Slight Tweak to Galactic War - GW Survival Mode

I was doing Assault Battles Event the other day and it was great to be able to auto these 8 battles in an efficient manner.

And it got me thinking it would be great of they allowed us to fight 12 GW squads all in one continuous battle system like they do for assault battles (8/8) and other PVE modes (LS/DS/Cantina where we fight 3/3 battles).

Introducing this system would make GW quicker and more fun. Also those with Darth Nihlus (which should most people tbh) would be able to save his annihilate for those pesky chaze teams. Also the sheer joy of seeing the aggregate amount of money, shards and ability materials that you recieve for completing 12 GW nodes warms my heart.

Naturally, players would be able to choose between the two GW battle systems and they can also offer extra rewards to those who can complete the GW Survival mode.

Replies

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    So what would happen if your team were to not make it all the way through? Are you done for the day, or do you get to send in another team where you left off?
    I'm not sure that GW will ever change from it's current state. However, I would love to see something like this in place of the tournaments. Choose 1 team, and see how far you can climb. Could be pretty fun.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    I was doing Assault Battles Event the other day and it was great to be able to auto these 8 battles in an efficient manner.

And it got me thinking it would be great of they allowed us to fight 12 GW squads all in one continuous battle system like they do for assault battles (8/8) and other PVE modes (LS/DS/Cantina where we fight 3/3 battles).

Introducing this system would make GW quicker and more fun. Also those with Darth Nihlus (which should most people tbh) would be able to save his annihilate for those pesky chaze teams. Also the sheer joy of seeing the aggregate amount of money, shards and ability materials that you recieve for completing 12 GW nodes warms my heart.

Naturally, players would be able to choose between the two GW battle systems and they can also offer extra rewards to those who can complete the GW Survival mode.

I really like this concept! Well put indeed. Let's hope it gets considered?
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Some type of endless mode is much needed.... It really stinks having to put the game down because you are out of things to do. (Which can happen rather quickly on most days.)

Problem is rewards. It needs to be just enough to be an incentive to actually do it and not feel wasted, but not too much as to where it can feel like you are missing out if you don't do it. For those days where you don't have extra time.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Sounds good! For some extra rewards i think it would be viable.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    So what would happen if your team were to not make it all the way through? Are you done for the day, or do you get to send in another team where you left off?
    I'm not sure that GW will ever change from it's current state. However, I would love to see something like this in place of the tournaments. Choose 1 team, and see how far you can climb. Could be pretty fun.

You should be able to try it again with any team (including the one you just died with) but there should be a limit to the amounts of attempts per day (3 or 5 should be fair).
  • xpxnx wrote: »
    Some type of endless mode is much needed.... It really stinks having to put the game down because you are out of things to do. (Which can happen rather quickly on most days.)

Problem is rewards. It needs to be just enough to be an incentive to actually do it and not feel wasted, but not too much as to where it can feel like you are missing out if you don't do it. For those days where you don't have extra time.

They could offer an extra omega material and/or 250k (extra credits) for completing the survival GW.

And yes outside of Arena/Raids there is no real challenge for old players like myself (Dec 2015). When i started GW was hard and some days i could'nt complete it. Now i breeze through it with one squad. This new system would add some freshness to the game whilst not really changing much at all.