Chaze Breaks Tactical Part of Game - Don't Nerf, but Let's Learn some Lessons

1234568Next

Replies

• Options
    @ImYourHuckleberry

Chaze is broken and not arena at the moment. It's very simple. Arena is not broken because you can beat Gk / R2 / Chaze without using any of those 4, you are not forced in to a mirror match or using the same 3/4 core toons. Chaze is broken because they are bypassing the cycle part of the game. They take a Sith like DN, who they have no deliberate synergy with, and it forms the core of the best team in the middle of the greatest pass (Sith) the game has ever had by far. We are 2+ months deep in dark side releases / updates and Chaze has only gotten stronger over that time. Through every meta since they have been released, they are the best defense team and an elite offense attacking team. This is only possible because they do so much - so they are ready made and will be fine in any meta. They have zero inherent weaknesses.

That Chaze meta is not due to poor toon development - zSO, zKylo, DN, SA, SiT, Dooku ... these are all excellent toons. It's their ability, because they do everything, to hijack other factions best players and make them better with them than in their own synergy team. Think about that. Team synergy is < Chaze. That's a problem no? It's not toon release issues - CG is putting out fire - but Chaze is engulfing anything good, no matter the faction.

I think your indifference to the future and what ifs is quite shortsighted. I've seen this happen already in other games - I've lived though full out game breaks where 200+ roster was boiled down to 4-5 heroes that required a mirror match. It can happen, it has happened before, but let's not let that happen here. The game is too good overall and too many awesome characters and skills. I feel the game is dangerously close to breaking in terms of needing a core 3/4 heroes and REALLY getting close to breaking the LS / DS part of the game.

In the end though, I'm not going to get upset and hoot and holler. I'll take what the game gives. It's not my game - just sharing my view and opinions and I'm seeing the game trending in the direction of how CG's other game - Heroes of Dragon Age - went as well. The entire good / evil cleanse / debuff dynamic is eerily similar and the way we are closing in on a very elite handful of toons vs. the entire roster....

Look at this GG report - you know what sticks out the most as a huge warning sign that the game is breaking / consolidating on a very few toons? The chasm that has opened up from the top 5 most used characters and the 6th+ most. You go from 44% usage on Chirrut all the way down to 27% on DM. And that gap is in the process of widening day by day. It's not shrinking. Trends are for further widening of this elite / non-elite gap. R2 - very much riding Chaze's coattails, is now past Savage and Kylo - both very strong characters. In a matter of days he will almost assuredly pass both EP and DM to move in to 6th. You can put your head in the sand to these trends, but the game is absolutely in the process of consolidating / collapsing on a very few characters and Chaze is at the core of that collapse.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

A well thought response that gave me pause. Certainly, developers would be smart to listen to you and guard against your fear the game will fail via consolidation of viable toons into mirror matches. I find no fault in that vision you've laid out. As a community encompassing both gamers, developers, employees, investors, it's beneficial for everyone to see the game remain healthy and strong. I believe in win-win solutions.

I only questioned the emotional intensity around the "chaze situation" as my experiences don't comport with what you write. In my game play, chaze is not a problem, offensively or defensively. As simple as that statement is, I don't get the chaze mania. But maybe I'm the exception to the rule. It does seem most people agree with you. From my po, I don't see an issue, but there's no problem still guarding against the fears you have laid out.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Revan... (slayer of nihlus, creator of hk-47) jedi, sith, republic, mandalorian
    Basic- inflict physical or special dmg (pending which defense is lower on enemy) and grant speed up to 2 random allies and speed down to 2 random enemies.
    Special ds (3cd)- deal physical dmg to all enemies and special dmg equal to 50% of physical dmg for each debuffed ally.
    Special ls (3cd)- cleanse all debuffs and dispel all buffs on enemies. All allies gain 10% tm for each ally/enemy affected.
    Unique- revans basic deals 50% total hp dmg (bypassing protection) to darth nihlus and grants all allies 100%tm upon his death. If HK-47 is present he assists with "meatbag mayhem" on every action revan makes including assists.
    Leader- All allies gain +25% offense, defense, crit chance, crit dmg, potency & tenacity.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Revan... (slayer of nihlus, creator of hk-47) jedi, sith, republic, mandalorian
    Basic- inflict physical or special dmg (pending which defense is lower on enemy) and grant speed up to 2 random allies and speed down to 2 random enemies.
    Special ds (3cd)- deal physical dmg to all enemies and special dmg equal to 50% of physical dmg for each debuffed ally.
    Special ls (3cd)- cleanse all debuffs and dispel all buffs on enemies. All allies gain 10% tm for each ally/enemy affected.
    Unique- revans basic deals 50% total hp dmg (bypassing protection) to darth nihlus and grants all allies 100%tm upon his death. If HK-47 is present he assists with "meatbag mayhem" on every action revan makes including assists.
    Leader- All allies gain +25% offense, defense, crit chance, crit dmg, potency & tenacity.

All allies is toxic, given he factions synergy not ramdon leader ability
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Revan was a charismatic leader that inspired all... it should affect everybody. The effects can change... but it should affect all allies.
  • Options
    This thread is starting to remind me of the old "I can't beat Galatic war so it must be broken" merge by the mods thread.

This is So freaking halarious. Wanna hear something funny? If Chaze was still behind a paywall this would be a nerf ZMaul complaint thread instead..lol. This is really funny cause you all know it would be true.

Dang I'm on fire with the truth bombs tonight!!
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is starting to remind me of the old "I can't beat Galatic war so it must be broken" merge by the mods thread.

This is So freaking halarious. Wanna hear something funny? If Chaze was still behind a paywall this would be a nerf ZMaul complaint thread instead..lol. This is really funny cause you all know it would be true.

What.
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe -10% across all stats for toons not of the same LS/DS as the lead
  • Options

If by truth bombs, you mean rambling bombs, then yes, you are on fire.

Lots of thoughtful discussion going on in here.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    hilikus wrote: »
    dough wrote: »
    oh great, another "can be beaten easily" automaton who makes the claim yet doesn't back it up with anything factual... Zzzzzz

define "easily" and cite these "many other teams.

Is that reall up for debate? No one is denying that except you. Just look it up on YouTube or here on the forum. I personally beat them consistently with Wiggs + lando + Boba + St han. But unfortunately i didn't take the time because I actually thought nobody cares about that.

So definition of easy: 80% success rate. Happy now?

nah, why don't *you* look it up on YT or the forums, i'm not your personal assistant and i'm not the one making spurious claims about "easily beaten" and "multiple teams."

you can't even cite *other* people doing what you claim to do, you're hyperbolizing for the sake of being a contrarian. i agree with 80% win ratio as being an accurate reflection of a high success rate -- i just don't think you're getting anywhere near that (with STH no less) and if you were you wouldn't be foisting your claims off onto other players on YT or this forum.

nobody's denying this except me? you've got 7 pages of posts that largely fly in the face of your assertions...
  • Options
    @ImYourHuckleberry

Chaze is broken and not arena at the moment. It's very simple. Arena is not broken because you can beat Gk / R2 / Chaze without using any of those 4, you are not forced in to a mirror match or using the same 3/4 core toons. Chaze is broken because they are bypassing the cycle part of the game. They take a Sith like DN, who they have no deliberate synergy with, and it forms the core of the best team in the middle of the greatest pass (Sith) the game has ever had by far. We are 2+ months deep in dark side releases / updates and Chaze has only gotten stronger over that time. Through every meta since they have been released, they are the best defense team and an elite offense attacking team. This is only possible because they do so much - so they are ready made and will be fine in any meta. They have zero inherent weaknesses.

That Chaze meta is not due to poor toon development - zSO, zKylo, DN, SA, SiT, Dooku ... these are all excellent toons. It's their ability, because they do everything, to hijack other factions best players and make them better with them than in their own synergy team. Think about that. Team synergy is < Chaze. That's a problem no? It's not toon release issues - CG is putting out fire - but Chaze is engulfing anything good, no matter the faction.

I think your indifference to the future and what ifs is quite shortsighted. I've seen this happen already in other games - I've lived though full out game breaks where 200+ roster was boiled down to 4-5 heroes that required a mirror match. It can happen, it has happened before, but let's not let that happen here. The game is too good overall and too many awesome characters and skills. I feel the game is dangerously close to breaking in terms of needing a core 3/4 heroes and REALLY getting close to breaking the LS / DS part of the game.

In the end though, I'm not going to get upset and hoot and holler. I'll take what the game gives. It's not my game - just sharing my view and opinions and I'm seeing the game trending in the direction of how CG's other game - Heroes of Dragon Age - went as well. The entire good / evil cleanse / debuff dynamic is eerily similar and the way we are closing in on a very elite handful of toons vs. the entire roster....

Look at this GG report - you know what sticks out the most as a huge warning sign that the game is breaking / consolidating on a very few toons? The chasm that has opened up from the top 5 most used characters and the 6th+ most. You go from 44% usage on Chirrut all the way down to 27% on DM. And that gap is in the process of widening day by day. It's not shrinking. Trends are for further widening of this elite / non-elite gap. R2 - very much riding Chaze's coattails, is now past Savage and Kylo - both very strong characters. In a matter of days he will almost assuredly pass both EP and DM to move in to 6th. You can put your head in the sand to these trends, but the game is absolutely in the process of consolidating / collapsing on a very few characters and Chaze is at the core of that collapse.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

This is an awesome summary that people should read over and over again.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Morpheus wrote: »
    Maybe -10% across all stats for toons not of the same LS/DS as the lead

Or 10% for outside leader's faction and 25% from the opposing side (ls/ds.) this would make the Rex GK DN chaze team questionable, no doubt.

Snakes did a video today breezing through gw with 3 random toons and chaze, affectionately titled "Make X faction great again!" And by the end it wasn't even a faction, just random toons.

I realize this is gw, but what's interesting to note is that none of the super low gear, low hp, and presumably low level extra three toons even died... Keeping others alive is what chaze excel at and they do it better than any other duo in the game while doing moderate damage (Chirrut is somehow an attacker, even though he's the best healer and one of the best cleansers in the game.)

The top meta currently, according to gg is a clone, the top raid toon, and chaze. The whole reason the team works is that you've added a second taunter, a second and third cleanser, and the highest damage artacker in the game (annihilate.) This all works as a four protect one-everyone on the team is there to keep each other alive until DN's ohko, then just rinse and repeat.

But does nobody find it odd that DN, a Sith Lord, does better with a Jedi, some rebels, and a clone then his own faction or even side? I realize it's not a realistic game in terms of canon, but certainly faction and side synergy should mean something?
  • hilikus
    109 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Reading comprehension -1
    oh great, another "can be beaten easily" automaton who makes the claim yet doesn't back it up with anything factual... Zzzzzz

Is that reall up for debate? No one is denying that except you. Just look it up on YouTube or here on the forum. I personally beat them consistently with Wiggs + lando + Boba + St han. But unfortunately i didn't take the time because I actually thought nobody cares about that.

nah, why don't *you* look it up on YT or the forums, i'm not your personal assistant and i'm not the one making spurious claims about "easily beaten" and "multiple teams."
    Quick YT seatch, there you go:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4nC2F-nXcw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOmNJ_BaU9Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ7IkubZiGg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVN_ilC8nI

But I am sure they all dont count for some reason you will tell me soon.
    Also before Zaul, Empire under Zader or EP with TFP and Shore was the meta.
    i just don't think you're getting anywhere near that (with STH no less) and if you were you wouldn't be foisting your claims off onto other players on YT or this forum.
    What do you want me to do, guy? They are pretty easily beat with Boba and a fast ST Han. Ability Block on Baze, Taunt from Han, hammer on Baze and just chip him away with all those extra Turn Meter you are getting. Pretty solid strategy. By the time he is dead, Chirrut has a huge amount of buffs -> Execute from Boba and it is pretty much over. I did not make a recording of it so believe it or not. I can tell you though: I switched out ST Hand and Chaze in not because of other Chaze, but because that game breaking Zaul Abomination. Good luck facing him without Chaze.
    nobody's denying this except me? you've got 7 pages of posts that largely fly in the face of your assertions...
    Read the first Post, man. The debate here is, it is not about if they are beatable or not but how they bring too much stuff to the table as a duo. And here I disagree. It should be all about if they are beatable without chaze and some teams or not that defines if they are game breaking or not. I know they are extremely strong and probably should never made that strong. But I say game Breaking is another level still.
    You are indeed the only one who claims they are unbeatable without Chaze.
  • Options

If by truth bombs, you mean rambling bombs, then yes, you are on fire.

Lots of thoughtful discussion going on in here.

Only thing he bombs is the toilet in his single wide trailer after the Big Mac eating contest.
  • Options
    Reading comprehension -1

i just don't think you're getting anywhere near that (with STH no less) and if you were you wouldn't be foisting your claims off onto other players on YT or this forum.
    What do you want me to do, guy? They are pretty easily beat with Boba and a fast ST Han. Ability Block on Baze, Taunt from Han, hammer on Baze and just chip him away with all those extra Turn Meter you are getting. Pretty solid strategy. By the time he is dead, Chirrut has a huge amount of buffs -> Execute from Boba and it is pretty much over. I did not make a recording of it so believe it or not. I can tell you though: I switched out ST Hand and Chaze in not because of other Chaze, but because that game breaking Zaul Abomination. Good luck facing him without Chaze.
    Read the first Post, man. The debate here is, it is not about if they are beatable or not but how they bring too much stuff to the table as a duo. And here I disagree. It should be all about if they are beatable without chaze and some teams or not that defines if they are game breaking or not. I know they are extremely strong and probably should never made that strong. But I say game Breaking is another level still.
    Hey, person who refuses to read all the other points addressed in this thread.

Beatable does not equal balance.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Reading comprehension -1

This +1
  • Options
    Reading comprehension -1

Hey person who doesn't pay attention to logic. Beatable means all your balance brownie points are really moot.
  • Options
    Reading comprehension -1

Hey person who doesn't pay attention to logic. Beatable means all your balance brownie points are really moot.

This +1
    This is a signature.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Reading comprehension -1

I guess that means the 96 Chicago bulls weren't as good as they were because they had the players they did and lost 10 games in the normal season
  • Options
    Reading comprehension -1

You truly do not have the slightest clue of balance or game design and it's evident.

Still waiting for that response about LSD in S8 on WoW.

Months old but I haven't forgot :)
  • Options
    Reading comprehension -1

You truly do not have the slightest clue of balance or game design and it's evident.

I'll pass on the challenge.... I never made the debate personal... So go away.
  • Options
    Reading comprehension -1

MaskDancing.gif
  • Options

flawless victory
  • Options
    Arimanius wrote: »

flawless victory

Lol, OK... I lost the debate, fine, all of you win. Yay for you!

I don't use Chaze, but I do love the challenge of battling against him, (and beating him, especially because many of you apparently can't). If they are nerfed, a major challenge that is fun for me will be taken away.

So from the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry for being selfish and trying to keep my entertainment alive and well.
  • Arimanius
    165 posts Member
    Options

flawless victory

I don't use Chaze, but I do love the challenge of battling against him, (and beating him, especially because many of you apparently can't). If they are nerfed, a major challenge that is fun for me will be taken away.

So from the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry for being selfish and trying to keep my entertainment alive and well.

We never argued it couldn´t be beaten, it´s just not healthy for the game, it doesn´t make any sense to have two toons that can do everything that all the rest of toons can. It´s ridiculous
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

flawless victory

We never argued it couldn´t be beaten, it´s just not healthy for the game, it doesn´t make any sense to have two toons that can do everything that all the rest of toons can. It´s ridiculous
    It's really as simple as these two sentences.
  • hilikus
    109 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Oh hey person who masterfully full quotes but obviously cannot be bothered to read what he is quoting.
    Especially four you I will highlight my point again:

...The debate here is, it is not about if they are beatable or not but how they bring too much stuff to the table as a duo. And here I disagree. It should be all about if they are beatable without chaze and some teams or not that defines if they are game breaking or not. I know they are extremely strong and probably should never made that strong. But I say game Breaking is another level still.
    As you can see you are not really making a point if you just repeat your claim "Beatable does not equal balance" and ignore my argument at the same time. Because I think you are right ;)
    My point is "the more different teams you can use to beat them without using them yourself, the more balanced they are".
    Since Chaze are beatable with some teams, I would give them a "not really balanced but there are way worse combinations out there".
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

flawless victory

+100000000000000000000000000
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

Oh hey person who masterfully full quotes but obviously cannot be bothered to read what he is quoting.
    Especially four you I will highlight my point again:

...The debate here is, it is not about if they are beatable or not but how they bring too much stuff to the table as a duo. And here I disagree. It should be all about if they are beatable without chaze and some teams or not that defines if they are game breaking or not. I know they are extremely strong and probably should never made that strong. But I say game Breaking is another level still.
    As you can see you are not really making a point if you just repeat your claim "Beatable does not equal balance" and ignore my argument at the same time. Because I think you are right ;)
    My point is "the more different teams you can use to beat them without using them yourself, the more balanced they are".
    Since Chaze are beatable with some teams, I would give them a "not really balanced but there are way worse combinations out there".
    For*

And why should I say what me and many, many others have said over and over again?

Why reinvent the wheel when there are over 8 pages in your face?

Let me help you
    v

flawless victory

This discussion has been closed.