New "Arena" Idea for the Players with Zetas

This idea is not to replace the existing Arena. It is unlocked when you have 5 maxed zeta'd Toons.

If you have just 5, you're the noob; compared to another player who has say, 8. This hybrids Guild Raids, Arena, and GW.

(Note: I don't have a zeta, nor a maxed Toon)

Details:
-It's for the bored upper, upper tier players
-NOT to be included in the Daily Activities
-completely optional
-cycle time is the same as the player's Daily cycle, so your payout would line up with your Daily Login Prize, you'll have until the next payout to claim your prize (23 hours, 59 min)
-new leaderboard for bragging rights
-20 tries (round) a day (so you can play all in 1 hour, or spread it out over the whole day, or all in the final hour)
-0 SIM'ing
-0 time limit
-0 cost in cooldown time, thus no refresh required
-you can AUTO it, but it's probably best not to
-designed to be not possible to ever "win", you're supposed to "lose", but it's how many can you take down?
-so the table's name can be "Survival of the Zeta'ist"

Main Event:
-your team of 5 vs 10 random zeta AI generated Toons by the day. Obviously if a Toon doesn't have a zeta, he/she will not be on this list. This will grow as the game adds more zetas.
-everyone will know the 10 they'd be facing before combat, so you would be allowed to choose your 5 before going in
-meaning EVERY player faces the same random set of 10 today, a new set of 10 tomorrow, a new set the day after, etc
-the objective is 1 kill = 1 point
-a "kill" is defined as completely removed from the round you're playing
-any "self-revive" AI Toon needs to be killed twice (or more) to get the 1 point
-also meaning if there's a Reviver on the AI team, you're probably going to have to target him/her first

Prizes:
-Daily Prize- most kills, looks like the Guild Daily Activities Board. Except make it so that if 3 people are 3rd, the next person is NOT getting the 7th Place Prize.
-Monthly Prize - Leaderboard for the month, kinda like the Guild Leaderboard, it gets reset at the end of the month

I have no idea what the prizes should be, as I have no idea what you people up there would want/need. Input from you people and whatever the Devs feels is worthy.

Opinion(s)?
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

Replies

• You say this should replace arena but then there are no dailies, etc.? I assume you mean it is in addition to arena?

Also, basing something like this on how many zeta toons you have doesn't make sense. You could have a triple cleanse team with no zetas that can demolish a full zeta'd team. You are now trying to exclude very hard teams just because they have no zetas?

I can understand if something is unlocked when you hit a particular level, like lvl 85. You could even go a step further to say only G11/7* toons are allowed.
  • You say this should replace arena but then there are no dailies, etc.? I assume you mean it is in addition to arena?

Also, basing something like this on how many zeta toons you have doesn't make sense. You could have a triple cleanse team with no zetas that can demolish a full zeta'd team. You are now trying to exclude very hard teams just because they have no zetas?

I can understand if something is unlocked when you hit a particular level, like lvl 85. You could even go a step further to say only G11/7* toons are allowed.
    Huh? My first line says "This idea is not to replace the existing Arena."

It's something new added for the people who are that high up, and need the challenge.

I guess I didn't make it clear in my OP.

You unlock this table because you have 5 maxed out zetas.

The battles are basically you with your 5 (or any 5, if you have more than just 5) vs 10 maxed zetas controlled by the AI.

I'm assuming at the moment the game has more than 10 Toons that allow for zetas.

It's something new zeta maxed players can brag about without worrying about rank. They can brag about kills in a particular day or month.

Plus facing 10 virtually guarantees you're not going to win, no matter how fully upgraded your mods are.

It's the kills that count, not the wins.

• Huh? My first line says "This idea is not to replace the existing Arena."

Sorry I read that wrong.

I still think something else should only unlock at a level/gear rating, etc. Using zetas as a measurement makes no sense. You have a lot of really decent toons in the game that don't have zetas (Chaze/GK/etc.). I'm not sure why you want to exclude those from a new gamemode.

• Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I still think something else should only unlock at a level/gear rating, etc. Using zetas as a measurement makes no sense. You have a lot of really decent toons in the game that don't have zetas (Chaze/GK/etc.). I'm not sure why you want to exclude those from a new gamemode.

It's a threshold I chose to measure a "level" playing field for all Toons.

I'm sure as time goes on, older and newer Toons will get a zeta as part of a fix, buff, enchancement, or even full scale revamp, whatever.

When that happens, they get added to the list of possible enemies, and players can use them in my idea table.

It's similar to how certain tasks require a certain number of stars, or certain level number to be able to equip a certain gear, or certain abilities that require a certain gear level.

My idea was meant to allow characters that you can't add anything more to them to enter. With Level 85, 7 Stars, G11, and zeta...what else can you do, other than what you've already done a few thousand times to get your Toon there? At the moment, nothing.

This was meant to be a new playing field for those who have done it all, and a new challenge to do better than "the other person", rather than beat them in the current Arena. It's possible synergy may slightly hinder your squad as you're possibly facing 3 synergies in that random 10.