Imperial Trooper Glory - Meta Comps Vanquished

2Next

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't want to convince anyone to do anything. I had seen a few negative posts about their not being viable. Johnny hit me up in Line and asked if I could share some videos w/ him. He was kind enuf to post them 4 me.

I just want ppl to know that they r an absolute blast to play, capable in raids as well and u aren't pigeon-holed into Rex or Maul leads if u wanna stay competitive.

They r a hard farm, not for everyone, granted. But I was a cloner in arena for 9 months. These guys r like clones on steroids...more synergy, more health, more damage, more tm gain, more utility.

They fit my playstyle.
  • How do they hold up on Def?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Wolf78
    10 posts Member
    It's ok! I never fall below 12 and gain rank 1 again very fast. Problem is that you can't deny GK because there is no cleanser among the troopers. Another problem is Chaze or Sith Trooper. You just (sometimes) don't get rid of auto taunt fast enough. DT can do this but DN soaks his speed and his cooldown. I really hope for tarkin
  • Regarding the commentary on Stormtrooper, I think a lot of the team's core foundation was built on Shore + Storm when the devs put the rework together. Stormtrooper shares defense with Troopers as a unique and on his taunt provides defense up - so stacking defense there on everyone from Storm. Now you look at crit hit immunity for 2 turns from Shore and that's some sizable damage reduction between the two taunts. As Aero pointed out also, the TM reduction on all enemies is vrey powerful. Just got my Storm at g10 today - looking forward to getting him and Shore g11 in the next few days.

I think to folks considering building them I'd state the following to take in to account:
    - This is not a primary / elite / best of the best arena defense team
    - This team is not easy to gear or farm - there's a bit of a passion project aspect to this
    - They are very fun to play - Veers with the big assist call, flipping taunts back and forth, and especially Snow when he can go commando machine gun aoe spam fire of death it's the best! Deathtrooper putting down the deathmark and watching tanks with a lot of health disappear instantly is so sweet!
    - Troopers will make solid raid teams across multiple HAAT phases - Aero has shown a strong P4 and notes considerable upside - I've seen early P2 attempts of 1.5 million+ and I think we will see them do well on p3 also, but will they ever be like clones though and break a phase? I wouldn't think so, but still very good in multiple phases gives options

If you have Clones built, I'd compare them to that group - controlling them you feel the synergy - it's a fun and satisfying gameplay style if you value that element. They are > clones for arena, but likely not quite as good in the HAAT raid - though I really feel they can put up a strong P3, which if that proves true, is incredibly value since that phase is tough to put up big scores outside of a few builds.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Great write up @JohnnySteelAlpha
    My one note is I have had issues using them in p3 because there is a hall immunity that gets tossed over fairly often and no cleanser, but they can still potentially put up good numbers there.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Aero how are you modding your Stormtrooper? do you go for survivability or damage?
  • Great great post. Kind of scary imaging an empire cleanser. Any videos for troopers in HAAT?

Arnaldt101 did video on it. They can do 1.5m damage in P2.
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    @Poxx I have fought your team several times over the years of being in the shard... always love your unique teams like mine... sadly mine currently is not doing as well as your trooper team is
  • Thanks for post. Validates the resources I've started putting into this squad.
  • Botcher
    49 posts Member
    @Poxx what mods are you running on your troopers?
  • Botcher
    49 posts Member
    @JohnnySteelAlpha what mods are you running on your troopers?
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    I will be posting my max trooper team set up shortly
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I recorded a bunch of Arena matches yesterday. All in the top 50 but some are top 20 and top 10.

https://youtu.be/c5ty-V9hpLo
  • Botcher
    49 posts Member
    @Poxx thanks a ton! I should be ready to go in a month or so!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »
    Shore giving out crit immunity and heals, plus his huge health pool is invaluable imo. If i had Storm instead, I feel SA under Maul, since it's special damage and skips armor, would have Storm dead in no time.

I would like to thank AhnaldT101, Warrior and MobileGamer as well. It was only after watching their videos that I decided I could make this work. Just had to put my own spin on it. Thx guyz.

Storm is very, very tanky. I have no trouble keeping him alive even vs SA under Maul. He's honestly my favorite trooper at the moment and I plan to get some good footage soon to showcase why, but watch the turn meter removal in the above video, particularly that first one I posted vs Sith.

Stormtrooper gains Defense for each empire ally. Not armor. Defense include both Armor and Resistance, so it will reduce the damage from Sith Assassins special. His armor is just higher than his Resistance so it won't do quite as much damage reduction as it would if it were a Physical damage attack.

As sith Assassin only deals physical damage with both her attacks I think/hope what @Poxx meant by this:
    Poxx wrote: »
    Shore giving out crit immunity and heals, plus his huge health pool is invaluable imo. If i had Storm instead, I feel SA under Maul, since it's special damage and skips armor, would have Storm dead in no time.

I would like to thank AhnaldT101, Warrior and MobileGamer as well. It was only after watching their videos that I decided I could make this work. Just had to put my own spin on it. Thx guyz.

Is that sith Assassin special attack ignores protection. Since again both her attacks deal physical damage and neither ignore armor (defense for physical damage)

I know when I first read it I got a little confused.