My 7* savage is useless in arena. Ea please stop making so many useless characters

Something seriously has to be done about this. Im sick of seeing the same 6-8 characters all of the time

Replies

• Savage is already getting a buff next update...
  • That's how this business is working. You have to spend your resources (invest real cash) to discover how useless/useful the character can be. And you have to do that again and again, just to drain your wallet as much as you can. You can also follow current meta but it will be shifted early or later for the same reason.
  • Savage is already getting a buff next update...
    Forreals?

• Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah try reading the february patch notes

Savage Oppress
    Savage was intended to be an extremely durable Attacker who could become a huge threat when he found the opportunity to finish off a low-Health enemy, but his less-than-stellar base damage and relatively unreliable Special ability made that difficult. This update should make Savage a much more threatening foe on both accounts.
    - Unique ability now also grants Offense Up for 1 turn when receiving damage.
    - Special ability now deals massive damage and can't be Evaded when used against enemies at 25% Health or less
  • Yeah try reading the february patch notes

Savage Oppress
    Savage was intended to be an extremely durable Attacker who could become a huge threat when he found the opportunity to finish off a low-Health enemy, but his less-than-stellar base damage and relatively unreliable Special ability made that difficult. This update should make Savage a much more threatening foe on both accounts.
    - Unique ability now also grants Offense Up for 1 turn when receiving damage.
    - Special ability now deals massive damage and can't be Evaded when used against enemies at 25% Health or less

Yea just read them sounds good
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Easux wrote: »
    Savage is already getting a buff next update...
    Forreals?

Yes. His especial will do "massive damage" and is going to be unavoidable when tsrget is 25% health or less.

About the OP: there is a difference between being bad in Arena, and being bad in the game, there is more than Arena in the game. Barris is not great in Arena but is one of the best ones in GW. Chewie is good in GW too. Daka is great in DS missions. I love how Teebo and Fives make tank challenge a joke ven with a small investment, so does URrorrRruh with the Opress challenge. Ashoka might not kill anyone in arena, but I'm happy to have her for Yoda's event. Not all chars have to be good in Arena.
  • I'm farming Opress now after I saw the update notes. If he can deal massive damage he will be a great choice for the arena
  • I'm farming Opress now after I saw the update notes. If he can deal massive damage he will be a great choice for the arena

Maybe. It depends on their terrible wording. I mean if it just does 'massive damage' to the toons under 25% it really isn't going to make a ton of difference since his current special can almost always finish off toons under 25%. Just the Bariss/Savages tanky toons of the world with enough of a HP pool to resist his current damage set when he pops off his special. He has more than enough to finish off the Sid/Lumi/Luke/IGs of the world at 25%.

If it does massive damage period and the only caveat is 25% health toons can't evade then that make a big difference.

Summary:

Awesome!

- Special ability now deals massive damage
    - Special ability can't be Evaded when used against enemies at 25% Health or less

Lessthanawesome.

- Special ability now deals massive damage when used against enemies at 25% Health or less
    - Special ability can't be Evaded when used against enemies at 25% Health or less

Poor grammar is poor.
  • All characters aren't necessarily meant for pvp. Some help more in GW and normal missions.

Discovering a characters abilities is never truly useless because there is always a team you can put them in to get the most out of their abilities

A strong AOE/Counter team should ensure you get a choice of low hp characters to finish with savage.

The problem (as the forum post explained) was that his damage output was far too low. You could pair him with poggle temporarily to give him his offense up boost he needs.
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    I'm farming Opress now after I saw the update notes. If he can deal massive damage he will be a great choice for the arena

Maybe. It depends on their terrible wording. I mean if it just does 'massive damage' to the toons under 25% it really isn't going to make a ton of difference since his current special can almost always finish off toons under 25%. Just the Bariss/Savages tanky toons of the world with enough of a HP pool to resist his current damage set when he pops off his special. He has more than enough to finish off the Sid/Lumi/Luke/IGs of the world at 25%.

If it does massive damage period and the only caveat is 25% health toons can't evade then that make a big difference.

Summary:

Awesome!

Lessthanawesome.

- Special ability now deals massive damage when used against enemies at 25% Health or less

Poor grammar is poor.

I don't think they are so cruel that they play the grammar game and make us fall for it. From the update notes, it seems that they genuinely want to make him a good attacker, plus they gave him offense up when he is hit. So I trust he will be able to do enough damage to be useful in the arena

• I don't think they are so cruel that they play the grammar game and make us fall for it. From the update notes, it seems that they genuinely want to make him a good attacker, plus they gave him offense up when he is hit. So I trust he will be able to do enough damage to be useful in the arena

In all seriousness what past history leads you to trust them?

They emphasize that his role is to clean up nearly dead toons. The rock/paper/scissors model they have used with other high damage AoE toons (Darth Maul, IG-88) is low health, slow, and high damage when meeting specific criteria (Jedi for Maul and dotted enemies for 88). It is unlikely that they would let Savage have similar 'massive' damage without any caveats particularly since he has a fairly large HP pool.

Since they emphasize his role of cleaning up I'm going to go with the expectation that his massive damage occurs when people are at 25%. And depending on massive damage that might mean he can clean up even Bariss when she's at 25%. Which is cool. But 'massive' is an eye-of-the-beholder adjective so maybe it's 5k crit versus the IG-88 7k crit.
  • Opi has been in my arena team and GW A team for a long time. I only recently bumped him to B team for GW. He's 25 shards from 7*, gear 8. I use him as my leader to add a big defense boost to squishy Sid and Dook and a small defense boost to Lumi and Fives. Mind you I only hover around the rank 100's, but more often then not Opi and Fives are the last men standing on really tough fights and have won me some real close ones.
    I don't think they are so cruel that they play the grammar game and make us fall for it. From the update notes, it seems that they genuinely want to make him a good attacker, plus they gave him offense up when he is hit. So I trust he will be able to do enough damage to be useful in the arena

In all seriousness what past history leads you to trust them?

They emphasize that his role is to clean up nearly dead toons. The rock/paper/scissors model they have used with other high damage AoE toons (Darth Maul, IG-88) is low health, slow, and high damage when meeting specific criteria (Jedi for Maul and dotted enemies for 88). It is unlikely that they would let Savage have similar 'massive' damage without any caveats particularly since he has a fairly large HP pool.

Since they emphasize his role of cleaning up I'm going to go with the expectation that his massive damage occurs when people are at 25%. And depending on massive damage that might mean he can clean up even Bariss when she's at 25%. Which is cool. But 'massive' is an eye-of-the-beholder adjective so maybe it's 5k crit versus the IG-88 7k crit.

For my own sake I hope you are wrong cause I just unlocked him lol

• Saying a 7* is completely useless? That's savage!
    I'm farming Opress now after I saw the update notes. If he can deal massive damage he will be a great choice for the arena

Summary:

Awesome!

Lessthanawesome.

Poor grammar is poor.

It Cleary is stated that the special ability deals massive damage even when the enemy is over 25%, it's just that it now can't be evaded uNader 25% leading to a finishing blow always
  • Use him today and let us know how it goes!
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Use him today and let us know how it goes!
    Yea still waiting on the update its 4pm est...
  • Obi3
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Spending money on any mobile game, with the exception of complete console remakes is a waste of money in my opinion. I play this game cause I like old JRPG turn based games and I love Star Wars. Ive managed to stay ranked 300-200 with Chewy,Fives,Jedi C, Talia, and Luminara. All 4 stars and geared level 6, missing that last piece of gear needed to reach epic or purple status. Only been playing for a little over a month and also have a mix of characters which are my suicide squad teams, of which I have 3 all of them level 44 and up. Playing these kind of games and spending money to obtain an objective instead of earning seems to defeat the purpose of playing.
  • Obi3 wrote: »
    Spending money on any mobile game, with the exception of complete console remakes is a waste of money in my opinion. I play this game cause I like old JRPG turn based games and I love Star Wars. Ive managed to stay ranked 300-200 with Chewy,Fives,Jedi C, Talia, and Luminara. All 4 stars and geared level 6, missing that last piece of gear needed to reach epic or purple status. Only been playing for a little over a month and also have a mix of characters which are my suicide squad teams, of which I have 3 all of them level 44 and up. Playing these kind of games and spending money to obtain an objective instead of earning seems to defeat the purpose of playing.

Exactly. Id just feel depressed spending hundreds and hundreds lol like whats the point youre not winning youre basically cheating your way to the top. Microtransaction games should be illegal, i would have rather paid 25$ for a completed version of this game
  • Seen a screen shot of oppress hitting for 99,999
    But the character on the receiving end has to be at 25% or less
  • Obi3
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey EA release an update that costs $1.99. Include the ships.and all other future upgrades I've heard about on these forums. Make it a complete and unimpeded game. You would make three fold these microtransanctions do. Plus create a fan base that would come back for more.