Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• No jedi tag for Ahsoka? That's disappointing but I don't watch the cartoon so I don't know if that fits.

Another rebel though. YAWN. Ahsoka, Chaze, GK and a Rex lead will be my GW node 12 for a while then.

Just call the game Galaxy of Rebels and be done with it.
  • Paarthysnax
    333 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    They were done releasing rebels. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

I hoped so. Apparently not. Great......
    How the hell happened that during the empire pass the best toons were the 2 rebels they added ? Did they just reached the conclussion that there weren't enough rebels in the game?
    This will be the last time I will actually belive anything CG will say.

Me neither. I hoped the Empire faction pass will be something great, after the Phoenix Squadron coming we might get Thrawn who will be great.... and then this. Nice...
    Honestly, I'm sad. I was really hoping it was going to be Kallus and Thrawn released at the same time with different methods. I just binged S3 of Rebels to get to know Thrawn in preparation. Still, Ahsoka sounds really cool, but I still really wanted Kallus. If you don't mind me, I'll go be in my sad corner wishing for Kallus and his awesome muttonchops.

I'm right there with you. I was hoping for Thrawn. I guess we'll just never get him... the only toons we need are apparently those who are already in the game in some form, and rebels. Nice...
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    What is Ahsokas new ingame name tho?

Bob

Well that makes sense :D
  • Striker wrote: »
    Tarking rework looks like previous reworks - will work little bit better, but still looks garbage. He can stack potency, gain through it bonus defence, and increased damage to ultimate. And nothing more. Defence down doesnt affect the battle significantly.

Defence down doesn't affect at all teams with multiple cleansers. And yes the rework is garbage. I can't figure out what CG has against Empire, or why they love their rebels so much, but it has became a joke.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Ahsoka is a cool character to get added to rebels, its characters like Pao, Scarif and Bistan that annoys me a little... Those are the ones we didn't need imo!
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I have no interest in another Ahsoka version.

Where is Luke? This is getting beyond a joke now guys
  • They are waiting to add Luke until there are 99 rebels. He will be no 100, the most OP of them all.
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »

Why so angry? I like her getting added. I think many are happy to see her.
  • Paarthysnax
    333 posts Member
    edited May 2017

I honestly don't care about Luke, but if I had to choose between Ahsoka and him, I'd definitely choose Luke. Ahsoka is only considered fan-fav because the fanboys made a community around her, just like they did with Sabine... I've always hated the character, especially in Clone Wars because she was unnecessary and annoying as hell... Now we are getting another character to boost GK and Chaze, the second rebel in EMPIRE PASS while getting a terrible Tarkin rework, and an Imperial Troopers faction which isn't that bad but is NOTHING compared to zMaul and Nihilus / ST / SA zDooku zSavage Sith rework. And as an Empire-lover I'm here like:

Please stop this rebel-faction nonsense, it is getting out of hand.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    OnJouney wrote: »

Cause it's been 17 months now and Luke is Star Wars. Not these non-entities they keep rolling out. I don't watch cartoons as I'm an adult - this rebels series of characters is of 0 interest to me (and probably many others)
  • So we were told two fan favourites would be coming in May and June.

R2 D2 in May was great.

But if a second Ashoka character is the June one then we are going to be disappointed. What about the long asked for jedi luke or grand admiral thrawn?

Just about any new, unique character like kallus or scoundrels from rebels would be better than a second version of the same person in my mind... Unless it is to rectify giving us the wrong chewie first time round lol. Seriously why aren't Han and Chewie flying the millennium falcon?

If this game is forgetting the original movies and promoting the cartoon series then I for one think that is the wrong direction to take.

Yes, give us the new characters from the new shows but don't forget where the whole thing started...

Just my opinion of course
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member

I honestly don't care about Luke, but if I had to choose between Ahsoka and him, I'd definitely choose Luke. Ahsoka is only considered fan-fav because the fanboys made a community around her, just like they did with Sabine... I've always hated the character, especially in Clone Wars because she was unnecessary and annoying as hell... Now we are getting another character to boost GK and Chaze, the second rebel in EMPIRE PASS while getting a terrible Tarkin rework, and an Imperial Troopers faction which isn't that bad but is NOTHING compared to zMaul and Nihilus / ST / SA zDooku zSavage Sith rework. And as an Empire-lover I'm here like:

But is this the second fan-fav? If she is released may 25th then its still before June.
    The second fan-fav was told to be added in June, but idk if this is what they meant as the second one.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

But is this the second fan-fav? If she is released may 25th then its still before June.
    The second fan-fav was told to be added in June, but idk if this is what they meant as the second one.

I honestly don't know, but I really hope you are right.
  • Such a great opportunity to release Thrawn (or even Kallus) since there they had an Empire Faction pass (not forgetting the Tarkin rework).... but nope, we get yet ANOTHER rebel. GGWP CG, was really hyped when i saw that Fulcrum logo(it even turned red as well). RIP
  • Such a great opportunity to release Thrawn (or even Kallus) since there they had an Empire Faction pass (not forgetting the Tarkin rework).... but nope, we get yet ANOTHER rebel. GGWP CG, was really hyped when i saw that Fulcrum logo(it even turned red as well). RIP

Exactly. The best way to hold an Empire Faction Pass is to release two rebels during it!! Understandable, isn't it?
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    I wonder how Ahsoka's perseverance will behave against zeta Vader's damage over time.
  • Han_Brolo81
    518 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    So let's get something straight. The "empire pass" actually meant release 2 rebels better than anything being done for the empire? Instead of Thrawn we get Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando who are utter garbage, the imperial trooper rework was okay but not great, a HORRIBLE rework for Tarkin that wouldn't make him viable if there were only 5 toons in the game, and 2 rebel toons that are insanely good (both of whom got never before seen move types)... What a complete slap to the face of anyone who enjoys the dark side because they aren't a 5 year old watching a poorly made cartoon. When can we get away from the "push rebels to drive sales" approach to character releases? I know I'm not speaking for myself when I feel like this "empire faction pass" was a let down. To put it into perspective how insulting/infuriating this is, this is the first thing in the history of this game that ever made me consider quitting and I've played since about a week or so after launch.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    What? Where are the release notes on Tarkin?
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »

same
  • Daemoe
    40 posts Member
    So, no Thrawn. Terrible news. But ehi, we have another OP rebel.
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    OnJouney wrote: »

Cause it's been 17 months now and Luke is Star Wars. Not these non-entities they keep rolling out. I don't watch cartoons as I'm an adult - this rebels series of characters is of 0 interest to me (and probably many others)

Well, at least it probably be a grand entry for him if he comes.
    I also am an adult, not actively watching it but it's interesting. And cartoons aren't always only for kids. Seeing some animes... :smiley:
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »

same

They were in a pod cast or something idk
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

same

Then please enlighten us and write them down.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member

same

Yes and thank you in advance
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Well that is no surprise rise of the empire my butt
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »

same

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111437/galactic-war-report-new-character-unveiled/p1

Someone already wrote them down here, top of the second page :)
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member

same

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111437/galactic-war-report-new-character-unveiled/p1

Someone already wrote them down here, top of the second page :)

thanks!
  • So let's get something straight. The "empire pass" actually meant release 2 rebels better than anything being done for the empire? Instead of Thrawn we get Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando who are utter garbage, the imperial trooper rework was okay but not great, a HORRIBLE rework for Tarkin that wouldn't make him viable if there were only 5 toons in the game, and 2 rebel toons that are insanely good (both of whom got never before seen move types)... What a complete slap to the face of anyone who enjoys the dark side because they aren't a 5 year old watching a poorly made cartoon. When can we get away from the "push rebels to drive sales" approach to character releases? I know I'm not speaking for myself when I feel like this "empire faction pass" was a let down. To put it into perspective how insulting/infuriating this is, this is the first thing in the history of this game that ever made me consider quitting and I've played since about a week or so after launch.

• This!