Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Oh noooooooo another rebel again!?!?!?! :s

What are u doing CG!?!
  • Ahsoka is a fan fav. And a lot of people watched and enjoyed clone wars. Unless we ll get into the whole what is a fan fav debate or what to watch to make one a fan fav. I really enjoyed the imperial trooper update but I have to agree with @BradGoodyear - every empire toon, rework has been over shadowed by something else.
    Kren- sith faction
    Imperial trooper - r2
    Tarkin - new snips.
    Also I understand why Ahsoka is anti dot and not complaining about zader fix but - he's the achievement character why so much anti- Vader?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    slamaMC wrote: »
    totalkow wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Almost certainly a similar event to what CG has been doing for every new toon besides R2. Fight some easy battles, unlock at 3 stars then have an option to buy packs.

Yep. So Ahsoka will be right with the Phoenix squad....at 3*, level 1 and no gear at the bottom of most rosters. Lol.

You can add R2 in that list for me. I know that he has other uses in other formation but I refuse to farm, gear or level up any other rebel I will receive in the game including any future rebel Luke.
  • I just want to see the opinions on her and her ability that can let her ATTACK UP TO 11 TIMES
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new Ashoka, I don't know why everyone else is complaining. Who cares if it's another rebel? It's not like the new rebels they release will have synergy with the other rebels. For example look at the Phoenix squadron, they have no synergy with baze, chirrut or wedge and Biggs.

3 Reasons

1) It does nothing to shift the meta...and it virtually guarantees that the meta will stay Chaze + 3.

2) They could have released a truly "new" character (Thrawn, Kallus, Revan, Jango, Padme, Mother T) but instead, we get a reworked Jedi who now doesn't have the Jedi tag.

3) It's lazy. A release of Jango, for example, likely would be accompanied by a bounty hunter faction pass. Thrawn, perhaps, a new capital ship or some ship reworks. Mother T, a Nightsister rework /pass. But instead it's just "throw another Rebel out".

I'm not angry, just disappointed. I hope the event coming up has had much more work put into it than this "new" character.

4) we were promised a "fan favorite" and got an older version of a hated character that appears in an even more hated spin off show that nobody above the age of 5 watches unless they have kids that age.

WOW. Lmao. I was kind of 50/50 with all the comments I read, but this right here is the mentality of a hater that thinks he knows anything about Star Wars just by watching the movies. Let me tell you something.

You. Are. Wrong. I was also expecting it to be Thrawn, given the fact that the transmission tease was directly connected to him, but I was obviously proven wrong. Let's leave that aside. Saying that Ahsoka is a character that nobody likes, and only "5 years olds" watch the animated series is equally id io tic to saying that people hate Obi-Wan.
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    i love ashoka so i'm really excited about this. also we don't know how much damage that attack does, she could hit like barris (and 11 times barris = 1 rey)
  • White light sabers!!!
    I'm excited for the new Ashoka, I don't know why everyone else is complaining. Who cares if it's another rebel? It's not like the new rebels they release will have synergy with the other rebels. For example look at the Phoenix squadron, they have no synergy with baze, chirrut or wedge and Biggs.

3 Reasons

1) It does nothing to shift the meta...and it virtually guarantees that the meta will stay Chaze + 3.

2) They could have released a truly "new" character (Thrawn, Kallus, Revan, Jango, Padme, Mother T) but instead, we get a reworked Jedi who now doesn't have the Jedi tag.

3) It's lazy. A release of Jango, for example, likely would be accompanied by a bounty hunter faction pass. Thrawn, perhaps, a new capital ship or some ship reworks. Mother T, a Nightsister rework /pass. But instead it's just "throw another Rebel out".

I'm not angry, just disappointed. I hope the event coming up has had much more work put into it than this "new" character.

4) we were promised a "fan favorite" and got an older version of a hated character that appears in an even more hated spin off show that nobody above the age of 5 watches unless they have kids that age.

WOW. Lmao. I was kind of 50/50 with all the comments I read, but this right here is the mentality of a hater that thinks he knows anything about Star Wars just by watching the movies. Let me tell you something.

You. Are. Wrong. I was also expecting it to be Thrawn, given the fact that the transmission tease was directly connected to him, but I was obviously proven wrong. Let's leave that aside. Saying that Ahsoka is a character that nobody likes, and only "5 years olds" watch the animated series is equally id io tic to saying that people hate Obi-Wan.

The show fell flat for me and for a lot of other people. TCW was okay but not my favorite. However I enjoy a lot more Star Wars than just the movies, the old EU was fantastic. This show however just reeked of Disney puke. And I don't find the animation all that appealing. Just because Disney scrapped everything that wasn't theirs and made Rebels canon doesn't make it good or bearable. Everything they got rid of was 10x better than anything they've put out so far. And in the spirit of fairness I'd binge watch Rebels before I watch TFA again. Maybe. If my life was in jeopardy. And even then I may choose death.
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Wonder if counterattack will follow after each of those eleven hits... Like it does for doubletappers like Boba.
  • TheUncannyMrH
    55 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I see some common threads as I read through this, so imma speak to a few.

Her Event

They describe the event to unlock her as a "Marquee Event", which is the language they've used for new releases like the Sith, Pheonix Squadron, and Gar Saxon/ISC. They said they are unsure if she will follow the (now) standard release cadence. So we still don't know exactly when we'll see her.

"zomg more rebels?!"

I can totally relate on this...there are 28 Rebels. As NRAJ talks about on the show, though, it makes sense since the majority of named characters are Rebels. The main thrust of much of Star Wars, and certainly the original trilogy, was about a Rebellion. In game, though, it does get to be a bit much.

"no one likes ahsoka unless you are a diaper baby and she's stupid and thrawn is the best"

While I understand that Thrawn is very popular, I think perhaps you are underestimating Snips. While, yes, she was very annoying in CW Season 1, Ahsoka quickly grew on everyone and became one of the highlights of the show. Just because you loved the Thrawn Trilogy when it released 20 years ago, there has been a lot of Star Warsing since then.

"rebels is dumb. clone wars is dumb."

I will wholeheartedly disagree. Rebels gets a bit filler-y to me sometimes, but when it is good, it's great.

"but what about [Revan/Thrawn/Mandalore/etc.]"

Hey, until I get Darth Traya, everything will be a little disappointing to me.
  • Daemoe
    40 posts Member
    83PPHMQ.jpg
  • I'm curious what the event will be...what toons wil we need and what toons do we fight against to unlock her? The podcast doesn't really go into the specifics of that.

3 Reasons

The show fell flat for me and for a lot of other people. TCW was okay but not my favorite. However I enjoy a lot more Star Wars than just the movies, the old EU was fantastic. This show however just reeked of Disney puke. And I don't find the animation all that appealing. Just because Disney scrapped everything that wasn't theirs and made Rebels canon doesn't make it good or bearable. Everything they got rid of was 10x better than anything they've put out so far. And in the spirit of fairness I'd binge watch Rebels before I watch TFA again. Maybe. If my life was in jeopardy. And even then I may choose death.

The old EU has too many things that are a bit too much for Star Wars. Kind of like the Ones from TCW. People living for 100 000 years? Abeloth? Palpatine reviving 984129841 times? Luke going to the Dark Side? It's a bit too much. I do enjoy the Old Republic era, but the rest is just...

Also you didn't say anything about Rebels. You flat out said "Older version of a HATED character". This wrong on too many levels.
  • I see some common threads as I read through this, so imma speak to a few.

Her Event

They describe the event to unlock her as a "Marquee Event", which is the language they've used for new releases like the Sith, Pheonix Squadron, and Gar Saxon/ISC. They said they are unsure if she will follow the (now) standard release cadence. So we still don't know exactly when we'll see her.

"zomg more rebels?!"

I can totally relate on this...there are 28 Rebels. As NRAJ talks about on the show, though, it makes sense since the majority of named characters are Rebels. The main thrust of much of Star Wars, and certainly the original trilogy, was about a Rebellion. In game, though, it does get to be a bit much.

"no one likes ahsoka unless you are a diaper baby and she's **** and thrawn is the best"

While I understand that Thrawn is very popular, I think perhaps you are underestimating Snips. While, yes, she was very annoying in CW Season 1, Ahsoka quickly grew on everyone and became one of the highlights of the show. Just because you loved the Thrawn Trilogy when it released 20 years ago, there has been a lot of Star Warsing since then.

"rebels is dumb. clone wars is dumb."

I will wholeheartedly disagree. Rebels gets a bit filler-y to me sometimes, but when it is good, it's great.

"but what about [Revan/Thrawn/Mandalore/etc.]"

Hey, until I get Darth Traya, everything will be a little disappointing to me.

Lots of named characters that aren't Rebels out there. If they'd watch something that isn't SW Rebels they'd probably see that. An entire trilogy exists that takes place before the rebellion and with the addition of nihilus there's plenty of non canon to touch on.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Almost certainly a similar event to what CG has been doing for every new toon besides R2. Fight some easy battles, unlock at 3 stars then have an option to buy packs.

Yep. So Ahsoka will be right with the Phoenix squad....at 3*, level 1 and no gear at the bottom of most rosters. Lol.

You can add R2 in that list for me. I know that he has other uses in other formation but I refuse to farm, gear or level up any other rebel I will receive in the game including any future rebel Luke.

So you won't gear and use the toon you got because of your empire team?? :#

Anyways, yeah too many rebels. It has to stop now. Its not a great idea game wise to keep adding characters that counter the so called "faction pass" when they are not even done with it.
    Rebel Ahsoka is an awesome character, but in this game there are soooo many choices! She dosen't even have phoenix tag. If she had that she would have a better reason to be in the game.

Rebels own this game and its only because of the rogue one movie release (mostly) lol

They give us Gar Saxon and Imperial "droid" commando, when they could give us thrawn with actual good abilities instead..

:| Just please stoo those rebel scum now plz.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Oh noooooooo another rebel again!?!?!?! :s

What are u doing CG!?!

I was hoping the Reddit postwas from
    evoluza wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

How cares what you do?
    And thrawn is not a fan fav...
    Can't care less about something in an book..

This is the same silliness as "can't care less about something in a cartoon".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jarael wrote: »
    i love ashoka so i'm really excited about this. also we don't know how much damage that attack does, she could hit like barris (and 11 times barris = 1 rey)

good point but if it isnt barris damage and its like regular ashoka we could have a serious damage dealer
  • Xylo_Phona wrote: »
    I'm curious what the event will be...what toons wil we need and what toons do we fight against to unlock her? The podcast doesn't really go into the specifics of that.

Unlikely.
    jarael wrote: »
    smninja73 wrote: »
    I just want to see the opinions on her and her ability that can let her ATTACK UP TO 11 TIMES

You are not listening carefully. She consumes all buffs on her and for each one she attacks, BUT those buffs MUST be different. So if she consumes 7 HoTs, she will only have 1 bonus attack. She needs to consume Tenacity up, HoTs, Crit up, Offense up for 4 bonus attacks, If she has 1 more buff, it will give her 5 attacks and so on.
  • Another reason to put zVader in the trash bin for what it concerns arena.

Bye bye lil' vader
    I'm curious what the event will be...what toons wil we need and what toons do we fight against to unlock her? The podcast doesn't really go into the specifics of that.

They'll probably give us next to no notice like they did with R2. We could assume it will be Empire or Sith. But who knows. Could be open to all. And none of the other factions make sense.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Ashoka (the Rebel) is what we are getting?

aebd417db9630eea463f657bf382ceb3.jpg
  • Also!

Why doesn't she have the Pheonix Tag?

NRAJ discussed this around the 50 minute mark on the show. They tested it both ways, and found that even with the Pheonix tag, her kit didn't really fit with the team.

Also, in the show, while she does hang around with the Pheonix Squad, she isn't a part of it.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Anyways, yeah too many rebels. It has to stop now. Its not a great idea game wise to keep adding characters that counter the so called "faction pass" when they are not even done with it.
    Rebel Ahsoka is an awesome character, but in this game there are soooo many choices! She dosen't even have phoenix tag. If she had that she would have a better reason to be in the game.

Rebels own this game and its only because of the rogue one movie release (mostly) lol

They give us Gar Saxon and Imperial "droid" commando, when they could give us thrawn with actual good abilities instead..

I didn't said that I won't gear and use non empire toons, I said I won't use and gear Rebel toons.

They'll probably give us next to no notice like they did with R2. We could assume it will be Empire or Sith. But who knows. Could be open to all. And none of the other factions make sense.

For Yoda we need Jedi so it may not be the opposite faction but her own.

Separatists
  • Xylo_Phona
    167 posts Member
    edited May 2017

I was thinking that it since they made the announcement with the Fulcrum message thing from Rebels that maybe we have to use Phoenix Squadron...but very few people have those toons beyond 3 or 4 star. I got them all at 4 and never bothered much to gear them since I can't Star them up at all

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

I didn't said that I won't gear and use non empire toons, I said I won't use and gear Rebel toons.

R2 is a rebel :)
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Also!

Why doesn't she have the Pheonix Tag?

NRAJ discussed this around the 50 minute mark on the show. They tested it both ways, and found that even with the Pheonix tag, her kit didn't really fit with the team.

Also, in the show, while she does hang around with the Pheonix Squad, she isn't a part of it.

They should have given her some phoenix abilities when they made her then

Also this is just like Assajj not being sith - Its a game let them have som better use