze. Please ea/CG continue to add more toons like that. I will gladly drop a few hundred dollars a month for new toons that work great off of each other.

Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. Number 1..they probably don't spend as much as I do and number 2 they are just upset cause they don't have or use Chaze.

Chaze and Wiggs are examples of the perfect toons coded right. Bravo Ea/CG..please keep toons like that coming.

The people here crying about Chaze as if it's a 5 on 2 fight. Most people use Rex-L, R2 and Kenobi with Chaze...yet Chaze is the only problem. Talk about narrow minded blindness.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I love combos like Wiggs and Chaze. Please ea/CG continue to add more toons like that. I will gladly drop a few hundred dollars a month for new toons that work great off of each other.

Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. Number 1..they probably don't spend as much as I do and number 2 they are just upset cause they don't have or use Chaze.

Chaze and Wiggs are examples of the perfect toons coded right. Bravo Ea/CG..please keep toons like that coming.

lol - you don't even play the game do you? You just troll the forums. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • These threads are just getting old, Chaze is average these days... which was the intent. That's how power creeps work... there's so many ways to counter Chaze I don't even blink any eye anymore. Save your complaining for the next toon or toons that'll inevitably be called OP...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    These threads are just getting old, Chaze is average these days... which was the intent. That's how power creeps work... there's so many ways to counter Chaze I don't even blink any eye anymore. Save your complaining for the next toon or toons that'll inevitably be called OP...

Except for them to be "Average" the rest of the characters in the game would have to move up as well. In fact there would have to be half of the characters above them and half below for them to be "Average." They certainly aren't "Average." They might be standard. Common. Easier to work around. Yes. All of the above. That doesn't change the fact that they straight up out-class almost every other character in the game in many aspects. And let's be honest, there's no chance they're going to nerf them. It's been far too long. They're here to stay as they are. But I agree with the intent of the original post, let's learn from this. If you create duos with too much utility outside of their specific factions, they will be everywhere, and make it easy to use the best toons from each faction together, making a very solidified meta. They just overstepped how far they should've gone with the powercreep with these two, and they seem to have realized that. They've made Phoenix and the Troopers all work well together, made them fun to play, and managed to keep them all from going way over the top.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Looks like the mating call of the SWGOH whale to me... :p
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    These threads are just getting old, Chaze is average these days... which was the intent. That's how power creeps work... there's so many ways to counter Chaze I don't even blink any eye anymore. Save your complaining for the next toon or toons that'll inevitably be called OP...

You never have any argument. You just come into these topics and spew vomit out of your throat like a garden hose.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    I'll suggest you a small exercise, remove Chaze from your arena team for a few days, ideally replace them with Chaze counters, and fight those days in your shard against Chaze teams. After that try and imagine how is like to do that for months in a row not days. Then we'll see if you will still have the inclination to came in every Chaze thread and complain about people complaining about Chaze. If you are afraid that you'll loose rank and crystals during this exercise, don't worry, is all part of the experience :wink:
    Ask anybody to remove any two of their arena team, and they are going to drop.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »

You never have any argument. You just come into these topics and spew vomit out of your throat like a garden hose.

And yet you just can't help but run your suck in response... at least I don't need help from my guild to rank in PVP.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Except for them to be "Average" the rest of the characters in the game would have to move up as well. In fact there would have to be half of the characters above them and half below for them to be "Average." They certainly aren't "Average." They might be standard. Common. Easier to work around. Yes. All of the above. That doesn't change the fact that they straight up out-class almost every other character in the game in many aspects. And let's be honest, there's no chance they're going to nerf them. It's been far too long. They're here to stay as they are. But I agree with the intent of the original post, let's learn from this. If you create duos with too much utility outside of their specific factions, they will be everywhere, and make it easy to use the best toons from each faction together, making a very solidified meta. They just overstepped how far they should've gone with the powercreep with these two, and they seem to have realized that. They've made Phoenix and the Troopers all work well together, made them fun to play, and managed to keep them all from going way over the top.

Agreed, Chaze was definitely meant as a power creep, and yes it can be argued it was a bit much. But at this point its been handled. It would be entirely different if they were unbeatable, but they're not these days. And for what it's worth they did move the power bar up a bit and other toons released since have been balanced much better. I'm just saying the time for complaining about them is past.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Agreed, Chaze was definitely meant as a power creep, and yes it can be argued it was a bit much. But at this point its been handled. It would be entirely different if they were unbeatable, but they're not these days. And for what it's worth they did move the power bar up a bit and other toons released since have been balanced much better. I'm just saying the time for complaining about them is past.

What you said was they're average. Which they aren't. Now you're saying that the time for complaining about them is past, which I only kind of agree with. The time to accept that they aren't changing has come, but if we stop complaining, it shows that we're ok with more characters that take leaps and bounds into power creep. The more backlash, the more we show that this really shouldn't happen again, honestly. Not saying complain to complain, but don't just brush it under the rug, it should still be at the forefront of the Dev's mind whenever they make a new character.
    Vertigo wrote: »

What you said was they're average. Which they aren't. Now you're saying that the time for complaining about them is past, which I only kind of agree with. The time to accept that they aren't changing has come, but if we stop complaining, it shows that we're ok with more characters that take leaps and bounds into power creep. The more backlash, the more we show that this really shouldn't happen again, honestly. Not saying complain to complain, but don't just brush it under the rug, it should still be at the forefront of the Dev's mind whenever they make a new character.

Admittedly average was prob the wrong word, but typical or common works. And I'm just saying the complaining has been done, and then some, its been months.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    If the devs do not nerf chaze, then the next best thing is to gimp their upgrade to lvl 90.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Wrong Lucas...I do play the game. I use Chaze and I don't want him nerfed. I always said people that don't use a toon normally are the ones crying nerf. Want proof? Here ya go..

https://swgoh.gg/u/lucas_gregory/

You can't handle the truth boy!
  • Before I started using Chaze I would use B2 when fighting Chaze teams and while I wouldn't get rank 1 I still could stay at least around rank 12ish..which was still ok with me. Chaze is versatile and works in many setups, and by themselves they really weren't a problem, but it was the Rex(L) w/Kenobi, Chaze teams that gave me the most problems. That triple cleanse made it very tough to beat, but it is beatable. It's the entire squad, when fully modded, geared and strategically combined that makes Chaze seem OP.

I don't believe Chaze needs a nerf and I honestly would not want a nerf to take place since I've spent real money gearing them up. It's one thing to nerf a character a few days after its release, but to nerf them several months because more people are using them now would be a bad business move. So I don't see them doing anything about Chaze as far as changing stats/toning them down/or needing them. The devs didn't nerf Rey or Wiggs and while they don't have the synergy of those few characters..Wiggs did 2 hit KO targets. Which I remember a lot of people were upset about.

I'd rather EaCg to make more of the existing characters arena viable. Sadly I can never see that happening, reason why is money. They won't make as much money making older characters better cause many of us already have them unlocked.

Probably what's gonna happen is newer characters will continue to be released and the meta will change again like it has in the past and will continue to change as we move along into the future.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    DON'T NERF CHAZE!!! Add a new pay wall toon that on the start of each of his turns removes all buffs from enemy team, heals himself for 10% max health x number of buffs removed, gains 20% tm every time enemy gains a buff, and can't attack. You can do that for C3PO. Also on death give him Old Ben's ability where he gives whole squad every buff in the game for 3 turns and they can't be dispelled.

Better Idea: Give C3PO 167 speed at max. Unable to equip mods. Can only be placed in Leader spot on party. On his turn have him dispell all buffs from enemy team. Then have him apply some debuffs based on allies. Make the debuffs where they can't be resisted or removed.

Luke: Speed Down 2 turns
    R2D2: Defence Down 2 turns
    Leia: Eva Down 2 turns
    Han: Crit Rate Down 2 turns
    STH: Potency Down 2 turns
    Chewie: Tenacity Down 2 turns
    Old Ben: Offence Down 2 turns
    General Kenobi: Health Down 2 turns
    Ani: Healing Immunity 2 turns

On C3PO's death apply the opposite buff to whole party for 3 turns and make them where they can't be dispelled.
    Post edited by Lugo on
  • I love combos like Wiggs and Chaze. Please ea/CG continue to add more toons like that. I will gladly drop a few hundred dollars a month for new toons that work great off of each other.

The people here crying about Chaze as if it's a 5 on 2 fight. Most people use Rex-L, R2 and Kenobi with Chaze...yet Chaze is the only problem. Talk about narrow minded blindness.

On the topic of how to make more $ for CG, which I think you're somewhat implying that's it's beneficial to do this - I don't see that in terms of the behavior of players on my leaderboard UNLESS they do that at a much more common pace. The guys that have had Chaze really have done very little to their teams to have to spend on them in months:

Rex - built for over a year
    Wiggs - already built
    Chaze - 6 months
    GK - built months ago

The only moderately recent heroes that would have been invested in are R2 and Dn - but by being able to save up for so long and camp on a Chaze-based squad they can just farm rewards from that duo for very long-term and pretty much play as F2P from that point on. As a non-Chaze user, I have to maintain a higher # of heroes and look at how to construct teams depending on the matchup. I prefer to play this way - I like using different configurations and trying matchups. I used 3 different arena leads today - sometimes I use 4. Even within those leaders I'll use various heroes.

The point though is, by releasing OP heroes like Chaze infrequently, the devs do not create more $ from the players that acquire those heroes - long-term they get less because those guys can basically mail it in for half a year with regards to their arena team.

Power creep and new metas are created to force people to re-build / adjust, which causes $ to be spent - but if that process doesn't happen where's the $ coming from? I honestly think they tried to do it with zDM, but Rex / GK / Chaze are so strong it just wasn't possible. Now R2 comes along - probably a planned counter to the fake zDM meta that really never was - and he just makes Chaze stronger and put the final nail in zDM that never really needed a nail because he was already dead before R2 :)

Hate? Please calm down.

The point is, everyone has been going around saying Chaze 'does everything better than everyone, makes everyone obsolete, is ridiculously op" etc. for 6 months. And we see a "Chaze is OP" thread every day or so...

I don't use Chaze, and am fine in arena. But maybe I'm an exception to the rule.

I'm with you - I'll hold out long as I can. The force is still strong with Lord Vader.
  • I love Chaze in this pose especially:

bm22daurzmpu.png
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Today had a great match and was able to keep Baze frozen in ice almost the entire battle. Between TM yank, shock, stun, AB, and daze, Baze never took a true turn the entire match and his taunting buddy GK actually hit, but never got off a special before exiting with his tail between his legs:

8z6wsx81rj9g.jpg

50yg97kw6umk.jpg

The Power of the Dark Side is still strong...

EDIT: That's all 7* G11 enemy characters, a zDN, and a R2z2 - mods in this matchup are comparable.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Today had a great match and was able to keep Baze frozen in ice almost the entire battle. Between TM yank, shock, stun, AB, and daze, Baze never took a true turn the entire match and his taunting buddy GK actually hit, but never got off a special before exiting with his tail between his legs:

8z6wsx81rj9g.jpg

50yg97kw6umk.jpg

EDIT: That's all 7* G11 enemy characters, a zDN, and a R2z2 - mods in this matchup are comparable.

I just use STH and then laugh when Chirrut and Baze counterattack and give my Nihilus more TM to eat them up faster. Last match I had against GK (L), Zarriss, Chaze, Nihilus the entire team was using basic attacks the entire game. T'was a fun match... for me.
  • Dave011679 wrote: »
    Instead of the common "nerf chaze" theme, we scale back their abilities when not under a Jyn lead/Rogue 1 team? I see the frustration of "Chaze and anyone else". Why not make them less viable with "anyone else"? That way it would require more team synergy to get the maximum results of Chaze.

Best idea I've heard in ages.

Hate? Please calm down.

LastJedi wrote: »
    Ask anybody to remove any two of their arena team, and they are going to drop.

Most toons have alternatives, for example my DN has Boba, or B2 has a weaker alternative in SF. The fact Chaze doesn't is kinda the problem. Nevertheless this exercise is not about keeping rank or even defeating them. Is about seeing what FUN is it to fight against them match after match after match.
    They suck the fun out of any battle, no matter if you win or not. Hell I think that even some Chaze users if honest would admit that this pair makes the game a lot less enjoyable.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    The empire meta and resistance meta are going to be a lot more painful. When you are guaranteed to lose to an identical team that has 1 higher speed, you will wish for the good old days of the Chaze meta. Mark it.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    LastJedi wrote: »
    The empire meta and resistance meta are going to be a lot more painful. When you are guaranteed to lose to an identical team that has 1 higher speed, you will wish for the good old days of the Chaze meta. Mark it.

Isn't triple cleanse holding against both of these teams?
  • LastJedi wrote: »

What empire meta are you talking about? Veers and the troopers? Zader ? Drennic? Do you have some information regarding Tarkin that other people aren't aware?

8z6wsx81rj9g.jpg

50yg97kw6umk.jpg

I just use STH and then laugh when Chirrut and Baze counterattack and give my Nihilus more TM to eat them up faster. Last match I had against GK (L), Zarriss, Chaze, Nihilus the entire team was using basic attacks the entire game. T'was a fun match... for me.

Nice - what's your full setup?
  • LastJedi wrote: »

What empire meta are you talking about? Veers and the troopers? Zader ? Drennic? Do you have some information regarding Tarkin that other people aren't aware?

Tarkin is just another character that can beat chaze on offense but won't be meta. We'll keep getting one of these every two weeks.
  • OP nailed it!
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
This discussion has been closed.