Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Well I'm excited. Ahsoka is the new toon with interesting abilities. Tarkin rework looks dubiously good. Bring it on.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Just to clarify, adult ahsoka also is NOT a fan favorite. None of the ahsokas are. Nobody from SW rebels is except thrawn and he is because of EU, not because of the show.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Heezyyyy wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Fulcrum Ahsoka, so maybe a Jedi pass in the pipe...

Fulcrum Ahsoka has Light Side, Rebel, Attacker tags

Oh good. Another Rebel. :(

C'mon CG, you had a chance. At least a dark side...anything would have been better than something that has Chaze synergy.

Horrible choice. So disappointing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • And how to get her ? Yoda/Palp style event ?
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    anonidude wrote: »
    Well I'm excited. Ahsoka is the new toon with interesting abilities. Tarkin rework looks dubiously good. Bring it on.

Tarkin rework is awful.

+30 speed and some defence down?

My zMaul team will still go first.

My Jedi might not got first, but have Foresight and boosted offence.

It's rubbish. Might help beat Chaze, but you can already do this under Zader or with Sith/Jedi/Resistance etc
  • So let's get something straight. The "empire pass" actually meant release 2 rebels better than anything being done for the empire? Instead of Thrawn we get Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando who are utter garbage, the imperial trooper rework was okay but not great, a HORRIBLE rework for Tarkin that wouldn't make him viable if there were only 5 toons in the game, and 2 rebel toons that are insanely good (both of whom got never before seen move types)... What a complete slap to the face of anyone who enjoys the dark side because they aren't a 5 year old watching a poorly made cartoon. When can we get away from the "push rebels to drive sales" approach to character releases? I know I'm not speaking for myself when I feel like this "empire faction pass" was a let down. To put it into perspective how insulting/infuriating this is, this is the first thing in the history of this game that ever made me consider quitting and I've played since about a week or so after launch.

Preach it!
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    It's time for the dark side to rise. But, somehow, for every dark side character brought out, about 13 light side ones spring put of nowhere.

So sad & sickening if you ask me.

:neutral:

This
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    So let's get something straight. The "empire pass" actually meant release 2 rebels better than anything being done for the empire? Instead of Thrawn we get Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando who are utter garbage, the imperial trooper rework was okay but not great, a HORRIBLE rework for Tarkin that wouldn't make him viable if there were only 5 toons in the game, and 2 rebel toons that are insanely good (both of whom got never before seen move types)... What a complete slap to the face of anyone who enjoys the dark side because they aren't a 5 year old watching a poorly made cartoon. When can we get away from the "push rebels to drive sales" approach to character releases? I know I'm not speaking for myself when I feel like this "empire faction pass" was a let down. To put it into perspective how insulting/infuriating this is, this is the first thing in the history of this game that ever made me consider quitting and I've played since about a week or so after launch.

+1
  • I don't understand why people complain about chirrut and baze so much. These characters are very strong but easy to counter. They exist in a majority of the high ranking teams, but everyone has access to them and they are viable at 3*. Zeta maul is a joke in my opinion, it can be strong and can contend with top 20 but it is pretty weak when you consider the amount of cleansers in the game that are Tier 1. The problem I have is with Rex being the only viable Leader in the game. If you run anything but Rex you are an outsider like the one guy on my shard who runs a Teebo team with elder, dn, pathfinder,bariss. His team is ok and fun, and he competes in the top 5 regularly, but mostly b/c out shard is very coordinated. Rex is THE go to leader. With the advent of DN- chirrut and baze don't seem like a threat to me anymore, I run DN and Fett and the aforementioned rebels get 1 shot by those 2. I don't really care what they release but we need new powerful leader abilities so the meta will see an actual shift. I thought it would be Krennic, but speed is still king and cleanse is a priority, so Rex just fits the bill too well.

Tarkin might be fun to toy with and find some way to break his unique with a ridiculous amount of defense/potency and make for some fun youtube highlights but it wont be competitive. The devs value things like offense/defense down, I don't mean they over value it i mean they value it at all.. which i guess is over valuing it but it just isn't the same as speed. Speed is on a completely different tier, so some elements of control exist but we have too many cleansers for debuffs to make an impact. DN comes close, but even then he's probably not WAI with his interaction with Tenacity up and that will make him less viable eventually. Until they change how stats work internally and make offense or defense etc. actually matter, then no ones going to care about new leaders that aren't at least as powerful as Rex which means they'll need Speed, Cleanse, universal synergy AND something like DN's way of interacting with enemy cooldowns or a new "Tenacity Down" kind of like TFP but something that can override Ten Up.. so.. game breaking stuff.
  • I actually don't even want to sort the characters in game by faction and look at how many more rebels there are than any other faction. I puked in my mouth thinking about it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I actually don't even want to sort the characters in game by faction and look at how many more rebels there are than any other faction. I puked in my mouth thinking about it.

This. Welcome to "Star Wars:Galaxy of Rebels" :s
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Well I'm excited. Ahsoka is the new toon with interesting abilities. Tarkin rework looks dubiously good. Bring it on.

Tarkin rework is awful.

It's rubbish. Might help beat Chaze, but you can already do this under Zader or with Sith/Jedi/Resistance etc

In your opinion....I like the changes and their potential . I also don't really see why a tarkin should be instantly be catapulted to the front of the line in order for the rework to be successful.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »

Tarkin rework is awful.

In your opinion....I like the changes and their potential . I also don't really see why a tarkin should be instantly be catapulted to the front of the line in order for the rework to be successful.

2 words - Boba Fett
  • Han_Brolo81
    518 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Reyalp wrote: »

Tarkin rework is awful.

Because 2 characters from the same faction have dominated the meta since they came out (I don't wanna hear that there are counters, that doesn't matter. The meta report speaks for itself, numbers don't lie). It's time for a change and until it happens these reworks are pointless. We need a new meta, not a new counter to the meta that can't defend itself or beat anything else.

Edit: I'm referring to Chaze but this doesn't need to become a nerf chaze thread. Keep that somewhere else
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I actually don't even want to sort the characters in game by faction and look at how many more rebels there are than any other faction. I puked in my mouth thinking about it.

This. Welcome to "Star Wars:Galaxy of Rebels" :s

The only thing that comes close is Galactic Republic but they haven't really gotten anything relating to the faction yet anyways. Unless it's in ships but who cares about that
  • What kind of event ?
  • Snips is def a fan favorite. Marquee event. Which scares me. If we re going by balance. Yoda- palp.
    R2- Thrawn ? Does that mean Phoenix to unlock that brilliant Chiss strategist? One of the many reasons I was hoping for thrawn now was to avoid this.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    she will have an special attack that can hit up to 11 times!!!!!!!!!! (up to 10 addition attacks based on unique buffs)

These go to 11

@Wilhelm44Scream why not give her ten hits and make the ten hits more powerful?
    she will have an special attack that can hit up to 11 times!!!!!!!!!! (up to 10 addition attacks based on unique buffs)

These go to 11

THAT is the right response. :)
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    I'm excited for the new Ashoka, I don't know why everyone else is complaining. Who cares if it's another rebel? It's not like the new rebels they release will have synergy with the other rebels. For example look at the Phoenix squadron, they have no synergy with baze, chirrut or wedge and Biggs.

These go to 11

Because then she'd require less setting up (one less buff) for the same damage output. More weaker attacks is better as it punishes players for not stacking as many unique buffs as possible

These go to 11

Because then she'd require less setting up (one less buff) for the same damage output. More weaker attacks is better as it punishes players for not stacking as many unique buffs as possible

The real issue is she shouldn't even exist since we already have an ahsoka, we already have enough rebels, and it's supposed to be an empire pass
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

These go to 11

The real issue is she shouldn't even exist since we already have an ahsoka, we already have enough rebels, and it's supposed to be an empire pass

this
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new Ashoka, I don't know why everyone else is complaining. Who cares if it's another rebel? It's not like the new rebels they release will have synergy with the other rebels. For example look at the Phoenix squadron, they have no synergy with baze, chirrut or wedge and Biggs.

3 Reasons

1) It does nothing to shift the meta...and it virtually guarantees that the meta will stay Chaze + 3.

2) They could have released a truly "new" character (Thrawn, Kallus, Revan, Jango, Padme, Mother T) but instead, we get a reworked Jedi who now doesn't have the Jedi tag.

3) It's lazy. A release of Jango, for example, likely would be accompanied by a bounty hunter faction pass. Thrawn, perhaps, a new capital ship or some ship reworks. Mother T, a Nightsister rework /pass. But instead it's just "throw another Rebel out".

I'm not angry, just disappointed. I hope the event coming up has had much more work put into it than this "new" character.

• Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

3 Reasons

1) It does nothing to shift the meta...and it virtually guarantees that the meta will stay Chaze + 3.

2) They could have released a truly "new" character (Thrawn, Kallus, Revan, Jango, Padme, Mother T) but instead, we get a reworked Jedi who now doesn't have the Jedi tag.

3) It's lazy. A release of Jango, for example, likely would be accompanied by a bounty hunter faction pass. Thrawn, perhaps, a new capital ship or some ship reworks. Mother T, a Nightsister rework /pass. But instead it's just "throw another Rebel out".

I'm not angry, just disappointed. I hope the event coming up has had much more work put into it than this "new" character.

Good points but she is not a Jedi which she has stated herself in season 2, so the tags make sense. Rebel, attacker, light side.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

3 Reasons

4) we were promised a "fan favorite" and got an older version of a hated character that appears in an even more hated spin off show that nobody above the age of 5 watches unless they have kids that age.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    At this point all the people complaining about baze and chirrut are worse than the people using that duo. I have faced them before and yes they are a good combo but their time will come to an end. Then something else will show up that's even stronger than baze and chirrut and the cycle continues all over again. Not every new character has to shape the meta either, it's nice to have different characters to use in other parts of the game.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member

totalkow wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Almost certainly a similar event to what CG has been doing for every new toon besides R2. Fight some easy battles, unlock at 3 stars then have an option to buy packs.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Really wish it had been a dark side character. Raid Han, Gk, R2, Yoda and now Ashoka vs palp as the only dark side marquee style char. Bring some balance to the force EA.

By marquee I'm including Raid Han and GK as they were long grinds and rewards for heroic raids. I'm fully aware they weren't marquee events but are that style of toon.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    slamaMC wrote: »
    totalkow wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Almost certainly a similar event to what CG has been doing for every new toon besides R2. Fight some easy battles, unlock at 3 stars then have an option to buy packs.

Yep. So Ahsoka will be right with the Phoenix squad....at 3*, level 1 and no gear at the bottom of most rosters. Lol.