Clone Troopers

Okay so firstly I'll admit I love the clone troopers!

A while back I decided to build an all clone team, which was great when I started out, but now that I'm Lv 84 they are not that good against the teams I'm coming up against.

They are all 7 star, Rex gear X, 5's gear IX, Echo, Cody and Clone Sarge all at gear 8.

Obviously I need to gear them up higher (which is a challenge in itself as they pretty all need the same gear!) I'm finding Cody very squishy unless in lead and even then still squishy!

So my 2 x questions are, do they get a lot better with higher level gear?

And next who else can I put into/swap out with to make this an awesome team? Which clones would you keep and which would you swap out and with who?

Replies

• I run a full clone team all 7* G11 with health or defense mods. I find it fun to run them even tho they aren't the 'meta' and even with them I easily stay in top 200 in arena on my shard. I also have zCody and that also I believe is key to surviving and getting them going. They are also very good for GW
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Valleylax5 wrote: »
    I run a full clone team all 7* G11 with health or defense mods. I find it fun to run them even tho they aren't the 'meta' and even with them I easily stay in top 200 in arena on my shard. I also have zCody and that also I believe is key to surviving and getting them going. They are also very good for GW

They're still good with the passive from Echo, but Cody will definitely be my 2nd zeta as I've heard it helps a lot. But as stated they are great for GW, and they're also very useful for raids. They're a fun team, but I wouldn't say any one of them is "strong" in the same way like a kylo ren or chaze would be; the team is built on 4-5 clone synergy.
  • I run maxed clones (not yet zeta'd, but all 7* g11) as my main arena team. I seem to have better success with Rex lead as opposed to Cody, though that may change once I zeta Cody. However, I run Cody lead in GW and AAT. Sgt was my last clone to level (what a chore), so while I was waiting I used JKA as lead for his leadership ability. For AAT, I'm now running with Leia instead of Rex in p2/p4. In arena, Maul isn't overly a problem, but zKylo and zBarriss I having problems with as they just won't die.
  • Nerfburger73
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I love my maxed clone squad and never regret spending the money to farm them before they were F2P, and Cody was my very first zeta'd character, but they are only good for GW and Raids (and occasional events). I'm still struggling to break the 1.5 million mark with them I the HAAT, but it may be that I lack the correct mods to make them work correctly. It may sound weird, but I've actually scored higher without Leia in place of Rex in the P2 of HAAT, but I know there's potential for big numbers with her in the squad. I keep hearing that I need to get Cody as fast as you can mod him (>220 range if possible) but when I do I seem to lose out on Crits with other clones (who I can only get up to 40% or so on crit chance). I may actually be hurting my chances by trying to use match sets of crit dam and crit chance on each of the remaining 3 (5's, Echo, & Sarge) in order to maximize their output, but is this a poor strategy or should I shoot for match sets if possible? Thanks for the help in advance.

https://swgoh.gg/u/nerfburger/collection/?f=clone-trooper
    (Note: I've shuffled mods back and forth between teams for other stuff, so Cody is not representative of what I use for the raid)
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I use them in GW and HAAT. I use Rex in the arena, but that's it. The rest of the clones don't belong there, and mine are maxed.
  • I clear GW with just clones all the time..... there is a guy that stays top fifty with zCody and clones in my server but not gonna get higher than 20 clones are just to underwhelming and rely on crits and zMaul erases all that... I love my clones but just not great for top tier arena they are beast in HAAT at least with the right mods
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Clones are not a waste of resources simply because it's one of the best team in AAT P2/P4. Yes, they all need stun cuffs and Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace, but focus on them and it will go fast enough. Cody is really squishy, mine is 7* gr 10 and has only 11k health, but in AAT it's not a problem.
    Even in nAAT without his zeta, you can do very good damages (4.5m in P4 yesterday with Leia, and Cody/Echo were 6*). And he will only die on enrage. For hAAT, you would need full gear on him and his zeta.
    Fives and Rex are also useful outside of clones team.