Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Options
    If the argument for all the rebels is that most named characters are rebels that's a joke. There's a bounty hunter out there for every rebel and that's 10x more unique than wearing hideous pajamas and getting shot down by a TIE Fighter (more of a shot at Biggs than Ahsoka but you get the point)
  • Options
    We already have ahsoka ? Why do we need her twice.... :s

I would prefer the wicket
  • Options
    We already have ahsoka ? Why do we need her twice.... :s

I would prefer the wicket

I'd prefer a GNK droid. Tbh I'd prefer a stick from one of the trees on Endor if it meant never getting another rebel
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    slamaMC wrote: »
    totalkow wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Almost certainly a similar event to what CG has been doing for every new toon besides R2. Fight some easy battles, unlock at 3 stars then have an option to buy packs.

Yep. So Ahsoka will be right with the Phoenix squad....at 3*, level 1 and no gear at the bottom of most rosters. Lol.

You can add R2 in that list for me. I know that he has other uses in other formation but I refuse to farm, gear or level up any other rebel I will receive in the game including any future rebel Luke.

So you won't gear and use the toon you got because of your empire team?? :#

Anyways, yeah too many rebels. It has to stop now. Its not a great idea game wise to keep adding characters that counter the so called "faction pass" when they are not even done with it.
    Rebel Ahsoka is an awesome character, but in this game there are soooo many choices! She dosen't even have phoenix tag. If she had that she would have a better reason to be in the game.

Rebels own this game and its only because of the rogue one movie release (mostly) lol

They give us Gar Saxon and Imperial "droid" commando, when they could give us thrawn with actual good abilities instead..

:| Just please stoo those rebel scum now plz.

I didn't said that I won't gear and use non empire toons, I said I won't use and gear Rebel toons.

R2 is a rebel :)

And that is why he is still 5* l1 g1. I have the shards to make him 7*, and I know that I could use him in raids or with my budding resistance team I started builing for the LS battles. Still I just can't do it.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Daemoe wrote: »
    83PPHMQ.jpg

This.

So we get an Empire Pass...with TWO super powered Rebels to negate the pass. Nice. Totally worth it.

Not.

Yes, I just dropped a "not joke."

I like Ahsoka, but another version of her was not needed. Not in the slightest. So many other ACTUAL fan favorite characters need to be added to the game but you give us this?

SMH
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    DeepChu wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Hm. She sounds interesting, but I can't really think of a team she'd fit in. I guess chirrut or GK will work well with her unique. Other than that, how do you set up whirlwind properly?

Man, it will all depends on speed but Wedge (L) Fullcrum ashoka r2 Chaze would just be terrible.

Chirrut producing hots, ashoka copying them and using instakill special. Even rex lead would work here nicely with the tm gain on crit and his tm tenacity up cleanser. Even I would consider ackbar lead for speed and getting the second cleanser. Even kenobi lead for the same reasons plus his whole frikking kit.

Basically ashoka, rdz2, chaze -- insert your leader here --

For the first time in a long time, this IDEA of making chaze stronger, is making think it may be time to move on. According to the info on tarkin, he will bring NOTHING to help the empire compete. It's blows my mind how out of touch the dev team is with what is needed for balance in this game.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    CG probably have an algorithm that tells them what their most successful new releases are and it seem that it's hands down Rebels. They're not thinking much into the future of the game but it's their game so, what can we do?

As for Tarkin, I'm a bit sad. Early in the game I really liked him and tried to use him as much as possible but it became apparent that he wasn't up to snuff. With the new rework I'll use him for sure but I'm afraid I'll come to the same old conclusion.

Lots of disappointment from the game this week.
  • Options
    Fan favorite? Maybe with a small subset who watch the cartoon.

I hope they require 7* Phoenix to unlock her.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    83PPHMQ.jpg

This.

So we get an Empire Pass...with TWO super powered Rebels to negate the pass. Nice. Totally worth it.

Not.

I like Ahsoka, but another version of her was not needed. Not in the slightest. So many other ACTUAL fan favorite characters need to be added to the game but you give us this?

SMH

The empire pass wasn't negated by the 2 rebels, it would had been manure even without them.
    The 2 rebels, stronger than all the empire toons they released or reworked, is just the cherry on top, an insult for every empire fan in the game.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    CG probably have an algorithm that tells them what their most successful new releases are and it seem that it's hands down Rebels. They're not thinking much into the future of the game but it's their game so, what can we do?

As for Tarkin, I'm a bit sad. Early in the game I really liked him and tried to use him as much as possible but it became apparent that he wasn't up to snuff. With the new rework I'll use him for sure but I'm afraid I'll come to the same old conclusion.

Lots of disappointment from the game this week.

Agreed. I farmed him to near max gear, 85 and 7 hoping for a legit rework. This is better but it's no where near enough.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Me2_U3
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Will be any team as she is being released via marquee event no specific toons needed
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    So arena is now gonna be chaze plus ahsoka and r2 and empire is still useless vs them. Am I missing something?

Was really excited tarkin might allow empire toons back into arena but with snips and r2 it seems they are even worse vs rebels.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    83PPHMQ.jpg

This.

Not.

SMH

The empire pass wasn't negated by the 2 rebels, it would had been manure even without them.
    The 2 rebels, stronger than all the empire toons they released or reworked, is just the cherry on top, an insult for every empire fan in the game.

Not just Empire fans....to fans of any other faction other than Rebels. Or people who are just tired of Rebels being the favored ones /meta.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new Ashoka, I don't know why everyone else is complaining. Who cares if it's another rebel? It's not like the new rebels they release will have synergy with the other rebels. For example look at the Phoenix squadron, they have no synergy with baze, chirrut or wedge and Biggs.

Umm. Yes they do. Leader abilities, uniques, all synergy.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    So arena is now gonna be chaze plus ahsoka and r2 and empire is still useless vs them. Am I missing something?

Was really excited tarkin might allow empire toons back into arena but with snips and r2 it seems they are even worse vs rebels.

Ahsoka seems to lose health at every turn when she cleanse herself (14%) and she has to be buffed constantly to reheal. She will lose HP even if she has protection (at least as I understood the description). So, it's good for SA and Savage.
  • Options
    It's honestly not that it wasn't Thrawn. That's part of it for me personally, but overall it's 3 things.

One, they blatantly teased Thrawn with that image. This, coupled with the "imperial threat" being Gar Saxon (trash heap) and Imperial Super Commando (trash heap) is just getting insulting. For argument's sake this point can be set aside if you choose (I know not everyone wanted Thrawn) but I feel given the circumstances and over all expectations that THEIR WORDING created it's a very important point.

Two, they did another rebel. As much as I really wanted Thrawn I could've lived with Empire Kallus or even Empire/Rebel Kallus if they really felt the need. This was supposed to be the "empire pass" and all the empire got was a decent rework for the imperial troopers that this new rebel is probably going to dump on. Not only that she now wrecks Zader lead so there goes another empire comp out the window. So if we're being completely honest we didn't get an empire pass. We got another rebel pass. They just disguised it as empire pass so people would spend money on empire toons to unlock R2.

Three, it's Ahsoka. I get it she's drastically different as an adult but we already have TCW Ahsoka while plenty of characters we don't have a single version of are still out there (Jango, Padme, Thrawn to name a few. Although I guess we have 6 versions of Jango since we have 5 clones and boba xD). Players already generally agree that they want new actual content instead of new characters being spammed at us, and now the new characters are actually just rehashed characters that we as a community have mixed feelings (at best) about. And then have the nerve to call it a "fan favorite".

All in all, even setting aside Thrawn, this was slap in the face to the community except the small minority of players that truly wanted Ahsoka. But to that small minority I'd ask "Did you really want Ahsoka before absolutely anyone else? Even Jango or Jedi Luke?" Most likely not.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new Ashoka, I don't know why everyone else is complaining. Who cares if it's another rebel? It's not like the new rebels they release will have synergy with the other rebels. For example look at the Phoenix squadron, they have no synergy with baze, chirrut or wedge and Biggs.

Umm. Yes they do. Leader abilities, uniques, all synergy.

But still.. If they are rebel and suck or are only small to decent, there isn't any place for them to be used anyway.

Ashoka sounds great on paper but who would you kick out in a Rex, Chaze, GK, Nihilus team?

Her kit would have been more useful in the smaller factions tho.
  • Options
    Am I missing something? I thought they could only use characters from season 3 of rebels?
  • Options
    Gucci wrote: »
    So cliff notes of this....

1. Tarkin rework he's supposed to be a destroyer and eater of rebels

2. Secret fulcrum character is.........Fulcrum Asohka.. Not thrawn or kallus like all thought

About point 1. Since I am at work and couldn't listen, do they really have the nerve to claim that or was that just your impression?
  • Options
    DeepChu wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Hm. She sounds interesting, but I can't really think of a team she'd fit in. I guess chirrut or GK will work well with her unique. Other than that, how do you set up whirlwind properly?

Man, it will all depends on speed but Wedge (L) Fullcrum ashoka r2 Chaze would just be terrible.

Chirrut producing hots, ashoka copying them and using instakill special. Even rex lead would work here nicely with the tm gain on crit and his tm tenacity up cleanser. Even I would consider ackbar lead for speed and getting the second cleanser. Even kenobi lead for the same reasons plus his whole frikking kit.

Basically ashoka, rdz2, chaze -- insert your leader here --

A second cleanser? In that lineup of wedge Ashoka r2 chaze you have 2 cleansers in zeta r2 and CI, plus Ashoka cleaning herself.
  • Options

3 Reasons

1) It does nothing to shift the meta...and it virtually guarantees that the meta will stay Chaze + 3.

2) They could have released a truly "new" character (Thrawn, Kallus, Revan, Jango, Padme, Mother T) but instead, we get a reworked Jedi who now doesn't have the Jedi tag.

3) It's lazy. A release of Jango, for example, likely would be accompanied by a bounty hunter faction pass. Thrawn, perhaps, a new capital ship or some ship reworks. Mother T, a Nightsister rework /pass. But instead it's just "throw another Rebel out".

I'm not angry, just disappointed. I hope the event coming up has had much more work put into it than this "new" character.

4) we were promised a "fan favorite" and got an older version of a hated character that appears in an even more hated spin off show that nobody above the age of 5 watches unless they have kids that age.

WOW. Lmao. I was kind of 50/50 with all the comments I read, but this right here is the mentality of a hater that thinks he knows anything about Star Wars just by watching the movies. Let me tell you something.

You. Are. Wrong. I was also expecting it to be Thrawn, given the fact that the transmission tease was directly connected to him, but I was obviously proven wrong. Let's leave that aside. Saying that Ahsoka is a character that nobody likes, and only "5 years olds" watch the animated series is equally id io tic to saying that people hate Obi-Wan.

The show fell flat for me and for a lot of other people. TCW was okay but not my favorite. However I enjoy a lot more Star Wars than just the movies, the old EU was fantastic. This show however just reeked of Disney puke. And I don't find the animation all that appealing. Just because Disney scrapped everything that wasn't theirs and made Rebels canon doesn't make it good or bearable. Everything they got rid of was 10x better than anything they've put out so far. And in the spirit of fairness I'd binge watch Rebels before I watch TFA again. Maybe. If my life was in jeopardy. And even then I may choose death.

The old EU has too many things that are a bit too much for Star Wars. Kind of like the Ones from TCW. People living for 100 000 years? Abeloth? Palpatine reviving 984129841 times? Luke going to the Dark Side? It's a bit too much. I do enjoy the Old Republic era, but the rest is just...

Also you didn't say anything about Rebels. You flat out said "Older version of a HATED character". This wrong on too many levels.

Obviously you'd have to pick and choose in regards to the old EU and that gets tricky. And she is an older version of a hated character. Almost everyone hated TCW Ahsoka, this is an older version of her. Nothing was wrong about that on any level.
  • C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
    141 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    Guys, I know releasing and reworking characters from major factions (Rebel, Empire, Jedi, Sith) generate much hype and makes you more money.
    But please also pay attention to the minor ones that desperately need support & reworks (Nightsisters, Ewoks, Tuskens, Geo, etc.). Not asking them to be meta/OP,
    Please bring balance to the Galaxy!

Just.....No.

Seriously man with the speratists and general grievous being hung out to dry right now i dont think anyone cares about this.. especially with none of them being pilots either
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    It's honestly not that it wasn't Thrawn. That's part of it for me personally, but overall it's 3 things.

All in all, even setting aside Thrawn, this was slap in the face to the community except the small minority of players that truly wanted Ahsoka. But to that small minority I'd ask "Did you really want Ahsoka before absolutely anyone else? Even Jango or Jedi Luke?" Most likely not.

Snips is one of my all time favorite SW characters so I am verh happy she is being added. With that said, I am incredibly super disappointed it's another rebel to make chaze teams stronger and not an empire toon to help them compete in arena.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options

3 Reasons

1) It does nothing to shift the meta...and it virtually guarantees that the meta will stay Chaze + 3.

2) They could have released a truly "new" character (Thrawn, Kallus, Revan, Jango, Padme, Mother T) but instead, we get a reworked Jedi who now doesn't have the Jedi tag.

3) It's lazy. A release of Jango, for example, likely would be accompanied by a bounty hunter faction pass. Thrawn, perhaps, a new capital ship or some ship reworks. Mother T, a Nightsister rework /pass. But instead it's just "throw another Rebel out".

I'm not angry, just disappointed. I hope the event coming up has had much more work put into it than this "new" character.

4) we were promised a "fan favorite" and got an older version of a hated character that appears in an even more hated spin off show that nobody above the age of 5 watches unless they have kids that age.

WOW. Lmao. I was kind of 50/50 with all the comments I read, but this right here is the mentality of a hater that thinks he knows anything about Star Wars just by watching the movies. Let me tell you something.

You. Are. Wrong. I was also expecting it to be Thrawn, given the fact that the transmission tease was directly connected to him, but I was obviously proven wrong. Let's leave that aside. Saying that Ahsoka is a character that nobody likes, and only "5 years olds" watch the animated series is equally id io tic to saying that people hate Obi-Wan.

The show fell flat for me and for a lot of other people. TCW was okay but not my favorite. However I enjoy a lot more Star Wars than just the movies, the old EU was fantastic. This show however just reeked of Disney puke. And I don't find the animation all that appealing. Just because Disney scrapped everything that wasn't theirs and made Rebels canon doesn't make it good or bearable. Everything they got rid of was 10x better than anything they've put out so far. And in the spirit of fairness I'd binge watch Rebels before I watch TFA again. Maybe. If my life was in jeopardy. And even then I may choose death.

The old EU has too many things that are a bit too much for Star Wars. Kind of like the Ones from TCW. People living for 100 000 years? Abeloth? Palpatine reviving 984129841 times? Luke going to the Dark Side? It's a bit too much. I do enjoy the Old Republic era, but the rest is just...

Also you didn't say anything about Rebels. You flat out said "Older version of a HATED character". This wrong on too many levels.

Obviously you'd have to pick and choose in regards to the old EU and that gets tricky. And she is an older version of a hated character. Almost everyone hated TCW Ahsoka, this is an older version of her. Nothing was wrong about that on any level.

As @Nikoms565 said ahsoka is not hated,but u are not going to listen so im not going to bother
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    They were done releasing rebels. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

They make a valid point on the podcast. The majority of the SW universe is rebels. I've never really thought of it that way, but if you listen to the podcast, they talk about it.

Not a fan of the amount of Rebels in game though.
  • Options
    @Han_Brolo81 has some pent up Ahsoka anger...
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Oh noooooooo another rebel again!?!?!?! :s

What are u doing CG!?!

I was hoping the Reddit postwas from
    evoluza wrote: »
    slamaMC wrote: »
    totalkow wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Almost certainly a similar event to what CG has been doing for every new toon besides R2. Fight some easy battles, unlock at 3 stars then have an option to buy packs.

Yep. So Ahsoka will be right with the Phoenix squad....at 3*, level 1 and no gear at the bottom of most rosters. Lol.

You can add R2 in that list for me. I know that he has other uses in other formation but I refuse to farm, gear or level up any other rebel I will receive in the game including any future rebel Luke.

How cares what you do?
    And thrawn is not a fan fav...
    Can't care less about something in an book..

This is the same silliness as "can't care less about something in a cartoon".

This. Not everyone read book, not everyone watch cartoon show, bit everyone watch the movie. If you call something a fan fav it most be from the movie.

that is such an ignorant statement. only watching the movies means you are a part-timer fan. you dont gush over new things brought into canon. you dont wait watch youtube videos after youtube videos to break down trailers, shows, books ect. you like the movies and thats fine. but real diehard fans love the whole universe and cant get enough. it isnt your place to say what is and isnt a fan favorite. ahsoka and thrawn are easily 2 of the top 10 if not top 5 characters for most real fans.
  • Options
    @Han_Brolo81 has some pent up Ahsoka anger...

lol it's not even necessarily Ahsoka anger, the poor girl just happened to be the next rebel to release the pent up rebel anger xD
  • Paarthysnax
    333 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    They were done releasing rebels. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

They make a valid point on the podcast. The majority of the SW universe is rebels. I've never really thought of it that way, but if you listen to the podcast, they talk about it.

But if they say that, why didn't simply make a game that focuses on the Rebellion? Why make a game with all factions from Star Wars and then neglecting all of them except one? How does that make sense?
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    This was a bust of a character release. Not because the kit is awful or anything, but because it's another rebel, it doesn't deserve the build up it got, and the timing is bad