Idea for an arena mode without mods

Shapelesscrabb
159 posts Member
edited May 2017
I would love a second arena ladder mode where character mods are disabled. Sort of a "basic" mode. Not to replace the standard arena in any way. Just a little extra. It would be a lot of fun I think
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Not really. Coin flips would decide matchup
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    How bout ajust arena where only thing you see befor entering is the leader of the party. Don't get to see what other 4 toons are and no viewing what mods and speeds their toons have.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Not really. Coin flips would decide matchup

This I think. There would be numerous identical teams facing off against each other.
  • I think it would be interesting. Tbh I don't even really check opponents speeds any more because I know everyone in the top 20 fairly intimately. But without boosts from mods and just relying on natural abilities would make for an arena where it would not be be a time consuming necessity to swap mods for team changes and would allow for a lot of squad variety I suspect.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Lugo wrote: »
    How bout ajust arena where only thing you see befor entering is the leader of the party. Don't get to see what other 4 toons are and no viewing what mods and speeds their toons have.

Why would anyone want this?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Lugo wrote: »

That is how it originally was. They changed it to the current format early in 2016. I don't think they will be rolling it back at any time in the near future.
  • I remember arena before mods. My top 50 all ran the same team at the same power (as raid gear was only just released) everyone was stuck on the same pieces.
    It was old Ben L (to counter droids) rey, lumi, RG and qui. Literally 20-30 of my top 50 ran that team. Talk about boring.
  • I would love a second arena ladder mode where character mods are disabled. Sort of a "basic" mode. Not to replace the standard arena in any way. Just a little extra. It would be a lot of fun I think

+1