I Have a Vision..

RacerDejak
3203 posts Member
Talk about new mode.. We all know how ANH, ROTJ, and TFA end, yes? In order to attack something big there's always this ground away team to disable shield.

So my vision is:
- Send ground away team to disable base defend by troopers/droids/any armies (hope's not box crate).
- After ground mode complete, then new mode open: Air (space attack). It will attack something big like death star, or maybe starkiller base with fleet.

Kinda like new mode raid, yes?

Any thought? :smile:

Replies

• Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    I think its a great idea, but we kind of need a ship only raid first. And even before that we need more ships. I think right now its too difficult to ask for people to prepare a raid team with gear 11 and good mods AND a space team with gear 11 7* character AND 7* ship. We need more ways to get ship shards, and we need more ships. Maybe an extra capital ship or two as well.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Micaelis wrote: »
    I think its a great idea, but we kind of need a ship only raid first. And even before that we need more ships. I think right now its too difficult to ask for people to prepare a raid team with gear 11 and good mods AND a space team with gear 11 7* character AND 7* ship. We need more ways to get ship shards, and we need more ships. Maybe an extra capital ship or two as well.

Agree with u.. there's lot of things that can be better whith ship, shad, gear, etc. But if connect to star wars universe, only this scenario possible to involve both toons and ships.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    What do you have against box crates?
    Post edited by danflorian1984 on
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    What do you gave against box crates?

+1 they make events fun!
  • Kenobek
    12 posts Member
    I totally agree !
    We need some PvE ship battle ; capital ship challenges were some enjoyable fight !

box crates were hard as hell ^^
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited May 2017

This, yes?
    They're so op
    e7rJGiR.jpg
    Taken somewhere
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    What do you gave against box crates?

+1 they make events fun!

Fun and will be remember forever :smiley:
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Kenobek wrote: »
    I totally agree !
    We need some PvE ship battle ; capital ship challenges were some enjoyable fight !

box crates were hard as hell ^^

More stuff to do!! :smiley:
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

Totally OP... Box crate meta... zomgz.
  • Bhaalor wrote: »

They should be beatable , as long as you use Rex or Zaul as leader, and you really understand the mechanics of the game.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Talk about new mode.. We all know how ANH, ROTJ, and TFA end, yes? In order to attack something big there's always this ground away team to disable shield.

So my vision is:
    - Send ground away team to disable base defend by troopers/droids/any armies (hope's not box crate).
    - After ground mode complete, then new mode open: Air (space attack). It will attack something big like death star, or maybe starkiller base with fleet.

i like the idea. the recent addn of the ships are already a redundancy though if you ask me. but, if ea & the devs are able to put in something not entirely the same (only similar), then, i'm all for it.

:smile:
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I believe this is exactly what we will see. A raid that is ground based, possibly final stage being a ship battle. But since we can't even get capital ships to 7* yet, the ships will only require 6*. I understand the argument about needing access to more ships first, but I think making it one stage in a single raid helps with this. Not as many ships would be needed compared with a multi stage ship battle.
  • I think we need a ship raid, but they should not restrict access based on how many stars the ship has. Many people (myself included) have not leveled their ships past 5*. It would be really lame if you need 6* and 7* ships to participate in the raid. If it is locked like that, most players will not be able to participate at all, since the vast majority of players do not have any 7* ships. Maybe it could be restricted based on the star count of the pilot?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Bhaalor wrote: »

They should be beatable , as long as you use Rex or Zaul as leader, and you really understand the mechanics of the game.

Even the famous NCC 1701 J can't beat them!!
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »

So my vision is:

i like the idea. the recent addn of the ships are already a redundancy though if you ask me. but, if ea & the devs are able to put in something not entirely the same (only similar), then, i'm all for it.

:smile:

WE all for it.. would be fun, yes!? :smiley:
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    I believe this is exactly what we will see. A raid that is ground based, possibly final stage being a ship battle. But since we can't even get capital ships to 7* yet, the ships will only require 6*. I understand the argument about needing access to more ships first, but I think making it one stage in a single raid helps with this. Not as many ships would be needed compared with a multi stage ship battle.

Agree with that.. not much ships we have, capital ship still max at *6, some rare ship is so hard to farm them.. but the gameplay seems nice. :grimace:
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    I think we need a ship raid, but they should not restrict access based on how many stars the ship has. Many people (myself included) have not leveled their ships past 5*. It would be really lame if you need 6* and 7* ships to participate in the raid. If it is locked like that, most players will not be able to participate at all, since the vast majority of players do not have any 7* ships. Maybe it could be restricted based on the star count of the pilot?

I'm with u Bistan!!
    I'm only max my ships at *5.. just for the zeta challenge. If the vision become reality, let's hope there is no such star requirement.. everybody can play!! No.. no.. no.. don't put star requirement on pilot. Have u heard the legend about first order tie fighter pilot? :bawling:
  • Just wait till they give Box Crate a zeta. Watch out for the Zox!

But I do like the idea combining ground troops and ships. Only after we get more ships though.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member

So my vision is:

+1 mmmh no... +10 :)
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Just wait till they give Box Crate a zeta. Watch out for the Zox!

But I do like the idea combining ground troops and ships. Only after we get more ships though.

Zox is the new OP!! :lol:

There is talk/speculation/hint that (maybe) there will be PvE ship mode. Maybe form there will be new ships, or new location to farm ships (MAYBE). :joy:
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »

So my vision is:

+1 mmmh no... +10 :)

Amen for that!! :smiley:
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    I think we need a ship raid, but they should not restrict access based on how many stars the ship has. Many people (myself included) have not leveled their ships past 5*. It would be really lame if you need 6* and 7* ships to participate in the raid. If it is locked like that, most players will not be able to participate at all, since the vast majority of players do not have any 7* ships. Maybe it could be restricted based on the star count of the pilot?

Almost everyone in my shard has their ships at 7*. Unless your shard is newer than the ship release, I don't understand why anyone at this point wouldn't have at least 5 ships at 7*. I never did prioritize it either. In any effect, a 6* star raid would be useful and one of the rewards could be 7* capital ship shards. I definitely like the OPs idea; however, it's not necessarily a new one. There has been paragraph long threads on certain implementation of a Death Star/Endor space and ground mix raid/event. I believe one of the Devs even posted a gif on one, so the hope of something of this like is not too far fetched at all.
  • I like the idea of a multi tiered raid.

Phase 1... Scout Troopers and Storm Troopers on Endor
    Phase 2... AT-ST on Endor
    Phase 3... Endor shield Generator
    Phase 4... Ship attack on Death Star

Or

Phase 1... Hoth Probe Droid
    Phase 2... Wampa
    Phase 3... General Veers and Snow Troopers Ground Assault with Cannon
    Phase 4... Ship attack on AT-AT with introduction of Snow Speeder ship (or have Snow Speeder shards as reward)
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    These types of hybrid modes are terrible in Battlefront. (Battle station, infiltration) somehow I don't think they would be any less redundant here either. I'm not sure a story type mode is exactly a game changer. Some type of endless randomly generated mode would provide more replayability.