Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Diel wrote: »
    Two of my shardmates are running very different zVader teams and have no issue reaching #1 daily. Literally nobody cares about the perceived meta—just do what you gotta do and stop complaining.

In my shard 5 squads in the top 10 use Chaze, 9 in the Top 20. The complete Rogue One squad (at G8, L80, power rating 30-35k) easily competes with squads that use G10 L80-85 DS toons with power rating of 40k+.

Exactly. I, with my Imperial 46k+, all g10-11, 7 star, lvl 85 toons cannot destroy a 35k, lvl 83, 5stared Chirrut and Baze, gear 9-10 Chaze team.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • I have not a single Zader team in top 20. In top 10 I have 5 Rex leads, 2 Wedge leads, 1 Jyn lead, and 2 Zaul leads. Soon the 2 Zaul leads will dissapear because somehow this is CG, and some posters, definition of a healthy game.

I'll get you some pics in a few days. Most of the ones on my leaderboard hang in high 30s but they don't use Sith Assassin to get zVader's DoTs on out the gate. It works.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Will she get the jedi tag?

She quite clearly says to Vader in last episode of Rebels season 2 that she is not a jedi...so?
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

She quite clearly says to Vader in last episode of Rebels season 2 that she is not a jedi...so?

no she will not...she has not been a jedi since she walked away from the order in TCW
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    c3pe0n wrote: »

no she will not...she has not been a jedi since she walked away from the order in TCW

I would agree - but you never know with this game:

* Ventress - not sith tag or bounty hunter tag
    * Old Ben - no rebel tag
    * Savage - no separatist tag
    * Sidious - no separatist tag (yes he was a separatist as SIdious/Chancellor for Republic - hi level separatists took orders directly from sidious as seen in ROTS)

I also think that all rebel toons introduced to this game from Rogue 1, should get a Rogue One tag - similar to Phoenix - there are too many rebels in this game, so it would be nice to get them individualized per rebel group they belong.

Getting back to Ahsoka, I think: Rebel & Phoenix tags are required.
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member

* Ventress - not sith tag or bounty hunter tag (not a sith and the one we have is pre bounty hunter)
    * Old Ben - no rebel tag (was not a rebel)
    * Savage - no separatist tag (was never a separatist)
    * Sidious - no separatist tag (yes he was a separatist as SIdious/Chancellor for Republic - hi level separatists took orders directly from sidious as seen in ROTS) - Was not a seperatist just a conspirator that was in control of the situation

I also think that all rebel toons introduced to this game from Rogue 1, should get a Rogue One tag - similar to Phoenix - there are too many rebels in this game, so it would be nice to get them individualized per rebel group they belong.

I forgot from previous discussions with you that if someone works in any fashion with a group they automatically become part of that group.

Rebel yes, jedi no, phoenix no
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    So under an Hera lead she would share her unique with other Phoenix?
    I don't think so. :D

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    So under an Hera lead she would share her unique with other Phoenix?
    I don't think so. :D

I'm not thinking strategy to game - but what is the point of these faction tags in this game if the devs don't get it right? She worked with and served Phoenix we could split hairs and just say she gets a rebel tag, but that's right...another darn rebel in this game. So who cares?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

* Ventress - not sith tag or bounty hunter tag (not a sith and the one we have is pre bounty hunter)
    * Old Ben - no rebel tag (was not a rebel)
    * Savage - no separatist tag (was never a separatist)
    * Sidious - no separatist tag (yes he was a separatist as SIdious/Chancellor for Republic - hi level separatists took orders directly from sidious as seen in ROTS) - Was not a seperatist just a conspirator that was in control of the situation

I forgot from previous discussions with you that if someone works in any fashion with a group they automatically become part of that group.

Rebel yes, jedi no, phoenix no

* Ventress - there is a whole thread on this topic re: sith tag. In short - she was Dooku's apprentice set to overthrow Palpatine with Dooku to become the Ruling 2 Sith Lords of the Sith - Sidious had her eliminated before her power could grow anymore threatening. Dooku then replaced Ventress with Savage - giving him the same training in lightsaber combat and the darkside as he did Ventress. Ventress was a sith assassin and was not a Sith Lord so the Rule of 2 was never broken. PS - I agree with Bounty Hunter tag - perhaps a new version of Ventress is needed to bolster the Bounty Hunter faction in game?

* Old Ben - he was a Jedi primarily yes. But became a rebel when he chose to aid the rebels against the empire. The same logic follows as to why the Jedi in this game are also tagged with Republic - same logic.

* Savage - Was a separatist under the command of Count Dooku, even continuing where Ventress failed against the that Watto King dude. He then left the separatists when he defied the manipulations of both Dooku and Ventress, becoming only Sith as he searched for Maul as his teacher/master to rival the existing Rule of 2: Sidious & Dooku.

* Sidious - He orchestrated the entire separatist movement - while Dooku was the face of the separatists, he was only a mere puppet of Sidious. Nute Gunray, Grievous and many more separatist leaders took direct order from Sidious to further their cause. Palpatine as Sidious was a separatist. Palpatine as himself...Chancelor Palpatine was for the Republic/Empire.

* Fulcrum Ahsoka - Was an ex-jedi (no longer so no tag applies, especially as we have young Ahsoka in-game). She was a rebel agent tasked to helping and fought along side with Phoenix Squad. For a time she was a member of Phoenix squad - she really should get a rebel and phoenix tag on her.

I have gone through all toons in-game and agree with their current tags - but the ones above need to be corrected in my opinion as what I have stated above is true...so why pick and chose tags otherwise?
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Could someone please explain to me why people keep claiming that Ahsoka should have a Phoenix tag? My understanding is that she had absolutely nothing to do with Phoenix squad other than the fact that she happens to appear in the same animated series that they do and coincidentally fought alongside them in a couple of episodes. She was an enemy of the empire and a crucial component to instigating the rebellion. Phoenix Squad was a small cell of misfits trying to do whatever they could to disrupt the Empire's operations. There were many of these cells. Important figures such as Ahsoka and Senator Organa began trying to coordinate the efforts of these individual cells by relaying various missions or assignments down to them via coded messages. They would disguise their identities to keep the Empire off of their trail, and Fulcrum just happened to be the identity that Ahsoka used on many occasions. The coordinated efforts of these individual cells is what eventually evolved into the Rebel Alliance. Hera would occasionally receive coded instructions from the forming Rebel Alliance via Fulcrum (who was Ahsoka at the time), and that's about the extent of their relationship.
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Spyda wrote: »
    Could someone please explain to me why people keep claiming that Ahsoka should have a Phoenix tag? My understanding is that she had absolutely nothing to do with Phoenix squad other than the fact that she happens to appear in the same animated series that they do and coincidentally fought alongside them in a couple of episodes. She was an enemy of the empire and a crucial component to instigating the rebellion. Phoenix Squad was a small cell of misfits trying to do whatever they could to disrupt the Empire's operations. There were many of these cells. Important figures such as Ahsoka and Senator Organa began trying to coordinate the efforts of these individual cells by relaying various missions or assignments down to them via coded messages. They would disguise their identities to keep the Empire off of their trail, and Fulcrum just happened to be the identity that Ahsoka used on many occasions. The coordinated efforts of these individual cells is what eventually evolved into the Rebel Alliance. Hera would occasionally receive coded instructions from the forming Rebel Alliance via Fulcrum (who was Ahsoka at the time), and that's about the extent of their relationship.

This...this is exactly why she should NOT get the phoenix tag
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    @Boo
    * Old Ben - Old Ben was NOT a Rebel, and NEVER assisted the Rebels at any point. What he DID do was to help Luke to realize his potential and started him off on his path to becoming a Jedi. The fact that Luke would later go on to help the Rebels doesn't suddenly make Old Ben a Rebel.
    * Savage - Was never a separatist. During the short period that he served under Dooku (who was pretending to be one), he was merely doing the bidding of Asajj and the Night Sisters.
    * Sidious - Neither Sidious nor Dooku were Separatists. They needed to create a war in order for Palpatine to take power, so they created one. The poor dupes who WERE Separatists were taking orders from a leader (Dooku) who didn't care one whit about them, and ultimately intended for them to lose once Palp had finished lining up his Checkmate
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

This...this is exactly why she should NOT get the phoenix tag

Fair enough - to be honest I only saw those Rebels episodes once while distracted by other things, if what @Spyda says is true then I'll agree no need for a phoenix tag, but a rebel tag is of course a must...and there are already too many powerful toons of that faction in the game, in my humble opinion.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    @Boo
    * Old Ben - Old Ben was NOT a Rebel, and NEVER assisted the Rebels at any point. What he DID do was to help Luke to realize his potential and started him off on his path to becoming a Jedi. The fact that Luke would later go on to help the Rebels doesn't suddenly make Old Ben a Rebel.
    * Savage - Was never a separatist. During the short period that he served under Dooku (who was pretending to be one), he was merely doing the bidding of Asajj and the Night Sisters.
    * Sidious - Neither Sidious nor Dooku were Separatists. They needed to create a war in order for Palpatine to take power, so they created one. The poor dupes who WERE Separatists were taking orders from a leader (Dooku) who didn't care one whit about them, and ultimately intended for them to lose once Palp had finished lining up his Checkmate

ok ok ok... so now dooku shouldn't be a separatist, that's rich.
    I guess B2 shouldn't be a separatist either, he just did what he was programmed to do.
    I suppose all the geonosians aren't either, because they were just hired to make droids.

So basically what you're arguing, the most powerful Seperatist leaders/persons of interest should not be seperatists because of whogivesa****whatyousaid.

That, sir, is hilarious. Do you come on after Conan or something?

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    @Boo

* Old Ben - never would have got off his lazy but on Tatooine, if it not for receiving Leia's call to assist the rebel alliance, the fact he set out for Alderaan to assist the rebels changed his path and destiny from jedi hermit to jedi rebel. He also sacrificed himself to Vader so not only Luke could get away, but also so R2 and the hope of the rebellion could get away as well...therefore tag should read Jedi, Rebel.

* Savage - he was only a secret spy to the nightsisters under some hypnosis majic whenever Ventress touched his temple. For the most part he was eager, perhaps too eager to become Dooku's apprentice in service of the separatist faction. He also underwent missions in direct order of the separatist faction - he replaced Ventress, so if ventress is tagged speratist, then so should savage. Therefore his tag should read: Sith, separatist.

* Sidious - as stated he was a separatist with Dooku - the leaders thereof. It does not matter if they never believed in the cause and wanted it to fail in the end, the point is the created the separatist movement and nurtured it. Dooku was the head separatist so of course he has the tag, but he as well as other separatist leaders took direction from Sidious. Sidious never goes by his Darth title following ROTS, because if the republic lost the war he was still the leader of the separatist army and controlled the galaxy - it was a win win situation for him, no matter how the clone wars played out - so as sidious, he should be tagged: Sith, Separatist.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Actually I need to correct myself in regards to Count Dooku. I suppose I do support his Separatist tag since the characters name is Count Dooku rather than Darth Tyrannous. It stands to reason that since 'Count Dooku' was effectively an alternate identity used by Darth Tyrannous, that the character's tags should resemble the identity that he was trying to portray, in this case, that of a Separatist leader.

On the other hand 'Darth Tyrannous' when appearing in his true character, had absolutely nothing to do with the Separatists. He portrayed himself as Darth Tyrannous only when he was attending to Sith affairs and during those moments he wasn't affiliated with the Separatists any more then he was affiliated with the Galactic Republic. The same applies to Darth Sidious. Whenever he was acting in character it had little to do with Separatists or Republic.... All he cared about was power and he would employ any means of manipulation required to obtain it.

The Emperor Palpatine character rightly has the Empire tag because that was the identity that he used to control the Empire.
  • Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    an immediate release of the droidekas to compensate for his upcoming nerf !
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Do we know when the Tarkin rework goes live?
  • Well that was just a massive slap in the face to anyone running an Empire squad. Pathetic 'rework' of Tarkin that will see him used exactly as much as he is now. Oh, but look at that, Rebel squads get another character that sems ridiculous. Thanks for making up my mind for me on whether to spend any further money, much appreciated!
  • In fact it looks like Tarkin's been made worse if anything! He no longer inflicts speed down on rebels with intimidation tactics, instead he inflicts crit chance down...
  • YES! Another OP player release!
  • I always like to really look at basic abilities. +40% protection for 2 rounds + give to ally. Using characters that call assists will keep protection up on her and team.
    The health and protection gained during Phoenix squad turns, in addition to the protection up that a few of them can give to target allies have shown me how useful protection up can be. Btw - it is great in GW because if characters have protection up at end of battle it turns to normal protection (not to exceed 100%) for next fight. Also Yoda is able to give protection up to all if he has it when using his special.
    Protection up with basic attack would also make her more impressive if she gets retribution =p
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    I just would like to say that the podcast merchandising of Tarkin in this episode was the worse thing I ever experienced in this game comunity.

Tarkin is underwellming in any battles I did with him, but he was advertised as a Rebel destroyer. I was skeptical at first reading the abilities, but waited to see in practice. Talking to a friend, I thought he could actually be good if played properly on offense; and even being bad defensively, I was hoping for the best.

Then once he came out, I just realised how bad he is for arena, and after 6 matches, I feel very sad and disapointed.

And sorry for beeing repetitive but this has frustrated me in such a way that I have to put it out loud.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Spyda wrote: »

I agree she shouldn't get the phoenix, jedi tags but the least they could have done is give her a leadership ability that would work with jedi, phoenix factions the same way her younger self's leadership ability works with the nightsister faction just because she tagged along with Ventress.

In the cartoon series she acted like a leader and saved the phoenix squadron's members a$$es many times so why she doesn't have a leadership ability in game is beyond me...It doesn't have to be a meta changing leadership ability just something to synergies with phoenix squadron or jedis or why not all allies since her case is unique and she's sorta like a lonely wolf.

Also in the cartoon she disarms one of the inquisitors with her bare hands and i feel like they could have done something really cool with this idea in game. Maybe instead of protection up on her basic strike a 50% (100% if the target has debuffs) to increase the cooldown would have been more interesting.
  • Amer28
    13 posts Member
    What about her marquee event. Does it gives up to 330 shards or just 3*. Cause that is wrong on so many levels
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Aglardae wrote: »
    an immediate release of the droidekas to compensate for his upcoming nerf !

Absolutely and the B1 battle droid too

Roger, roger.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    I just would like to say that the podcast merchandising of Tarkin in this episode was the worse thing I ever experienced in this game comunity.

Tarkin is underwellming in any battles I did with him, but he was advertised as a Rebel destroyer. I was skeptical at first reading the abilities, but waited to see in practice. Talking to a friend, I thought he could actually be good if played properly on offense; and even being bad defensively, I was hoping for the best.

Then once he came out, I just realised how bad he is for arena, and after 6 matches, I feel very sad and disapointed.

And sorry for beeing repetitive but this has frustrated me in such a way that I have to put it out loud.

Agreed - CG should take his re-work back to the drawing board.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Does it say what toons we need for Ahsoka's event??

• Ronoaldo wrote: »

Well they needed to get some suckers with their Tarkin bundle. If they would have said we made a mediocre toon just like the rest of the reworks, nobody would buy him.
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    Does it say what toons we need for Ahsoka's event??

Is a lvl 20 event... I guess all toons to get a free 3* ashoka and then paywall