How does Galactic War pick your opponents?

13Next

Replies

• I think it's gotten to easy since the update.
  • Prestobay
    0 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Since the february update, glactic war has become nearly impossible to beat at about the fifth/sixth battle. Facing 7* maxed upgraded opponents who get five to six major strikes in before i get one. Over half team is decimated before one shot. Have tried multiple combinations of characters and positions. All very frustrating. Did enjoy the challenge of getting through before. Now no challenge, just defeat
  • You should still try to get as far as you can everyday for the rewards, even if you are unable to finish it.
  • Send in a group of cannon fodder, let them burn their cool downs, then send in the a-team to mop up.
  • After nearly 3months daily playing I've beat GW 5x its a frustrating grind lvl 69 fully geared takes out my lvl67 squad in the 7th battle with out Keycards & TD battles I'm stuck, seems hardly unfair but we have to keep trying and fighting
  • I am level 70 and got slaughtered yesterday in GW. Today I didn't get my first full 70 purple gear team until battle 6 (yesterday it was 3). I put a suicide squad in with each round before putting back in my a team. I ended up winning with just 1 of my team left standing. I got lucky because I didn't face many Dooku teams that got 1st shot and counters. It is definitely more difficult now and my hope is to be able to win once or twice a week to keep getting the extra mats.
  • I'll have about two challenging battles but otherwise am completing it every day. I found the battles to be overly easy prior to update. There is a strategy to the gameplay, some people are not good with strategy unfortunately. The new update also came out with a new way to retreat, so it made it fair in my opinion. Just try different combos or placements. For those two challenging matches I sometimes have to be okay losing one of my very good characters. I do find I am using significantly less cannon fodder now than previously, but cannot really complain. Overall I am able to win all rewards more consistently now since the retreat change.

The nerd rage on these forums is overwhelming, they're actually doing a pretty decent job with the game.
  • I’ve seen a lot of similar complaints, and sometimes I have days like this, but my opinion: GW is not meant to be easy. You’re not meant to win every day, or even the majority of days. It’s a great reward to win that final battle, and even the previous battles as well. There are days when I face teams that dominate me on every front - levels/gear/comp/stars - but there are days when my characters have literally taken no damage by like the 6th battle (after one Lumi heal). I think GW is meant to be easier when you’re lower level because it’s a nice farm/money/crystal boost for relatively new players, but once you’re more experienced, it gets a little more... grindy, and (in my opinion) that’s how it should be.
  • holist wrote: »
    but my opinion: GW is not meant to be easy

you must also realize that it's annoying to read this remark when one is already frustrated by GW.

people don't want necessarily for GW to be "easy" - they want it to be beatable and enjoyable in a strategic way, and I like that it forces us to be create with our roster composition.

Problem: it's all arena teams. Therefore there's hardly any diversity. There's usually one or two ways to beat the "meta" - but not so without any deaths and fully healed units and heals no longer on cooldowns. Therefore getting numerous meta teams in a row or uber speed damagers? No fun, no strategy, and frustration because GW is also the only good source of credits to level up units to 65+.

They could technically make some sort of "if you were matched with a FOTP/Leia/Phasma/QGJ/Geo team on a node, next nodes will NOT have these units in the set up". How about that?

I bet that won't be possible since this game and people's rosters still lack diversity.

Hence why I'd love to see AI-generated teams and fight units I've never fought before - which would also mean not facing what everyone has on 5+ nodes in a row (Sid Dooku etc we all know the chorus)

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Martianski
    193 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I can't really understand the logic behind GW scheme. Or maybe it's pure RNG opponents. Finished 2 of my last 4 GW's, and today i've met full lvl 70 team. I'm lvl 61. Can't pass through it.
  • Sometimes you'll win, and sometimes you won't. It's likely not supposed to be beaten every day. Get as far as you can, and try again tomorrow. What fun is something you win at every time?
  • Old_Tallen
    385 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    Sometimes you'll win, and sometimes you won't. It's likely not supposed to be beaten every day. Get as far as you can, and try again tomorrow. What fun is something you win at every time?

The rewards do support this assumption. Where else can you get over 1000 of any shard currency for free? Even rank 1 in arena with the daily only gets you 1100.
  • Evil_Plan_Z
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have 26 GW wins. Only one since last update. I am ranked in the Arena in the top 30 daily (Fudgy One), which I mention only to show I am a fairly keen player. I have plenty of great characters to choose from, but the Update that has changed the agorythym for GW opponents is now ridiculous. I have met a 7* team (all of them) in battle #3. Battle #6 an over have all been 7* teams with POWERFUL enemy teams (e.g. Leia, Dokoo, Sideous, Luminara, and Kylo Ren all at once).

Until next update, don't even hope to win, just do the best you can. Great suggestions in this forum, like sending in suicide squads to use up enemy abilities. Here is another very helpful suggestion: if you lose a character in battle, go up to the options menu and select retreat. Your lost characters will be revived and able to fight again. Characters are only lost now if one side loses and the battle is complete. This is a change from a previous edition where characters lost in battle were permanently gone. Another suggestion is, when using a suicide squad, focus all your effort into killing a character that really threatens your A-team (Don't go after Sidious though, because character deaths heal him and as your B-team is being killed your effort to kill him was in vein.)
  • Khaleesi
    19 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    At level 80, there are pretty much about 3 hard nodes for you where you are battling a team that is fully gear 10 and level 80. Only my A, B and C team are realistically capable, those low level toons with 5 units of max health will just die like ants before they even get to poke anybody. By the time I usually reach my last node with 3 opponents standing, they all have almost full protection, how am I to beat three of either ROYAL GUARD, REX, Stormtrooper HAN, EWOK ELDER, CT FIVES, or OLD BEN, QUI GON, DOOKU when I have used up my B and C team, in two earlier hard nodes, and my A team exhausted everything trying to beat two of either LEIA, QUI GONN, or REY. Shoot me.

EA wants to talk strategy (or money?), Reveal my opponents to the last node since the beginning. Thanks.
    Post edited by Khaleesi on
  • Nosnibor wrote: »
    Can I make it easier so I can get rewards, lol?

Hello friends i'm here to help you out. I am top 10 rank player in my arena shard and complete GW everyday, also I am a F2p (no money invested in the game).

And yes it gets easier the more you progress, it is tough too, however it is possible so don't quit make 2-3 really good squad keep subbing dead or low hp toons.

I'm my case at lvl 80, 7 stars, gear 10, maxed health mods, i only used 1-2 additional characters other than the original 5 to finish a whole GW with no healer what so ever. My original squad is Phasma (L), RG, STH, Rey, QGJ, and when QGJ is low i put in GS or IG-86.

So don't give up, believe in yourself and soon you will be able to do it. :smile:

May the force be with you.

• grassrox
    35 posts Member
    Nosnibor wrote: »
    So a few days have passed since I wrote this. The issue is getting worse. Everyday I go less and less farther in the war. I'm down to 3-4 matches won now. I'm doing everything I can each day but my characters aren't gaining the power they need. So..is this some weird bug or am I never going to complete this again?

If you're getting the **** kicked out of your squad...retreat & try again! Changing which character you attack & defeat 1st can be the difference between loosing a toon & finishing the opposing squad off with full health. When I 1st realized retreat was essentially unlimited do-overs it was a real game-changer.