HotFix Update 5/17/2017 [Megathread]

Prev1345
Mageduckey
699 posts Member
edited May 2017
Here are the updates for 5/17/2017!

Expose
All instances of Expose will no longer prevent a new instance of Expose from being inflicted.
  • Finn: Reverted description of "Takedown" in light of Expose consistency pass.
  • Resistance Pilot: Reverted description of "Outmaneuver" in light of Expose consistency pass.
  • Resistance Trooper: Reverted description of "Flush Out" in light of Expose consistency pass.
  • For more information on Expose, please refer to @CG_NotReallyAJedi 's Expose exposé <<LINKED HERE>>
Vader Bug Vanquish
As there's been some (understandable!) confusion over whether Vader is still bugged or no, let's address the smoldering helmet in the room.
4s8wpfys4lqu.gif
Here is a breakdown of events: There were two bugs associated with Darth Vader
  • Bug 1: his leader ability stacking on multiple encounters
  • Bug 2: his leader ability not interacting with Palpatine's "Crackling Doom"
After it was reported by our intrepid Players via Bugs and Issues, our team identified and fixed Bug 1. Then we fixed Bug 2.
  • What we didn't know: Fixing Bug 2 broke Bug 1.
But worry not! Our team has returned to this issue, successfully addressed both bugs and once this update goes live, BOTH bugs should be appropriately fixed and all will be well in the Galaxy.
BUGS
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Vader's Leader ability to remove more turn meter than intended on encounters beyond the first in a battle.
  • Cassian Andor: "Crippling Shot" will no longer copy Burning to all enemies, and will no longer cause Evasion triggers on targets besides the primary target.
  • Old Daka's leader ability "Nightsister Elder" now grants the correct defense amount for all tiers.
  • Snowtrooper: "Overwhelming Assault" will now be used correctly by the AI, instead of only when it would be able to defeat an enemy.
  • Jawa Engineer's "Recalibrate" now correctly fires at the specified ally targets.
  • The increased attack on the unique ability of Jedi Knight Anakin will now calculate correctly when he has additional attack buffs on him.
SHIPS
  • Sun Fac's Geonosian Starfighter: "Grudge" will now grant the correct amount of Turn Meter and Defense to itself when a buffed enemy starts their turn.
  • First Order TIE Fighter: "Relentless Pursuit" base tier will now grant the correct amount of Turn Meter.
  • TIE Reaper: "Grim Voyage" tier 1 upgrade will now remove the correct amount of Turn Meter from the Capital Ship.
  • Fixed a bug with Cassian's U-Wing that was granting too much dodge and crit avoidance to non-rebel allies
PVE
  • PvE Jedi Sentinel now correctly removes Turn Meter on target.
  • PvE Commando Droid Diplomat’s stealth will now expire when it is supposed to.
  • The PvE version of Sandtrooper is now correctly applying the intended DOTs in battle

What's Ahead
Content! the mysterious 'Upcoming Event Series' and news lay ahead in our upcoming Game Update.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111128/hotfix-update-5-17-2017#latest
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    inb4 zader "nerf"
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    sandtrooper confirmed? "The PvE version of Sandtrooper is now correctly applying the intended DOTs in battle"
  • what is the upcoming event? i need to know so bad
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Thank goodness, now Daka is finally arena viable again!

>:)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    sandtrooper confirmed? "The PvE version of Sandtrooper is now correctly applying the intended DOTs in battle"

Sandtrooper has always been a PvE enemy
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    Thank goodness, now Daka is finally arena viable again!

>:)

That new defense up meta is gonna totally destroy the arena
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    DatBoi wrote: »

but its specifically says the PvE version, who other kind of version can there be besides a playable one
    they might be working on adding him to the roaster soon.
  • Most will just see blah blah blah *** Zader TM nerf *** blah blah blah.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Thats what exactly it is blah blah blah
    For short...nothing
  • @CG_Kozispoon and no hints about the mysterious fulcrum transmission?!
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member

but its specifically says the PvE version, who other kind of version can there be besides a playable one

I doubt they'll cook him... but PvE means the LS/DS/Cantina battles.... not a playable character.
  • The new game mode is starting to feel like AAT. Two months of hinting at it, two months announcing it and two months delaying it.

So new game mode out in, ... you know when.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    The new game mode is starting to feel like AAT. Two months of hinting at it, two months announcing it and two months delaying it.

So new game mode out in, ... you know when.

I know i know i know....aaaaa...august!
    Right?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    @CG_Kozispoon and no hints about the mysterious fulcrum transmission?!

"If you broadcast it, they will come..."
    Some of the fans know what this is, I had to look it up. Join me in learning and guessing!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    It is very interesting that they specify the PVE version of Sandtrooper (what other version is there?) while the others they just say PVE character, but I'm almost definitely reading too much into this.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Thanks for the update notes @CG_Kozispoon - bug fixes are aways welcome! May the force be with you.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Muaddib wrote: »

I doubt they'll cook him... but PvE means the LS/DS/Cantina battles.... not a playable character.

:D
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member

but look at the other 2 PvE character fixes why didn't they say PvE jedi setinal version or PvE commando droid diplomat version? why is sandtrooper special to get the word version in the fix...
    also i know what PvE means, but the wording is interesting like when they teased the Veers update "The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass"
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member

but look at the other 2 PvE character fixes why didn't they say PvE jedi setinal version or PvE commando droid diplomat version? why is sandtrooper special to get the word version in the fix...
    also i know what PvE means, but the wording is interesting like when they teased the Veers update "The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass"

I hear you... so @CG_Kozispoon - Can you put this "version" language to bed for us?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Thanks for the update notes @CG_Kozispoon - bug fixes are aways welcome! May the force be with you.

5ak2fwvyps8t.gif
    I personally am always happy when we have the opportunity to go back and address things that need addressing, but I am definitely excited for next weeks update and the content we have in store for the community. :)
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member

I hear you... so @CG_Kozispoon - Can you put this "version" language to bed for us?

I will take no comment as confirmation B)
  • YES! Higher ranks for me!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    man the community is anxious for this new content, if it will alleviate the gear crunch. 118 full stun cuffs needed! (53 solo 52 for mk4 holo and 13 for mk9 blastek)
  • I got 750k when i used them half way through P4 tonight. It was like 30%
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    5ak2fwvyps8t.gif
    I personally am always happy when we have the opportunity to go back and address things that need addressing...

Any word on when the ships opponent bug screen will be fixed? If you click on your opponent's ships in ship arena, you see your ships instead of theirs.
  • As a Zader user I always felt a little dirty when I did Rancor solos, and I am glad this has been fixed. He is still usable in arena, AAT, and is IMO the best GW lead in the game. I finished my last GW with full health and protection on Zader, TFP, and Nihilus, while EP and Maul were at 75% protection.
  • Lol who's to say you can not still solo rancor?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Lol who's to say you can not still solo rancor?

Yep, Zader plus TFP, EP, Jyn and Rex can still do it.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • A very large portion of players who put zeta on Vader did it because of the bug/exploit that made him viable in the rancor raid. Dear development team since you fixed or rather got to the desired effect of his leadership we should get the zeta back, just like with the Barris zeta "fix".

And they all know, its a bug
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Lol who's to say you can not still solo rancor?

Yep, Zader plus TFP, EP, Jyn and Rex can still do it.

I'll say that zSid over Jyn will work as well