Chaze Breaks Tactical Part of Game - Don't Nerf, but Let's Learn some Lessons

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I love combos like Wiggs and Chaze. Please ea/CG continue to add more toons like that. I will gladly drop a few hundred dollars a month for new toons that work great off of each other.

Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. Number 1..they probably don't spend as much as I do and number 2 they are just upset cause they don't have or use Chaze.

Chaze and Wiggs are examples of the perfect toons coded right. Bravo Ea/CG..please keep toons like that coming.

lol - you don't even play the game do you? You just troll the forums. :D

Wrong Lucas...I do play the game. I use Chaze and I don't want him nerfed. I always said people that don't use a toon normally are the ones crying nerf. Want proof? Here ya go..

https://swgoh.gg/u/lucas_gregory/

You can't handle the truth boy!

As you can clearly see, I have no trouble with Chaze teams - hence the continued #1 finishes. That's truth, boy.

ETA: - and it's always those who have an OP toon that blindly defends him/them without looking at the situation objectively. More truth.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • These threads are just getting old, Chaze is average these days... which was the intent.

Bah. They were not meant to be average; they were meant to be OP so people would buy them. By definition "average" means "in the middle", meaning that approximately as many toons are worse than Chaze as there are those better. No way. I can't think of many other combinations of two toons, if any, that can wipe out an entire 50k point team on their own. That's not average by any stretch.
  • So the best toons are average in the game now. Wow, since we live in the opposites world I guess the new Tarkin is great now. Yupee.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    The empire meta and resistance meta are going to be a lot more painful. When you are guaranteed to lose to an identical team that has 1 higher speed, you will wish for the good old days of the Chaze meta. Mark it.

What empire meta are you talking about? Veers and the troopers? Zader ? Drennic? Do you have some information regarding Tarkin that other people aren't aware?

Tarkin is just another character that can beat chaze on offense but won't be meta. We'll keep getting one of these every two weeks.

Ha HA HA HA. good one.
  • If something needs nerfing, it needs it, plain and simple. Great OP.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Today had a great match and was able to keep Baze frozen in ice almost the entire battle. Between TM yank, shock, stun, AB, and daze, Baze never took a true turn the entire match and his taunting buddy GK actually hit, but never got off a special before exiting with his tail between his legs:

8z6wsx81rj9g.jpg

50yg97kw6umk.jpg

The Power of the Dark Side is still strong...

EDIT: That's all 7* G11 enemy characters, a zDN, and a R2z2 - mods in this matchup are comparable.

I just use STH and then laugh when Chirrut and Baze counterattack and give my Nihilus more TM to eat them up faster. Last match I had against GK (L), Zarriss, Chaze, Nihilus the entire team was using basic attacks the entire game. T'was a fun match... for me.

Nice - what's your full setup?

Maul (211 speed), Nihilus (208/9 speed), EP (206 speed), Vader (189 speed), STH (150/60ish speed). Basically modded to beat all the Rex teams, Nihilus has his unique zeta'd. I needed that to help fight the SAss maul teams that would outspeed me. Of course now theres far less Maul teams around and I can just run right through Rex/GK/Wedge leads which is great for me. It's definitely easy for other Maul teams to beat, and I'm sure the triple cleanse takes it out easily enough, but the sub-par rex teams seem to have trouble.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Only op part of baze is for jedha

Baze Malbus gains Taunt and Retribution for 1 turn at the start of each encounter, whenever an enemy is defeated, and whenever Chirrut Îmwe falls below 100% Health.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    djvita wrote: »
    Only op part of baze is for jedha

Baze Malbus gains Taunt and Retribution for 1 turn at the start of each encounter, whenever an enemy is defeated, and whenever Chirrut Îmwe falls below 100% Health.

That alone isn't OP. It's that combined with Chirrut healing and equalizing and health stealing on counterattacks that makes it trigger so often. Then you add that to the utility that both characters bring to a team and you get something far more powerful than pretty much any two characters in the game.
    The taunt alone is honestly less annoying that K-2SO getting hit, countering and taunting again.
  • *ahem* new unique/leader ability

ATTACKS DO NOT TRIGGER OPPONENT EFFECTS, UNIQUES, OR ABILITIES.

That is all.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    *ahem* new unique/leader ability

That is all.

A little too vague. What counts as an Opponent effect or ability? The uniques is pretty straightforward, but what would be the other ones?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I love combos like Wiggs and Chaze. Please ea/CG continue to add more toons like that. I will gladly drop a few hundred dollars a month for new toons that work great off of each other.

Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. Number 1..they probably don't spend as much as I do and number 2 they are just upset cause they don't have or use Chaze.

Chaze and Wiggs are examples of the perfect toons coded right. Bravo Ea/CG..please keep toons like that coming.

Wrong Lucas...I do play the game. I use Chaze and I don't want him nerfed. I always said people that don't use a toon normally are the ones crying nerf. Want proof? Here ya go..

As you can clearly see, I have no trouble with Chaze teams - hence the continued #1 finishes. That's truth, boy.

ETA: - and it's always those who have an OP toon that blindly defends him/them without looking at the situation objectively. More truth.

So not only do you lack comprehension skills but I also see you don't read too well either.
    Read it again son.. I said people that don't use a toon normally cries nerf. I posted your roster to show you aren't using them. You don't use them therefore to even sit here and talk about them needing a nerf is like trying to tell someone how to do something..except you don't know squat about the subject..you're just explaining what you heard other people saying as if you're an expert on the subject. School is in session young one, sit down and pay attention, and maybe you'll learn something.

Glad you brought up the rank 1 thing again...that again is more proof that Chaze isn't a problem. You've even said it yourself and I quote "I have no trouble with Chaze teams - hence the continued #1 finishes". So why are you even here in the first place? Your opinion on the subject is moot. You're just here to boost up your post number as if anything you say even matters on this game or in the forums.

Saying something needs a nerf and you don't even play the toons in question to even know about all the pros and cons about the said toons. Get outta here son!
  • Vertigo wrote: »

That is all.

A little too vague. What counts as an Opponent effect or ability? The uniques is pretty straightforward, but what would be the other ones?

Any ability that relies on the other team's actions. Like chirrt applying a heal over time on a crit, Rex gaining TM on a crit, Baze counter attacking when hit, GK gaining taunt when someone is attacked, etc. It would be like the attack never registered to the opponent but still did the damage.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member

That is all.

Any ability that relies on the other team's actions. Like chirrt applying a heal over time on a crit, Rex gaining TM on a crit, Baze counter attacking when hit, GK gaining taunt when someone is attacked, etc. It would be like the attack never registered to the opponent but still did the damage.

Those are all part of their Unique abilities except for Baze IF baze was counter attacking because he had retribution. Are you saying that the attacks should bypass Retribution? Because that would imply they would also bypass Foresight. And for that matter any buff like Defense Up or Tenacity Up. I'm just wondering what specifics you're going for here.

• So not only do you lack comprehension skills but I also see you don't read too well either.
    Read it again son.. I said people that don't use a toon normally cries nerf. I posted your roster to show you aren't using them. You don't use them therefore to even sit here and talk about them needing a nerf is like trying to tell someone how to do something..except you don't know squat about the subject..you're just explaining what you heard other people saying as if you're an expert on the subject. School is in session young one, sit down and pay attention, and maybe you'll learn something.

Glad you brought up the rank 1 thing again...that again is more proof that Chaze isn't a problem. You've even said it yourself and I quote "I have no trouble with Chaze teams - hence the continued #1 finishes". So why are you even here in the first place? Your opinion on the subject is moot. You're just here to boost up your post number as if anything you say even matters on this game or in the forums.

Saying something needs a nerf and you don't even play the toons in question to even know about all the pros and cons about the said toons. Get outta here son!

Maybe because they want to help keep the game alive and have a genuine interest in everyone enjoyment instead of just their own. Its called being a decent person, you should try it sometime kiddo.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

So not only do you lack comprehension skills but I also see you don't read too well either.

Maybe try seeing the good in others... Everyone tries to be right and express the 'truth' as they know it.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Today had a great match and was able to keep Baze frozen in ice almost the entire battle. Between TM yank, shock, stun, AB, and daze, Baze never took a true turn the entire match and his taunting buddy GK actually hit, but never got off a special before exiting with his tail between his legs:

8z6wsx81rj9g.jpg

50yg97kw6umk.jpg

The Power of the Dark Side is still strong...

EDIT: That's all 7* G11 enemy characters, a zDN, and a R2z2 - mods in this matchup are comparable.

I just use STH and then laugh when Chirrut and Baze counterattack and give my Nihilus more TM to eat them up faster. Last match I had against GK (L), Zarriss, Chaze, Nihilus the entire team was using basic attacks the entire game. T'was a fun match... for me.

Nice - what's your full setup?

Maul (211 speed), Nihilus (208/9 speed), EP (206 speed), Vader (189 speed), STH (150/60ish speed). Basically modded to beat all the Rex teams, Nihilus has his unique zeta'd. I needed that to help fight the SAss maul teams that would outspeed me. Of course now theres far less Maul teams around and I can just run right through Rex/GK/Wedge leads which is great for me. It's definitely easy for other Maul teams to beat, and I'm sure the triple cleanse takes it out easily enough, but the sub-par rex teams seem to have trouble.

Interesting - nice setup.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member

Trolling the forums is the new meta? Now both whales and FTP can compete :lol: ........

Ah who am I kidding, the FTP would probably still complain that the whales have an advantage
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha You mention several times throughout this thread that you don't want Chaze nerfed. You also mention that they ruin the tactical portion of the game. How is CG supposed to restore the tactical part of the game without nerfing them? The only way Chaze leaves the meta is if they're nerfed or stronger characters are released, and if stronger characters are released it only further ruins the tactical aspect of the game. As far as I can tell, the only way to restore the strategic team building that Chaze killed is to nerf them. If you have an idea I'd like to hear it, but I just don't think it's possible.
  • strong characters should also have big drawbacks. Why not stay true to film and say "if Chirrut dies, Baze gains 100 TM, resets his cooldowns and dies after his next action."?
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha You mention several times throughout this thread that you don't want Chaze nerfed. You also mention that they ruin the tactical portion of the game. How is CG supposed to restore the tactical part of the game without nerfing them? The only way Chaze leaves the meta is if they're nerfed or stronger characters are released, and if stronger characters are released it only further ruins the tactical aspect of the game. As far as I can tell, the only way to restore the strategic team building that Chaze killed is to nerf them. If you have an idea I'd like to hear it, but I just don't think it's possible.

I think there can be creative skills to balance what you want. Like, unevaidable, unresistable attacks/skills against certain factions, such as rebels. Following this line of thinking and embracing creativity, CG can restore strategy to the Chaze conundrum. It's all correctable.

I think there can be creative skills to balance what you want. Like, unevaidable, unresistable attacks/skills against certain factions, such as rebels. Following this line of thinking and embracing creativity, CG can restore strategy to the Chaze conundrum. It's all correctable.

That's normally true (ShT ended Wiggs without being OP) but I'm not sure it is with Chaze. They taunt, counter, have tons of health, do the most damage in the game, cleanse, AoE dispel, heal, health equalize, gain TM, apply speed down, and there's probably something I'm forgetting. For a counter character to remove them from the meta, the character would have to literally do everything. No leadership skill or special skill can counter that much without being game-breakingly OP.
  • Well is the common understanding that CG doesn't want to nerf them, they want to restore the balance by adding new toons, right? So why not only that none of the new released toons besides Zaul doesn't directly counter them, they have actually made them stronger? If they aren't directly nerfed, and aren't indirectly nerfed by the new toons, how are they supposed to restore a balance in the game? And more importantly, do they even truly desire that?

That's normally true (ShT ended Wiggs without being OP) but I'm not sure it is with Chaze. They taunt, counter, have tons of health, do the most damage in the game, cleanse, AoE dispel, heal, health equalize, gain TM, apply speed down, and there's probably something I'm forgetting. For a counter character to remove them from the meta, the character would have to literally do everything. No leadership skill or special skill can counter that much without being game-breakingly OP.

How about an aoe shock that's unavoidable and doesn't expire like Vader dots against rebels, and normal resist checks and subject to cleanse for everyone else? Just 1 idea, but there's literally thousands upon thousands of ways to structure the game to restore your balance.

How about an aoe shock that's unavoidable and doesn't expire like Vader dots against rebels, and normal resist checks and subject to cleanse for everyone else? Just 1 idea, but there's literally thousands upon thousands of ways to structure the game to restore your balance.

How would that possibly be balanced with Palpatine?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Glad you brought up the rank 1 thing again...that again is more proof that Chaze isn't a problem. You've even said it yourself and I quote "I have no trouble with Chaze teams - hence the continued #1 finishes". So why are you even here in the first place? Your opinion on the subject is moot.
    You completely missed the point...again. The fact that I don't have a problem beating Chaze and can still objectively see that the two are over-tuned is the point. The fact that your run Chaze and don't want them nerfed is not objective at all - you said so yourself:

Wrong Lucas...I do play the game. I use Chaze and I don't want him nerfed.
    Which is kind of my point. People who can beat Chaze, still think Chaze have too much going for them compared to other toons. People who run Chaze, are biased and like the advantage the over-tuned pair gives them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member

Agreed, it is always the "have not" players that call for nerfs. Which is why the return of "Chaze is OP" threads coincide with their FTP release.

Chaze is old news. They will be an afterthought once you progress far enough. I play a 2015 shard and none of the whales in the top 10-15 use them--none. I have them both G11 and don't use them either. There are so many counters to them that you don't need to plan for them anymore if you use the more popular characters. For example zVader, zSavage, Fett, DN, B2, zKylo all do well. zKylo can win 1 vs 2.

The true problem in the game is that no team is difficult to beat anymore on offense once you progress far enough. Perhaps that's an end game problem but top 10-15 in any mature shards (with plenty of FTP players) has literally become a free for all. It's really irrelevant what team you make or face unless you have old toons that haven't been updated--e.g. full clones, tuskens, jawas etc.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    If you can beat any team with any team, it really takes the fun out of the entire game. Why bother building characters if you can use any combo to beat any combo?
  • And almost only people that have Chaze talk about their counters even though they never use those said counters. And why don't they use them? Because they know that are weaker than their OP thrash.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Osisiv wrote: »

Agreed, it is always the "have not" players that call for nerfs. Which is why the return of "Chaze is OP" threads coincide with their FTP release.

Chaze is old news. They will be an afterthought once you progress far enough. I play a 2015 shard and none of the whales in the top 10-15 use them--none. I have them both G11 and don't use them either. There are so many counters to them that you don't need to plan for them anymore if you use the more popular characters. For example zVader, zSavage, Fett, DN, B2, zKylo all do well. zKylo can win 1 vs 2.

The true problem in the game is that no team is difficult to beat anymore on offense once you progress far enough. Perhaps that's an end game problem but top 10-15 in any mature shards (with plenty of FTP players) has literally become a free for all. It's really irrelevant what team you make or face unless you have old toons that haven't been updated--e.g. full clones, tuskens, jawas etc.

Why does nobody read? Yes, I beat Chaze regularly. I run Zylo and zDN. I take #1 when I can be on at payout. The discussion in this thread has had nothing to do with whether or not they are beatable or have counters. Most of the people in this thread are trying to objectively and intelligently discuss whether or not the pair is over-tuned compared to the rest of the heroes in the game. It's fairly simple. Either you think they are over-tuned or not. Either way, give your reasons.

But "they have counters" is not a reason they are not over-tuned - everyone has counters (as you stated yourself). One of the primary points is that if you have Baze and Chirrut, you would not choose to run a different tank/attacker combo, because there isn't one that is even close - regardless of leader, team, synergies, etc. That's the point.

How would that possibly be balanced with Palpatine?

I just pulled that idea from my behind... Lol... So please don't hold me to it... But creative designs who are paid to do this kind of stuff can, as I quickly showed how. What I'm saying is the game is repairable, and we don't need to find another game to replace swgoh. ;)
This discussion has been closed.