First Order in Mid Game

Blixion
57 posts Member
edited May 2017
I've been developing FO just because I think they're fun and cool, and hopefully will have more variety with the new movie. At what point do they become truly viable? I know the defense sucks. I'm only level 72, and my shard is filled with 80-85 because I quit for about a year, but my rebel team can beat some of the 85s I see.
My First Order is at this stage:
Kylo 7* G8, FOO 4* G8, FOTP 3* G8, FOST 3* G8, and Phasma 5* G7. Working on Phasma to 8, but Carbantis are Carbantis.

My rebels team is much better at this point in time, not because of level or gear but solely the utility.
Wedge 7* G8, Biggs 7* G7, Jyn 6* G7, Baze 4* G8, and Chirrut 5* G8.

At what point (if any) should I expect FO to take the lead in terms of attacking power?

Replies

• Copes
    36 posts Member
    I don't know at exactly what point FO is better than your Rebels squad, because I think the Rebels probably are better (certainly on defense) at this point in the game.

That said, I did something similar to you and have some thoughts on FO at this stage.

First, max Kylo, Phasma and FOO. Those three are fairly easy farms, and work alright together. I ran these three at 7* G9 for a while along with a G9 STH and G9 IG-88. It worked alright, and kept me around Rank 50 on my shard. Note though that my shard is all my level, unlike you.

My team jumped a lot when I was able to replace IG-88 with Emperor Palpatine. He adds a lot of value to a "partial" FO team, providing healing and buff immunity (great against Nihilus leads, which I see a lot of) as well as stuns. He is definitely a positive replacement for FOTP until FOTP is at a similar level to your other characters. Mine isn't yet and Palp is hanging around until he is.

Because Trooper is only a bit ahead of FOTP for me, I used STH as his replacement. I recently got my Trooper to 5* G9, and I subbed him in for STH. Not a huge difference, but the counter is nice and I definitely notice a few more Assists under Phasma's lead. I don't think I would have used trooper before he hit 5* G9.

So currently I am running full FO, except I replace FOTP with Emperor Palp. I hit level 80 last night. What I just described has been my story for the past ten levels or so.

My team drops quite a bit over night, but that is the nature of First Order. I actually struggle beating Wiggs teams that move faster than me, but can beat ones that don't. I have FOO modded for Speed, and use Marching Orders on FOST if I am going to need to eat a lot of damage (against Wiggs) or on Palp if I need to prevent a Taunt (against a Sith Trooper, for example). I can climb with them. They're really fun. But they don't hold well on D.

Good luck! Hope some of this helps!
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    Ive been farming FO on side for a bit now. They are no where near ready, except kylo and Phasma. But U gotta think in December when the movie comes out, FO will get a huge boost. Especially if this movie goes along with empire strikes back and First order kick some resistance butt. Although I am curious if we get a new Kylo character in the game, a Sith Kylo.
    Either way FO is due some new characters and better synergy overall.
  • I am sure we will see some new FO characters, but very doubtful in my opinion we will see a new Kylo, the movie is picking up right where TFA left off, so too quick for a new Kylo.
    To the OP, FO really does not go into gear, till you have Phas at least in Zeta. The team shines with all four, but Phas is needed for the team to really function as a pure FO team. Up until that point, you will be farther ahead with a mixed team like already listed.
  • I started farming FO early, used Phasma and Kylo from the start pretty much. Dropped FOTP in at 5 stars and made a hybrid with Phasma, STH, Kylo, FOTP and Boba, all of them gear 8. This got me into 20-50, but it became increasingly difficult.

I finally switched to full FO squad when I had FOST and FOTP at 6 stars, everyone else at 7. Once they were all gear 9 I started rising in the ranks. At gear 10 I was able to break into the top 10. Now I'm maxed and can take 1st everyday as long as I'm free at payout.

This is pre-zeta, will have Phasma's in the next week or so.
    Here's the crew: https://swgoh.gg/u/tharduskafka/
  • Slowly getting there

Zylo G10
    Phazma G9 ( 7/20 zeta)
    FOO G9
    FOTP 6 star G7
    FOST 5 star G5

I expect Gen. Hux will be released close to the film being released and at lease 1 or 2 more characters
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    I'm lvl 74 and am using Kylo G9, Phasma G9, FOTP 4* G9, Daka G8, and Royal Guard 6* G8. Even at 4* FOTP is still melting people like they were butter, and with Daka and RG subbed it's been a regular stun fest. Aside from both having great stuns on their basic attacks (which frequently proc when they assist), RG has an auto taunt that helps to keep FOTP alive and Daka provides the heals and the occasionally revive should FOTP and/or RG ever get dropped. It's been working out really well for me so far, but I do still have trouble with Chaze teams (due to the lack of dispels), and fast Wiggs teams since Biggs gets full turn meter every time he gets crit (a lot on a FO team with AoEs) and has the potential to one shot FOTP on the opening volley with Comrade-In-Arms (RG won't taunt if they go from above 50% life to dead in a single attack).

I absolutely love playing against Sith teams though. Dooku isn't much of a threat when he's permanently stunned, or one shot by FOTP. I can usually have most of their team stunned at any given time. Sith Trooper is the only one that ever gives me any problems and that's only due to the lack of a dispel.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    FO will get a much needed boost in characters after the new movie so I would advise that you start farming certain characters now and by the time the new movie comes out you'll have more options to plug into your team. If you're going for a full on FO team.

I'm currently sitting on:
    -7* Phasma- G8--(I stopped gearing her because her leader ability took a back seat for me)
    -7* FO TIE Pilot - G10--( favorite character in the whole game! Worth the farm)
    -6* Kylo- G9--( my next character to max out and zeta cause he's amazing offensively)

The rest I kinda stopped caring about because even though they have the potential to be a very cool team they lack on defense and awesome sauce...
  • some___guy
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    F.O.TIE Pilot was my first Gear XI toon. Hard to farm, and so is F.O. Stormtrooper! Great team when levelled up, and their synergy is really nice!
    I'm probably the only member in my guild that will be Zeta-ing Phasma, but to run a true First Order Team she is the lead!
    That being said, my Trooper is still only 6*... but a decent tank nonetheless.
    Overall, I love this team. But it takes dedication, and sacrifice to build up. Not an easy side project.
    F.O.Officer needs a lot of speed to be his most useful.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    FO with 4 zetas can't scratch the surface of a zaul team with ONE. Or a Rex/DN/chaze/GK with NONE.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    FO with 4 zetas can't scratch the surface of a zaul team with ONE. Or a Rex/DN/chaze/GK with NONE.

Haha. Not true at all. I beat Rex teams and Zaul teams, most of them using Chaze and I don't even have Phasma Zeta'd yet. Sure, FO suffers on defense, so does every team. With good mods they are perfectly viable on offense though.
  • TonyVisor
    211 posts Member
    FO is a pretty versatile team. I use them in all aspects of this game. Arena I can get into too 20 and they aren't even fully zetad yet. Defense lacks. They get through tough GW teams pretty well. I usually load their TM then use a lesser geared team to get through. Raids they can do a few million as well. Its a long haul, especially for F2P, but I don't regret the grind 1 bit.
  • lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

I have 4 zetas on my FO have about an 75% success against zaul and 90%(closer to 100% against random Rex leads) against cleanse teams. Defense is poor which is well known.
  • 80% vs Zauls, and 100% against Rex teams is what I am hitting on my shard. They are great in offense, but as pointed out many times here, very poor in def
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    aJCxFcM.png
    ShV1Tht.png
    KjsgNW5.png

Just thought I'd share this. Wiggs/Chaze, Rex with Nihilus, GK, etc, full Rogue One, Zaul with Sassy, Zaul with Chaze.

Sure, it's not always an easy fight. Why would I want it to be? Sometimes I need to refresh and sometimes I have to fight the same team three times to win. It makes the victory that much sweeter when you work for it instead of going the easy route.