What was your favorite ever update?

Prev13
Georgemi6
1236 posts Member
Whaaaaat?! A thread that isn't about complaining? Naw but in all seriousness, what has been your favorite update launched since the games release? It can be about a faction pass, a new toon released, reworks, patches, bug fixes, etc. My personal favorite has been the ships update, cuz that was when boba was reworked and I actually enjoy ships. What are your favorites?

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Guilds Update. It had its share of issues that would eventually get worked out, but it forever changed the game for the better.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Honestly none of the stuff they have released is memorable. The last thing I remember that was a huge update was when the tank raid was released.
  • Mods. That first day and a half was the most fun I had playing this game
  • Sith. Because I already had a sith team. So that was exciting seeing my team become meta. It was fun for a while, until everyone else got sith too. Now I hate them.
  • I agree guilds update was really cool. I can't remember exactly what the update entailed when they nerfed the normal tank- but I remember there were other parts of it that I remember thinking were solid updates.
    Also QOL multi sim 4x all challenge gear in one place. All great things.
  • 4x speed increase
  • ships gave us some more to do
  • I agree guilds update was really cool. I can't remember exactly what the update entailed when they nerfed the normal tank- but I remember there were other parts of it that I remember thinking were solid updates.
    Also QOL multi sim 4x all challenge gear in one place. All great things.

• Hi. My name is Ty Gon Jinn.

I started playing when the game first came out. I was on the verge of quitting due to the "credit crunch." It was becoming more and more unbearable. Everytime I looked at an unleveled toon I would go into a state of depression. I didn't know where to turn.. I thought all hope was lost.

But suddenly! An update. The Credit Heist!

By far the greatest moment in the history of SWGOH.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Hi. My name is Ty Gon Jinn.

I started playing when the game first came out. I was on the verge of quitting due to the "credit crunch." It was becoming more and more unbearable. Everytime I looked at an unleveled toon I would go into a state of depression. I didn't know where to turn.. I thought all hope was lost.

But suddenly! An update. The Credit Heist!

By far the greatest moment in the history of SWGOH.

I can imagine lol
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Protection and Mods. I feel those changed the gameplay the most I still remember logging in and thinking what the heck are these, what happened to my game! But in the end I like how mods allowed specific character aspects to become much better.
  • R2 im a long time droid user....I had to use zmaul ....now I'm back to top 50 with r2...hopefully a zeta or droidikea can bring me back to top 10.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    kylorexx42 wrote: »
    R2 im a long time droid user....I had to use zmaul ....now I'm back to top 50 with r2...hopefully a zeta or droidikea can bring me back to top 10.

Yeah what I'm hoping for is that long awaited grievous rework. Hopefully then droids will be restored to their former glory.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    R2 was fantastic. 4x speed was great. Guilds were also game changing. :)
  • when they released EP. very versatile meta back then imo.
  • 4x speed and clone helmets
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    I loved ships, and I loved when they fixed mods. I was just about ready to quit the game.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    4x speed and clone helmets

Soon, my friend.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    Super mods

Was a crazy crazy few days
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    when they released EP. very versatile meta back then imo.

I honestly could use more of these. 7* toon that has the ability to change the meta. Make them tough to gear. We need these events at least once every 2 months.
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    I've played since the soft launch and the best for me was the original Yoda event, even though I only unlocked him at 5* the first time.

That event was hard and it was exciting to watch the forums in meltdown, some saying they did it first time and others saying it was an impossible RNG-fest. It felt like we were all in it together. When the event returned I had five 7* maxed jedi ready but it was still tough to beat unless you had the right team configuration and tactics.

Getting my 7* Yoda was probably the one thing that really felt like an achievement in this game. It was a pity that the event was nerfed the third time round. I really hope we get an event like this again, with a similar level of challenge and reward.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Chirpa
    Vallik wrote: »
    Super mods

Why does everyone like precraft. Sad! Not funny!
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Supercat wrote: »
    Chirpa
    Vallik wrote: »
    Super mods

Why does everyone like precraft. Sad! Not funny!

Was kinda fun seeing a tank with over 80k total hp
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I liked ships a lot. Great graphics, sound effects and the strategy of Capital ships.

Protection was fun as it added viability to a much larger variety of teams.

I don't want to talk about mods.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zader final Raid fix today. It brings me joy that all the whiners will come out of the woodworks making demands to EA. :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Zader final Raid fix today. It brings me joy that all the whiners will come out of the woodworks making demands to EA. :D

^^ this
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Zader final Raid fix today. It brings me joy that all the whiners will come out of the woodworks making demands to EA. :D

Lol. Yes, this please - I just want to see a list of all the people that use YouTube videos as the basis for in game money decisions. Lol.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Zader final Raid fix today. It brings me joy that all the whiners will come out of the woodworks making demands to EA. :D

Laughing at other people's pain makes you no better, if not worse.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    Ships!
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

Laughing at other people's pain makes you no better, if not worse.

Blasphemy! Judging is a terrible trait. Try laughter.

SnakesOnAPlane