ROTS questions...

When the Chancellor is explaining about Darth Plaguies, is he the apprentice in the story, and did he go on to influence the med. To create Annie? Shmi said there was no father etc.. So...?

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Thats the prevailing theory, but i have never seen any indication confirming either of those points.
  • CL_Chaos
    67 posts Member
    Options
    in the original script when Palps wants Ani to join the dark side he does bring it up and says "In a way I am your father" but they felt this wasn't a strong enough reason for ani to go dark.
  • Options
    Sidious could never manipulate medichlorians. Only plaguies could. And there is no actually theory that is confirmed either. There are a lot of really good videos on YouTube about this. Stupendeous Wave, star wars explained, star wars reading club, dash star, urban acolytes are ur best channels. Imo
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    In legends yes Palpatine is the apprentice, but to my knowledge has not been canonized yet. It's theory about plageus being Anikan dad but it makes some sense.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Options
    The theory is Plaguies manipulated medi-cholorians to create Anakin hence, is why Palaptine looked at Anakin when he said Plaguies the wise could create life. But as some brought out, it's not confirmed.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The theory is Plaguies manipulated medi-cholorians to create Anakin hence, is why Palaptine looked at Anakin when he said Plaguies the wise could create life. But as some brought out, it's not confirmed.

Also he smiles with glee when he talks about a murder he presumably had nothing to do with...this would lead anyone to believe he is looking back on the fond moments of triumph where he slayed his master and became the Sith Master.

That being said, there are theories that Plagueis faked his death and is now Snoke.

I personally hope this to be true for the following reasons:

* The Chosen One is a powerful prophecy where the force creates life - for this then to be done by a mere force user (eg. Palgueis) would take the "power and absolute will of the force" out of that prophecy, the prophecy just being a creation of the darkside, rather than the force itself. Therefore the force only used Plagueis as a vessel to be able to do so and therefore Plagueis never really had that power. Perhaps Plagueis saw that there was more power in the force rather than just dark...or light and chose to leave the sith order to gain more power and knowledge in the force.
    * This would also explain why Snoke is interested in Kylo - being trained in the darkside yet struggles with the light within (being essentially grey)
    * This would explain why Plagueis could have faked his own death ("He could save others from death...but not himself" - or could he? Palpatine goes on later in ROTS to say "To cheat death is a power only one has achieved" - so maybe between the initial conversation about Plagueis and Anakin's anointment to the Sith, Palpatine learned Plagueis is still alive) - Plagueis no longer being a sith would hold true that the sith are extinct as of ROTJ
    * This would also explain Palpatine's interest in Jakku Observatory base, purposed to scout new hyperspace routes into the unknown regions, looking for a dark power.
    * This may also explain why Jakku was introduced in TFA, with more to tell possibly in the upcoming movies.
    * This would also explain the similarity in music score used when Sidious speaks about Plagueis and when Snoke first appears on screen.
    * On a side note: I also think this would explain Snoke's existence much better - if he were a mere darkside force user as powerful as he is supposed to be, then Palpatine would have killed him. If Snoke is not Plagueis then I think this undermines and damages the character of Palpatine in the saga.

I think that with Star Wars Rebels (with the introduction of such characters like Bendu and the combination of Jedi and Sith Holocrons for ultimate knowledge etc), as well as what we can gather from TLJ trailer (Luke training Rey in dark and light as well as saying the "It's time for the Jedi to end" he is teaching Rey in the grey aspect of the force, just as Snoke is with Kylo - there is going to be huge focus on the grey aspect of the force in the upcoming movies.

I also hope with all this information - if it bears fruit, that the true creation of the Chosen One can be explained - especially if it turns out the Kylo and Rey are related under the Skywalker/Chosen One bloodline.

Certainly an interesting direction these upcoming movies can go in, that will also cover many existing plot holes.
    Post edited by Boo on
  • Options
    Tman wrote: »
    In legends yes Palpatine is the apprentice, but to my knowledge has not been canonized yet. It's theory about plageus being Anikan dad but it makes some sense.

Sidious being Plagueis's apprentice is canon.
    Boo wrote: »

Also he smiles with glee when he talks about a murder he presumably had nothing to do with...this would lead anyone to believe he is looking back on the fond moments of triumph where he slayed his master and became the Sith Master.

That being said, there are theories that Plagueis faked his death and is now Snoke.

* The Chosen One is a powerful prophecy where the force creates life - for this then to be done by a mere force user (eg. Palgueis) would take the "power and absolute will of the force" out of that prophecy, the prophecy just being a creation of the darkside, rather than the force itself. Therefore the force only used Plagueis as a vessel to be able to do so and therefore Plagueis never really had that power. Perhaps Plagueis saw that there was more power in the force rather than just dark...or light and chose to leave the sith order to gain more power and knowledge in the force.
    * This would also explain why Snoke is interested in Kylo - being trained in the darkside yet struggles with the light within (being essentially grey)
    * This would explain why Plagueis could have faked his own death ("He could save others from death...but not himself" - or could he? Palpatine goes on later in ROTS to say "To cheat death is a power only one has achieved" - so maybe between the initial conversation about Plagueis and Anakin's anointment to the Sith, Palpatine learned Plagueis is still alive) - Plagueis no longer being a sith would hold true that the sith are extinct as of ROTJ
    * This would also explain Palpatine's interest in Jakku Observatory base, purposed to scout new hyperspace routes into the unknown regions, looking for a dark power.
    * This may also explain why Jakku was introduced in TFA, with more to tell possibly in the upcoming movies.
    * This would also explain the similarity in music score used when Sidious speaks about Plagueis and when Snoke first appears on screen.
    * On a side note: I also think this would explain Snoke's existence much better - if he were a mere darkside force user as powerful as he is supposed to be, then Palpatine would have killed him. If Snoke is not Plagueis then I think this undermines and damages the character of Palpatine in the saga.

I think that with Star Wars Rebels (with the introduction of such characters like Bendu and the combination of Jedi and Sith Holocrons for ultimate knowledge etc), as well as what we can gather from TLJ trailer (Luke training Rey in dark and light as well as saying the "It's time for the Jedi to end" he is teaching Rey in the grey aspect of the force, just as Snoke is with Kylo - there is going to be huge focus on the grey aspect of the force in the upcoming movies.

I also hope with all this information - if it bears fruit, that the true creation of the Chosen One can be explained - especially if it turns out the Kylo and Rey are related under the Skywalker/Chosen One bloodline.

Certainly an interesting direction these upcoming movies can go in, that will also cover many existing plot holes.

Sorry but Pablo confirmed Plagueis is dead.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

How do you know?
  • Options
    Pleguies was mentioned in the canon Tarkington novel
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

How do you know?

What @SnokeTrooper said. It's in the canon Tarkin novel.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

How do you know?

What @SnokeTrooper said. It's in the canon Tarkin novel.

They should just make the Darth Plegius novel canon because it can still work.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Plagueis is dead...but became Snoke? It wouldn't be a lie, just a bend in the truth and no one not even Pablo, if it were true, be allowed to spoil the new movies revelations and plots.

If it is true and Plagueis is dead and not Snoke - then how does Disney explain away Snokes entire existence under the nose of Palpatine's rule of the Galactic Empire and Sith?

Snoke just popped up out of the ground like a cabbage patch kid? - I don't buy it and in my opinion it destroys the integrity of Palpatine as a villain in the first 6 movies and also destroys Snoke as a character going forward.
  • Options

Plagueis is dead...but became Snoke? It wouldn't be a lie, just a bend in the truth and no one not even Pablo, if it were true, be allowed to spoil the new movies revelations and plots.

If it is true and Plagueis is dead and not Snoke - then how does Disney explain away Snokes entire existence under the nose of Palpatine's rule of the Galactic Empire and Sith?

Snoke just popped up out of the ground like a cabbage patch kid? - I don't buy it and in my opinion it destroys the integrity of Palpatine as a villain in the first 6 movies and also destroys Snoke as a character going forward.

Perhaps you should read the novels then. Some stuff hints to Snoke's existence. For example, in the Thrawn novel, Thrawn alerts Palpatine that there is a major threat in the Unknown Regions. This threat could be Snoke because Palpatine senses that this has a dark presence surrounding it.

Regarding Pablo, once he confirms Plagueis is dead, he's dead. He's the head of what is canon or not.

Why can't Snoke just be a new character for some?