Health and Protection Rework for IG-86 and IG-88

Yeah, I know some smart alec is going to say "get better health mods" but I would still love to see a rework for these two droids' base health and protection. I'm not asking anything monumental like tank health, but just something to make them reasonably less squishy. Perhaps higher base health and/or a good boost to 88's health steal. Just a thought.

Replies

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. That's the main problem with ig88, he's actually a balanced character that trades insane damage for no health. That doesn't fly in this game anymore, your either a broken design or your useless.
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Yep. That's the main problem with ig88, he's actually a balanced character that trades insane damage for no health. That doesn't fly in this game anymore, your either a broken design or your useless.

Yeah. 88 doesn't always die in the Credit Heist, but if someone does, he's always the first, and usually the only one to bite the dust.
  • Options

Yeah. 88 doesn't always die in the Credit Heist, but if someone does, he's always the first, and usually the only one to bite the dust.

Nute Gunray is my human sacrifice for the heist lol. The glass cannon method doesn't work anymore unfortunately since they decided to release two rogue one toons that won't be named that are a 5 man team by themselves
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Maybe HK-47 could get a zeta to help them out? reviving other droids too or something, I know it isn't that strong but it is nice when total health can only be lost in intervals
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Even in a full Bounty Hunter squad, it's usually between him and Greedo as first to go.

He's actually supposed to be much tougher than biologicals.

It would be cool if they gave hims lots of health and aarmor but low tenacity (susceptible to stuns).
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Never understood how something that is actually a tank can be a lot more squishy than human flesh
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    88 has good health steal already though, at 15% with his massive crit damage he can bump himself back to full health pretty easily, especially if enemies are debuffed. He's supposed to be a glass cannon and you have to protect him. I've got him at g11 with a primary protection mod, and he's got a reasonable 15k protection, 13.5k health for a high-powered attacker. Finishing off g11 gives him more health (+103 strength, +300 health).
    What gear level do you have him at? Makes a big difference. Can't comment on 86 because he's only g8 for me.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Maybe HK-47 could get a zeta to help them out? reviving other droids too or something, I know it isn't that strong but it is nice when total health can only be lost in intervals

I like it.
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

I like it.
    kalidor wrote: »
    88 has good health steal already though, at 15% with his massive crit damage he can bump himself back to full health pretty easily, especially if enemies are debuffed. He's supposed to be a glass cannon and you have to protect him. I've got him at g11 with a primary protection mod, and he's got a reasonable 15k protection, 13.5k health for a high-powered attacker. Finishing off g11 gives him more health (+103 strength, +300 health).
    What gear level do you have him at? Makes a big difference. Can't comment on 86 because he's only g8 for me.

I must confess he is only Gear 8, so it probably will help to gear him to 10 or 11. Just seems squishy compared to other toons at the same gear level, though. I've been prioritizing Sith and Empire lately as far as builds, and am starting on Resistance now. Maybe I'll make droids as a whole my next priority after Resistance since I do want to gear max my R2 next.
  • Options

Nute Gunray is my human sacrifice for the heist lol. The glass cannon method doesn't work anymore unfortunately since they decided to release two rogue one toons that won't be named that are a 5 man team by themselves

Why not call them Tom and Marvolo, I wonder how many people they had to kill to reach this power.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi IG bro's.. miss my triple shot?

Sincerely,
    Old friend Wiggs ;)
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options

I got to where I could auto the heists and then stopped gearing my scoundrels. Here I thought I was the only one who had to watch 88 die every time... :p
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know some smart alec is going to say "get better health mods" but I would still love to see a rework for these two droids' base health and protection. I'm not asking anything monumental like tank health, but just something to make them reasonably less squishy. Perhaps higher base health and/or a good boost to 88's health steal. Just a thought.

Boba lead. All potency mods wit potency secondaries.... HP problem solved

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Sincerely,
    Old friend Wiggs ;)

Why would you waste a triple shot on one of the IGs when a stray AOE could knock them over :lol:
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I must confess he is only Gear 8, so it probably will help to gear him to 10 or 11.

[...]

Maybe I'll make droids as a whole my next priority after Resistance since I do want to gear max my R2 next.

There you go. Two ways to increase his health. Gear level and R2's unique.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Ig88 is constantly OHK'ed by Vader and kylo. 40,000 damage is a bit much for a single attack.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Sincerely,
    Old friend Wiggs ;)

Why would you waste a triple shot on one of the IGs when a stray AOE could knock them over :lol:

Because i find satisfaction in doing that? Like shooting glass use shotgun in close range. flawless massacre? :(