It's time to talk about Chewie...

Prev1
Reyalp
738 posts Member
edited May 2017
First of all, well done Devs on your interpretation and implementation of a firm fan favourite, R2.

But it's now time to address another one, which is tragically lying at the bottom of the useless character gutter, Chewbacca.

I would say he is almost as synonymous with Star Wars as Vader, Luke, Han, R2 etc yet he is languishing behind almost everyone.

I've never understood the rationale behind denoting him 'Clone Wars Chewbacca' (most likely retained from the games development) however with the 40th Anniversary coming up its time to address this.

I'm not asking for earth shattering changes - my ideas are very simple:

1. Remove 'Clone Wars' from his name and reskin the bowcaster
2. Increase his base speed
3. Give him the exact same tags as R2 (rebel, republic, resistance)
4. Add an auto taunt (zeta or omega level)
5. A new unique - similar to Zavages but for LS allies with an added bonus if Han is killed
6. Stagger on his basic

That's it.

How do others feel? Time for some fuzzy, wuzzy wookie love?

Edit: to include suggestions below
Post edited by Reyalp on

Replies

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Dude.. that's nice idea!!

Sincerely,

Chewie fans :smiley:
  • Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    20120319-113204.jpg?w=500

Disclaimer: found it on the internet
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    RWGWGWARAHHHHWWRGGWRWRW...
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Belfazar wrote: »
    20120319-113204.jpg?w=500

Disclaimer: found it on the internet

I've never been jealous of a child before.....
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Oh.. plz make chewie pre-taunt. Cool!! ;)
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    E61DFYY.jpg
  • Great ideas! How about the following as well:

- Add taunt whenever Han Solo drops below 100% health
    - Increase damage for his basic... always thought Chewie's bow caster is a massive damage dealer
    - Add a group cleanse to his zeta'd ability... currently the worst zeta in the game
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    After Star Wars 7 I am in favor of his Bow Caster blasting people off of the screen... but seriously though... it should at least stagger people
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Spyda wrote: »
    After Star Wars 7 I am in favor of his Bow Caster blasting people off of the screen... but seriously though... it should at least stagger people

Good idea man - stagger on his basic plus the Tm reduction would be dynamite
  • Blixion
    57 posts Member
    They wouldnt do this. If they were going to make chewie good, they would either have to make an entirely new character version or change him from the starting toon. If everyone gets an auto-taunter from the very start, things would get muddled very quickly. I think a new chewie (-CW) would be fantastic though.
  • Blixion wrote: »
    They wouldnt do this. If they were going to make chewie good, they would either have to make an entirely new character version or change him from the starting toon. If everyone gets an auto-taunter from the very start, things would get muddled very quickly. I think a new chewie (-CW) would be fantastic though.

Agreed to an extent; they can't completely overhaul Clone Wars Chewbacca with an added pre-taunt or it will break the game for beginners, but he still needs upgrades, seeing as he has been proven worthless in nearly every area of the game as of late. Chewie's Zeta desperately needs a rework, seeing as how it's become a running joke on the forum. They then need to add a new version of Chewbacca that holds Rebel, Resistance, and Scoundrel tags and has attributes like a pre-taunt and genuinely high Bowcaster damage, as well as synergy with all versions of Han. No telling when they might actually get around to any of this, though. August, maybe?
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Great ideas! How about the following as well:

- Increase damage for his basic... always thought Chewie's bow caster is a massive damage dealer
    - Add a group cleanse to his zeta'd ability... currently the worst zeta in the game

As awfully slow as he is you'd think he might pack at least 1/2 of a decent punch...definitely agree with giving him some basic damage.

As for the auto taunt on start as some have mentioned it wouldn't muddle with new players if you just made it an omega or later level of the skill. This and the cleanse muffin mentioned would probably make him viable in at least certain squads.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    First of all, well done Devs on your interpretation and implementation of a firm fan favourite, R2.

But it's now time to address another one, which is tragically lying at the bottom of the useless character gutter, Chewbacca.

I would say he is almost as synonymous with Star Wars as Vader, Luke, Han, R2 etc yet he is languishing behind almost everyone.

I've never understood the rationale behind denoting him 'Clone Wars Chewbacca' (most likely retained from the games development) however with the 40th Anniversary coming up its time to address this.

4. Add an auto taunt
    5. A new unique - similar to Zavages but for LS allies.

That's it.

2 words - Brilliant

I couldn't agree more, particularly about the clone wars chewy tag, which limits him in ways I'm just not emotionally prepared to deal with. He's not a clone wars toon in my opinion, he was a rebel first. I know that the timeline argues that, but not the, just go with it ok? I'm not justifying that, it's rock solid logic.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    qc0ax8pfn6cf.gif

How current Chewy looks fighting the current meta
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    -_- your gif game is strong
    @RJ__Brando
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Reyalp wrote: »

4. Add an auto taunt
    5. A new unique - similar to Zavages but for LS allies.

That's it.

And give him a Zeta that cleanses debuffs or removes opponent buffs. Think about it... how many times was Chewy the x-factor in saving his friends skins? A lot!
  • Great ideas! How about the following as well:

You might as well farm Chirrut and Baze, you literally described their abilities with this.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member

You might as well farm Chirrut and Baze, you literally described their abilities with this.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    I've got to be honest I don't like the idea of farming another chewie just so I can have the classic look.

If they're going to introduce an OT straight up "Chewbacca", I'd want them to change the Clone Wars Chewbacca to being a "Clone Wars Wookie" instead.

It'd make more sense for a starting character to be a generic footsoldier (like Ewok Scout).
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Clone Wars Wookie:
    - Keep as is, maybe change leader abilities to a passive
    - Add some Wookie synergies

Introduce Chewbacca:
    - Original Trilogy look
    - Scoundrel, Rebel, Resistance, Tank
    - Bowcaster inflicts daze, and massive damage on anyone without protection
    - War cry recovers health and protection
    - Auto taunts to protect OT characters plus synergy with all versions of Han Solo

Then at a later date add other Wookies like Tarfull
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Oh.. plz make chewie pre-taunt. Cool!! ;)

If he did this Han would still be alive.

So you killed Han!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member

He's not arguing to have those things available in the game, he's arguing that they be abilities that Chewy gets. duh.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    qc0ax8pfn6cf.gif

How current Chewy looks fighting the current meta

Spot on. That pretty much says it all...
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member

Can we atleast give him a negative of some sort then like if Han is defeated chewy is stunned.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

Can we atleast give him a negative of some sort then like if Han is defeated chewy is stunned.

And then shoots at Kylo Ren.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    To clarify - the auto taunt ability would be a zeta on either his existing unique or a new unique.

This would remove the issue for new players and it being a starting toon
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I also like the idea of the Han Solo dying giving him a massive boost (old Ben style-esque) - call it 'Wookie Rage' or something
  • He becomes enraged whenever he faces Kylo...
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I like the Wookie Rage ability, let's go with that.
    Post edited by Ansroff on