Need more crystals compromise

So I've been playing this game for more than a year now. Since I joined, the arena crystal rewards have remained the same.

Since then, they've introduced raids (with raid gear - which can be bought in shipments), mods (which can be bought in the mod shop for crystals), raised the lvl cap (bringing more gear sold in shipments), ships (fleet packs, etc. needing more crystals), etc.

I think it's safe to say that the need for crystals has more than doubled since over a year ago yet the rewards remain the same. Some extra crystals in GW and a mystery box don't count...

Something that would be amazing would be to increase the max payout to 1000 crystals and ramp that down. This would definitely help with the gear crunch immensely. Saying this, I don't think this is something that would ever happen since it is unlikely they will want to just give away free money. It is similar to how credit heists were added due to there being tons more you need to use credits on.

Bottom line is there needs to be more crystals going out. If the rewards are not going to be increased, at least change the payout structure of arena/fleet arena. If you go to the Arena feedback section of the forums, it is littered with people complaining about payouts (not being able to play at a specific time, etc.), sniping, clock blocking, groups taking over shards, etc. There have even been multiple megathreads on this. One of the most talked about suggestions over there is to payout based on max rank of the day, thereby freeing up people on having to play at a specific time. The actual payout of your reward could still be at the same time but at least base the reward on the max rank of the day.

Yes this will result in some more crystals going out to players but as I say from my introduction, that is pretty much needed anyway.

Replies

• +10000
  • Yup
  • I agree but I don't think keeping it a part of any arena is the way to go, PvP is more about the crystals than the PvP itself at this point.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Since release they have given us 2 raids which reward raid gear, a shard shop where u can turn in shards of ppl u overfarm to buy raid gear and fleets which allow u to purchase hard to get gear and a credit heist. B thankful 4 what u have instead of sniveling about what u don't. This game is a grind...not a loot grab.
  • I agree but I don't think keeping it a part of any arena is the way to go, PvP is more about the crystals than the PvP itself at this point.

Agreed. Hopefully if they can payout based on max rank for the day, more people will be able to play and there will be more of a challenge in arena?
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Since release they have given us 2 raids which reward raid gear, a shard shop where u can turn in shards of ppl u overfarm to buy raid gear and fleets which allow u to purchase hard to get gear and a credit heist. B thankful 4 what u have instead of sniveling about what u don't. This game is a grind...not a loot grab.

The only reason they reward raid gear is because they added the gear. The shard shop conversion is horrible and you can only buy rancor gear. If everyone just sat back and was thankful for what they got, nothing would improve in this life.

Besides all that, this is a suggestion thread, not a thread moaning about the current state of the game.
  • Crystals are where they make their money. Why would they give away more free crystals? I agree that (like with credits) there's a lot more things to spend credits on, that's just more incentive in EA's eyes to charge more. While people are still spending money on crystals by the vault load they're not going to change a thing.

I'm not advocating that business behaviour btw, just telling you the business reasons why they won't change it any time soon.

• That's all we need, ppl gunning for 1k crystals daily... no thanks
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »

The only reason they reward raid gear is because they added the gear. The shard shop conversion is horrible and you can only buy rancor gear. If everyone just sat back and was thankful for what they got, nothing would improve in this life.

Besides all that, this is a suggestion thread, not a thread moaning about the current state of the game.

If u r not thankful for what u get for free, u r always welcome to spend to improve. Money makes the world go round.
    Poxx wrote: »

If u r not thankful for what u get for free, u r always welcome to spend to improve. Money makes the world go round.

Who said anything about spending or not spending? Who said anything about not being thankful for anything free? ... go read again.

You're not wrong, but there is also a good amount of non raid gear that is given out as a reward. I've gone 3 months since I've seen a furnace or furnace salvage. Meanwhile I've amassed hundreds of pieces that aren't needed by anyone. The exchange rate for the shard shop is garbage and very slow, so that's irrelevant.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    I disagree with a need for more crystals as a arena payout. Totally agree with a better way of determining payout. Either Max rank for the day or Max rank in a certain time period. We get two hours to pick up our free energy so we can still have a life, but have to be playing exactly at payout time and ignore our family over dinner to get a good payout? That's kind of messed up.