How are people Darth Vadering?

Prev1
I don't know if there is a bug or people are really rich but I have seen several PVP matches where they had Darth Vader. I was reading a guide on here posted by EA and they said the only way to get him is completing all the achievements. So I'm guessing people have done all them already? That seems pretty crazy. Is it possible to get him from Chromium packs?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It's from buying packs. There are numerous achievements for unlocking N light side or dark side characters. After I got Sideous I finished the "unlock 10 dark side" achievement and got 2 Vader shards, and now it shows an "unlock 11 dark side" achievement waiting with 2 more. That must be how they are doing it.
    The real question is: once you get him, how do you upgrade him?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yeah, that's another question I have because eventually you will run out of characters to unlock. Unless he is insta 7* but I don't remember what he was from the people I saw with him.
  • You get the shards from most of the achievements, only the very easy don't reward you with Vader shards. I bought a few packs and filled out a big roster of both light and dark side which helped! The harder the challenge, the more shards. So when you get deeper into the game you'll get more Vader shards to upgrade once you've unlocked. Within a couple of weeks everyone will be running him. It's a pain since he is tanky, can hit hard, over time damage and can improve his turn meter! Squishy Dooku has met his match once he's in common use
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    he starts 4*. I am halfway to moving him to 5*. Getting him to 7* looks like it could take an extremely long time
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    This months daily log in rewards are also vadar shards so a few people may have him close to 5★ come January.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Are you kidding me? my monthly shards are TIE pilot... #meh
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Akaryn wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? my monthly shards are TIE pilot... #meh
    daily awards during the month. Not end of month all day award.
  • pretty sure the daily log ins give you the TIE pilot
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Keaven wrote: »
    This months daily log in rewards are also vadar shards so a few people may have him close to 5★ come January.

I thought so on December 1 myself but that's not Vader. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I haven't run into any Vaders. I personally can't wait to him but I've only got 40 shards.
    Post edited by HavokTrigger on
  • I'm so close to getting him only 10 away, just not sure how good he'll be.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    He has good synergy with Sid. His culling blade at Lv1 does 30% extra damage for every negative effect.

If you use sid and Vaders aoe, that's a potential 120% extra dmg. Crazy stuff.
  • The only way to get Vader shards is by completing the achievements in game. He doesn't drop from packs as far as I've heard. You need 80 to unlock him so he starts at 4*.

I'm currently only 15/65 shards towards 5* and I figure it will be slow since the achievements are now ridiculous things like "earn 100 million credits for 3 Darth Vader shards" or "complete 100 Galactic War campaigns" :'(
  • Slushie, that was what I figured sadly, at least I'm on a newer server and am only lvl 40 atm so I might be able to get some use out of him for a little while at least.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Keaven wrote: »

I thought so on December 1 myself but that's not Vader. :)
    oh yeah lmao.

Thanks for pointing that out.
  • In about a year I'll get him up to 5*.
  • still. old ben kill them all
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Vader is pretty good, but most of the time I don't even use his saber throw ability because it will wipe an ability block (or I do accidentally wipe a block and things get interesting). He is a tough guy though. Running Barriss, Vader, Obi-won, FOTP, and Luminara. Vader replaced Sidious who had just replaced Dooku (just got Sid and Vader this weekend). I don't find Dooku that great on offense. I tried Sid+Vader without Obi-won and it worked, but Obi is just too useful.
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
    --Nud Stark--
  • I just got him tonight.

Purely from achievements.

Judging by the requirements for the next round of achievements, I'll be able to promote him to 5* around about the time of the Episode 8 premiere.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    I just got him tonight.

Judging by the requirements for the next round of achievements, I'll be able to promote him to 5* around about the time of the Episode 8 premiere.

Good one my friend :) but i really think that his shards will be easy to find in the future, just my thoughts, so i am looking forward to see the upcoming changes
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    I just got him tonight.

Darth is one of the movie's premiere characters and to me, making him so hard to find is almost anti-Star Wars. What they should have done was to make the main characters easy to acquire and the rarer ones the specials....
  • I know people have pulled him from cards, as for me 27 more achievement shards to go :)
  • I have just unlocked mine :) Took me two months exactly.
    VjaUoWV.png

Now I'm too poor to level him up :(
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Congrats! I'm about 10 shards away now. The anticipation is crazy.
  • Vader is pretty good, but most of the time I don't even use his saber throw ability because it will wipe an ability block (or I do accidentally wipe a block and things get interesting). He is a tough guy though. Running Barriss, Vader, Obi-won, FOTP, and Luminara. Vader replaced Sidious who had just replaced Dooku (just got Sid and Vader this weekend). I don't find Dooku that great on offense. I tried Sid+Vader without Obi-won and it worked, but Obi is just too useful.

Have to time it when the neg effects are stacked - like after you use Obi Wan's mind tricks and Vader's DOT special...you can get 5-8k damage out of that hit pretty easy in round 2 with all that stacking. That move is top tier.
  • 59/80 here on Vader, looks like it will be a while to get the rest considering most achievements give only 2 shards average
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • I'm 9 away myself.
  • 7 to go for me, looks like leveling him up is going to suck unless they unlock nodes to farm him in.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Have to time it when the neg effects are stacked - like after you use Obi Wan's mind tricks and Vader's DOT special...you can get 5-8k damage out of that hit pretty easy in round 2 with all that stacking. That move is top tier.

I know how to time it, but with a 5 turn cooldown, the possibility of wiping an abilitylock, and the timing of those stacking as you describe, is not that useful. Now if it reset the cooldown on killing blow too...............
    --Nud Stark--
  • I have Vader at 5*, honestly i only use him for PvE , sure stacking his Culling Blade with Old ben's mind tricks + sid's aoe is nasty, but after that one big hit he's pretty useless until his cooldown's done, don't trust this game's AI to time his Culling blade correctly either when in Defense pvp.