Galactic Republic Ships

Ender22
1194 posts Member
Rebels and Empire have been getting all of these new and great synergistic ships. Ships that I've been so tempted to go for, just cuz how awesome they are, but I'm part of the Galactic Republic and I need to hold out for this synergy. Can the Galactic Republic get a turn for some awesomeness? Please?

Replies

518 posts Member
    How many ships Empire has ? 4, with only 2 of them farmable.
    How many for rebels ? 6, 4 of them farmable.
    And Galactic Republic ? 6, all farmable.
    So please, do not ask for something that is not necessary. When Empire got 6 ships, and all factions got ships farmable, then yes, why not.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Republic still has the most ships of any faction and they are all farmable, with only Rex's ARC being a long farm. They are also all really good ships, I use them all and regularly finish 1st.

Although I do understand the desire to want more, namely say Anakin's and Obi-Wan's starfighter and perhaps a Republic gunship, we could probably use some more ships from other factions.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Hmmm, indeed. Perhaps my desire is just wanting more, or new. While we have a list, I suppose it's getting stagnant and old, and all the new ships have abilities that are far superior to those of the Republic. I'd like to have an all Republic team, but the other ships are just too good to replace
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    None of the new ships are available to star up outside of a lot of money still, so I never see any in my shard even though I'm top 3 consistently. Everyone just has the same ships with only a few differences. Dark side need a second fleet commander and more ships, before the lightside get anything else in my opinion.
  • I agree that we need more empire ships. The tough part is that characters go hand in hand with the ships.

So if they added a TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber they would need to add a TIE Interceptor pilot and TIE Bomber pilot which they wouldnt do.

But with the coming of Thrawn, since he is of Chiss species, perhaps they could add a chiss starfighter and pilot to the empire arsenal.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Hmmm, indeed. Perhaps my desire is just wanting more, or new. While we have a list, I suppose it's getting stagnant and old, and all the new ships have abilities that are far superior to those of the Republic. I'd like to have an all Republic team, but the other ships are just too good to replace

The republic ships is scary tho.. 3 tanky ship, 1 generic version of tie fighter dodge so much, 1 very utility ship, 1 can force taunt.

Or maybe u don't have all republic pilots maxed out, orr maybe u too lazy to farm new ships. Plus point is all republic ships farmable :smiley:
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    RacerDejak wrote: »

The republic ships is scary tho.. 3 tanky ship, 1 generic version of tie fighter dodge so much, 1 very utility ship, 1 can force taunt.

Or maybe u don't have all republic pilots maxed out, orr maybe u too lazy to farm new ships. Plus point is all republic ships farmable :smiley:

Nah, I have them all almost 6* and I do really well in the fleet arena too.. In fact, I'm consistently number 1 in my shard. However, I only use 3 Galactic Republic ships, and mace's capital. The real MVP's in my squad are Vader, Boba Fett, and Biggs (edit: JC is also an MVP, helps me get Vader to attack again.). I'd go for the new rebel ships they brought out (Great synergy with Biggs) if it weren't for the fact that I'd lose possible synergy with my capital.

I have Rex, 5* ship and one of my top characters, but I can't use him successfully. He is too slow to target lock for Biggs and his ability is best used with the Galactic Republic. The only way to make use of him would be to take away the Biggs synergy I have, which is really the best synergy in the game right now.

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member

Also, I don't run Ashoka, mostly because of my experience in not worrying about her when I'm attacking. She can go ahead and dispel Biggs, he'll get taunt back no problem. She usually doesn't though for some reason.

Plo Koon, he is my secondary line. I wouldn't be able to rely on him first line due to his squishiness AND once his taunt is dispelled, it's gone. Biggs is a MUCH better synergy. Plo could only weaken that synergy.

1 utility, perhaps you mean Rex? Unreliable unless I go all out Republic I think. I've tried, defensively my rank dropped. Haven't tried all out Republic, I'd lose my MVP's and I'm not sold on the abilities they have that are falling behind the latest trends.

The tanks, they are good at staying alive. Won't do a whole lot more than that. Especially once the enemies target locks expire. CS only has a 50% to inflict, Rex almost never will, 5's most likely will only once. Compared to what I currently run, where I get between 3 and 4 target locks with many many AoE, without much from the Republic at all.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I agree though. Empire needs a build up too, in fact, let theirs be first, they do need it more. But I just want to say, let's not forget the Galactic Republic once you've beefed up the empire.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Guest wrote: »
    How many ships Empire has ? 4, with only 2 of them farmable.
    How many for rebels ? 6, 4 of them farmable.
    And Galactic Republic ? 6, all farmable.
    So please, do not ask for something that is not necessary. When Empire got 6 ships, and all factions got ships farmable, then yes, why not.

I'm not worried about farmable. Guaranteed those ships will become farmable. And when they do, they will easily outshine the Galactic Republic. Easily. That's my fear. I currently don't even run all Republic because Biggs is too good. Currently, I say Rebels have the best synergy, with farmable ships. Empire has the worst though.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member

Nah, I have them all almost 6* and I do really well in the fleet arena too.. In fact, I'm consistently number 1 in my shard. However, I only use 3 Galactic Republic ships, and mace's capital. The real MVP's in my squad are Vader, Boba Fett, and Biggs (edit: JC is also an MVP, helps me get Vader to attack again.). I'd go for the new rebel ships they brought out (Great synergy with Biggs) if it weren't for the fact that I'd lose possible synergy with my capital.

I have Rex, 5* ship and one of my top characters, but I can't use him successfully. He is too slow to target lock for Biggs and his ability is best used with the Galactic Republic. The only way to make use of him would be to take away the Biggs synergy I have, which is really the best synergy in the game right now.

Hmmm.. i think u just boring lol. :lol:

Hard to expect nice synergy in fleet faction, ships choice very limited. Around #20 - 30 here with home one, my fleet is mixed tho.. rebel (wedge, biggs, bistan u wing), republic (sergeant arc, jc, ahsoka), separatist (geo soldier), empire (tie advanced). Mostly ships *5.. too lazy to farm blueprints and lvling up pilots.. i don't even have the great slave 1, or scimitar. :frowning:

Do u have the falcon?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member

Also, I don't run Ashoka, mostly because of my experience in not worrying about her when I'm attacking. She can go ahead and dispel Biggs, he'll get taunt back no problem. She usually doesn't though for some reason.

Plo Koon, he is my secondary line. I wouldn't be able to rely on him first line due to his squishiness AND once his taunt is dispelled, it's gone. Biggs is a MUCH better synergy. Plo could only weaken that synergy.

1 utility, perhaps you mean Rex? Unreliable unless I go all out Republic I think. I've tried, defensively my rank dropped. Haven't tried all out Republic, I'd lose my MVP's and I'm not sold on the abilities they have that are falling behind the latest trends.

The tanks, they are good at staying alive. Won't do a whole lot more than that. Especially once the enemies target locks expire. CS only has a 50% to inflict, Rex almost never will, 5's most likely will only once. Compared to what I currently run, where I get between 3 and 4 target locks with many many AoE, without much from the Republic at all.

I have ahsoka, because she is easy to farm.. she is my reinforcement, simply because i have no other good ship lol. I don't even have plo kloon unlocked. Biggs is champ in fleet.. any strategy involved biggs around.

That 1 utility ship is jc starfighter.. she is great.. really nice to have her, easy farm tho. I preferable rex as tank ship because she is hard to knock out, same as fives and sergeant. It's anoying when mace taunting one of them. I don't even have fives and rex ship.. just sarge :lol:

Yeah sarge TL sucks

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Haha I probably am to be honest (the rest of my post disappeared O.O)

Rewrite:

Ah yes, the slave 1 is a great ship. Top 30 isn't really a bad position to be in. Farm the right ships and you can make it further for sure if you want though.

I don't have the Falcon. If they had ever put it straight into the shop I might have bought it. Haven't seen anyone with it either.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    [/quote]

I have ahsoka, because she is easy to farm.. she is my reinforcement, simply because i have no other good ship lol. I don't even have plo kloon unlocked. Biggs is champ in fleet.. any strategy involved biggs around.

That 1 utility ship is jc starfighter.. she is great.. really nice to have her, easy farm tho. I preferable rex as tank ship because she is hard to knock out, same as fives and sergeant. It's anoying when mace taunting one of them. I don't even have fives and rex ship.. just sarge :lol:

Yeah sarge TL sucks

[/quote]

Biggs is definitely Meta. I've not seen a single fleet that doesn't revolve around him. JC is great, I like getting to choose which ship I want to assist based on the situation. Hmm, Rex as tank. Maybe, if his target lock was more reliable I'd use him. I prefer 5's as my secondary tank since his health and protection is really high and he doesn't do much mid game so I don't mind losing him.

I almost never use Mace's taunt ability. Maybe once a week lol. Biggs has it covered, then maybe Plo, by the time those taunts are done, their team is much weaker than mine and taunt could only drag out an already won game.

I hear that sarge can actually be pretty strong.. When i get good mods for my lesser used Republic and test out an all Republic, I'll let you know how it goes
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Yeah sarge TL sucks

Biggs is definitely Meta. I've not seen a single fleet that doesn't revolve around him. JC is great, I like getting to choose which ship I want to assist based on the situation. Hmm, Rex as tank. Maybe, if his target lock was more reliable I'd use him. I prefer 5's as my secondary tank since his health and protection is really high and he doesn't do much mid game so I don't mind losing him.

I almost never use Mace's taunt ability. Maybe once a week lol. Biggs has it covered, then maybe Plo, by the time those taunts are done, their team is much weaker than mine and taunt could only drag out an already won game.

I hear that sarge can actually be pretty strong.. When i get good mods for my lesser used Republic and test out an all Republic, I'll let you know how it goes
    The best use I've seen for Rex in Fleet is as a healer ship alongside Biggs. He doesn't restore health, but he restores protection to other ships, and if he's protected by another ship's taunt it complicates things for the opposing fleet. I suppose that blurs the line between the definitions of a healer and a tank, since they're both supposed to mitigate damage. But I think the Rex ship's value is greater in healing other ships rather than drawing fire upon himself.

I don't know if that means Rex is good enough in ships to be called essential for the starting lineup, but I think he can probably make a fleet more successful at defending against players who either don't know how to beat him or don't have ships with the right abilities to beat him when he's teamed with Biggs.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Agreed.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Haha I probably am to be honest (the rest of my post disappeared O.O)

Rewrite:

Ah yes, the slave 1 is a great ship. Top 30 isn't really a bad position to be in. Farm the right ships and you can make it further for sure if you want though.

I don't have the Falcon. If they had ever put it straight into the shop I might have bought it. Haven't seen anyone with it either.

Too lazy to farm slave 1, also maybe because i don't like boba much. Just hit 85 about a month or less ago.. i stopped enhance my fleet after i *3-ed zeta challenge, i choose to enhance my toon for raid purpose than farm blueprint. After that done, yes i'll enhance the fleet for better place in arena.

Haven't seen falcon also.. only in challenge. I want her so bad. It's too exclusive -_-
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    I use all 6 Republic ships with Slave 1 and TFP im looking to replace those 2 with Anakin and Obi wan lol
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I run a full Republic Fleet myself. Just put my 8th regular ship in my fleet up to level 85 2 days ago. (9th counting Endurance)
    Mace
    JC,
    Rex,
    Clone Sergeant
    Fives
    Plo Koon

Backup:
    Ahsoka,
    Fett
    GeoSol

That starting five has super synergy. Plo makes Clone Sergeant taunt. Rex gives tm to Plo Koon. Fives blasts Biggs with a target lock. Clone Sergeant uses his special too, followed by a Consular assist, and then Plo Koon goes and gives everyone turn meter and I finish Biggs off. Meanwhile he has given tenacity up to clone sergeant as well so he is resisting all sorts of effects which means the protection on my entire team is regenerating due to Rex's unique.

If I end up having to spend 2 rounds on Biggs. (Unlikely), I basically have full protection regen from consular to drop on him which I can speed up with Rex. Or I can have Clone Sergeant recover his own protection by speeding him up. Rex giving half a turn every turn is awesome. I almost always give it to Plo Koon if I have a choice because he gives everyone else turn meter.

In between Plo Koon's speed up and all the extra turn meter from Rex, I end up with a perpetual taunt on Clone Sergeant. Once he gets damage immunity and tenacity up and bonus protection he becomes basically unkillable with all the sources of protection restoration he has.

This is before you consider I have 4 sources of target lock. a buff wipe, an assist, offense and defense down, Defense up, speed up, tenacity up, protection up and critical hit immunity to play with... with just my starting five.

There is no other team with synergy that compares to the Republic Fleet. There just happen to be a few really OP combos mostly involving Ackbar and Biggs.

I take first every day with my fleet. I don't run Biggs in it at all. Running him would be pointless past the starting five, and putting him in there would make my starting five weaker because he isn't a Republic ship.

Rex is pretty much wasted in any non full Republic fleet. Being able to do that tm and protection move every turn makes him super OP, especially the way he interacts with Plo Koon.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I run a full Republic Fleet myself. Just put my 8th regular ship in my fleet up to level 85 2 days ago. (9th counting Endurance)
    Mace
    JC,
    Rex,
    Clone Sergeant
    Fives
    Plo Koon

Backup:
    Ahsoka,
    Fett
    GeoSol

That starting five has super synergy. Plo makes Clone Sergeant taunt. Rex gives tm to Plo Koon. Fives blasts Biggs with a target lock. Clone Sergeant uses his special too, followed by a Consular assist, and then Plo Koon goes and gives everyone turn meter and I finish Biggs off. Meanwhile he has given tenacity up to clone sergeant as well so he is resisting all sorts of effects which means the protection on my entire team is regenerating due to Rex's unique.

If I end up having to spend 2 rounds on Biggs. (Unlikely), I basically have full protection regen from consular to drop on him which I can speed up with Rex. Or I can have Clone Sergeant recover his own protection by speeding him up. Rex giving half a turn every turn is awesome. I almost always give it to Plo Koon if I have a choice because he gives everyone else turn meter.

In between Plo Koon's speed up and all the extra turn meter from Rex, I end up with a perpetual taunt on Clone Sergeant. Once he gets damage immunity and tenacity up and bonus protection he becomes basically unkillable with all the sources of protection restoration he has.

This is before you consider I have 4 sources of target lock. a buff wipe, an assist, offense and defense down, Defense up, speed up, tenacity up, protection up and critical hit immunity to play with... with just my starting five.

There is no other team with synergy that compares to the Republic Fleet. There just happen to be a few really OP combos mostly involving Ackbar and Biggs.

I take first every day with my fleet. I don't run Biggs in it at all. Running him would be pointless past the starting five, and putting him in there would make my starting five weaker because he isn't a Republic ship.

Rex is pretty much wasted in any non full Republic fleet. Being able to do that tm and protection move every turn makes him super OP, especially the way he interacts with Plo Koon.

Thank you for that! This is precisely what I wanted to hear when I posted this! I've been gearing up and leveling up Rex and his ship for so long, and I had been feeling like it was such a waste. A waste that just looks like it has so much potential.

I haven't finished CS yet, and was considering not even bothering, considering my currently regular 1st place and awesome team. Thank you for giving me hope in the Galactic Republic.