Who's up for a longer GW table?

Prev1
Deimos
326 posts Member
edited February 2016

Who's up for a longer GW table? 94 votes

No! It's already broken as is!
35%
HyperalloyDarthPurgatoryccfooSyth_HunterLargKelleinTowaniClintos_FreshmakerShiroFireWaterOppo_RancisisSiegfried_Dark1ThalosKiranoRedSixOmnirhyzeHawk7915WompyRatObi1_master1Kwynne4444xxgozitaxxPlasmaj 33 votes
Sure, I'm that awesome!
52%
QeltarNicks075rocknroll64TheRenegadeGenakumaKrisssImperialRebeldiangeloJaegerjeremyj26MerilonVarliemeanprideStarSonCaspertrickspuppyCaseykozakjanostjw_tjw14DarthNicoOrbitz1200 49 votes
I'm not sure...
12%
BongoItscaptainphasmaSweGuyLuke_Ren77KAULIHarfoushZylvarstarKibBeermoose_606Lukeandrew11620AnakinVader30Simsurf 12 votes

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    I am thinking about endless GW, but it probably wouldn't work at max level because the enemies are other players' teams. An alternative would be an endless GW-like table with AI teams, those can be leveled up infinitely...
  • Options
    I'd like a multi choice gw, such as for example, easy, normal and hard which gives bonuses to reflect the mode option.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    I'd like a multi choice gw, such as for example, easy, normal and hard which gives bonuses to reflect the mode option.

That would be redundant, finishing only a part of the "normal" mode equals finishing the whole "easy" mode, both in difficulty and reward.
  • Options
    I beat it every day, but this is a bad idea.
  • Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    Nauros wrote: »
    I am thinking about endless GW, but it probably wouldn't work at max level because the enemies are other players' teams. An alternative would be an endless GW-like table with AI teams, those can be leveled up infinitely...

I have been thinking of that myself too. In another post a user had suggested a Yoda table as the last one. A full Jedi team.
  • Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    Wazlinski wrote: »

That would be redundant, finishing only a part of the "normal" mode equals finishing the whole "easy" mode, both in difficulty and reward.

Excellent point. Simplicity is always best!
  • Options
    I have mix feeling... why would you want GW to be endless? and whats wrong with the current GW that you want to make it endless?
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    I have mix feeling... why would you want GW to be endless? and whats wrong with the current GW that you want to make it endless?

Endless rewards duh! :wink: Not gonna happen, though, since this will mean players don't need to buy crystals as much :neutral:
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!

As I already said, endless GW as it is probably wouldn't work. But the "problem" is that I, as well as many others, often just finish it without much effort. An endless table with gradually increasing difficulty would provide the ultimate challenge for everyone, making players really give everything they have.
    Also, this problem might be solved with the announced improvement to GW matchmaking.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Why does no have to include being broken? Loaded answers. My answer would be simply no.
  • Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    Zetto wrote: »

Endless rewards duh! :wink: Not gonna happen, though, since this will mean players don't need to buy crystals as much :neutral:

This is a valid point. At end game f2p would become more sufficient with an endless table.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    Deimos wrote: »

This is a valid point. At end game f2p would become more sufficient with an endless table.

Not really, because it would be endless only in theory, everyone would hit an unbeatable node sooner or later. And if its start was determined by player level (e. g. 5 levels under) and then proceed to infinity, the reward wouldn't depend on the level and it would also get rid of boring auto-playing on early nodes. And it would motivate players to have as many maxed characters as possible, therefore increasing sales.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure...
    It takes too much time already.
    I dont like having to play 1hour daily
  • Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!

Not really, because it would be endless only in theory, everyone would hit an unbeatable node sooner or later. And if its start was determined by player level (e. g. 5 levels under) and then proceed to infinity, the reward wouldn't depend on the level and it would also get rid of boring auto-playing on early nodes. And it would motivate players to have as many maxed characters as possible, therefore increasing sales.

Hey there Nauros! I like all your points. High five!

• Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    The restart should cost crystals. 100/200/400/800... The prizes are meh, it won't unbalance the game.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    fberbert wrote: »
    The restart should cost crystals. 100/200/400/800... The prizes are meh, it won't unbalance the game.

GW is the one reliable source of credits, the end game most sparse and needed commodity.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    fberbert wrote: »

GW is the one reliable source of credits, the end game most sparse and needed commodity.

Trueish. Credits can be obtained via direct purchase though, and you get a steady influx through daily GW runs. The most sparse and sought after currency is really tier 3 ability mats. There's no direct IAP for them and you can only really "grind" them at an abysmally low drop rate in cantina.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    This game needs more playable content that isn't gated by resource cost. An ongoing GW could be the thing! What about if after you finish GW for the day, you can replay it for no or diminished rewards against all the #1-5 arena teams across all of the arena brackets. Beating GW would essentially open up a training ground to allow for "practice" against the high end teams.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    This game needs more playable content that isn't gated by resource cost. An ongoing GW could be the thing! What about if after you finish GW for the day, you can replay it for no or diminished rewards against all the #1-5 arena teams across all of the arena brackets. Beating GW would essentially open up a training ground to allow for "practice" against the high end teams.

The problem with repeatable/endless GW arises when players hit the max level. It is fairly possible to hold your ground long-term agains teams at your power level, because the AI will never perform as well as human. Especially when you can retreat to avoid losses. That would give a tremendous advantage to those at the top. What you propose would work only if the reward was drastically reduced, maybe even to the point of completely removing tokens and crystals.
  • Options
    To the poster
    An endless table with gradually increasing difficulty would provide the ultimate challenge for everyone, making players really give everything they have.

The problem with this statement is that there are already players who give everything they have and find difficulty completing. I run through pretty much every character I have by the final node. I usually have to begin throwing my trash toons and mid-leveled toons to soak up initial abilities and die before bringing in my A or B teams.

I feel like I'm doing good to finish, but it requires far more time than I'd like it to for a mobile game....and despite whatever the Devs say, it really isn't any greater strategy to do throw trash for an initial trigger, and then endlessly retreat until you find that magic combination of characters and line-up that makes the RNG roll in your favor enough to survive.

So no...endless is an awful idea, at least in it's current state. Plenty of folks can't even finish it now. The people who somehow seem to roll through it with ease daily boggle my mind. I'm far from FTP and my characters aren't weak by any stretch, but I run into 7* geared teams by the mid point every day. To say that my walk is a challenge is pretty accurate, and I'd say reflective of the player base at large.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    What would make it a challenge would be to give a second try per day if you complete the first one, however this second time WITHOUT retreat buttons.
  • Options
    Now that is a solid idea. That, or diminished rewards such as cash, maybe mats only. Not as if other games don't allow it
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    To the poster
    An endless table with gradually increasing difficulty would provide the ultimate challenge for everyone, making players really give everything they have.

The problem with this statement is that there are already players who give everything they have and find difficulty completing. I run through pretty much every character I have by the final node. I usually have to begin throwing my trash toons and mid-leveled toons to soak up initial abilities and die before bringing in my A or B teams.

I feel like I'm doing good to finish, but it requires far more time than I'd like it to for a mobile game....and despite whatever the Devs say, it really isn't any greater strategy to do throw trash for an initial trigger, and then endlessly retreat until you find that magic combination of characters and line-up that makes the RNG roll in your favor enough to survive.

So no...endless is an awful idea, at least in it's current state. Plenty of folks can't even finish it now. The people who somehow seem to roll through it with ease daily boggle my mind. I'm far from FTP and my characters aren't weak by any stretch, but I run into 7* geared teams by the mid point every day. To say that my walk is a challenge is pretty accurate, and I'd say reflective of the player base at large.

I am more in favor of a new endless mode with purely AI opponents, rather than making GW itself endless, albeit from my experience the GW is a bit too easy.
    And I do admit that what I say here concerning GW might become pointless after the upcoming matchmaking update. That is supposed to even out the GW, making it equally difficult for everyone. So maybe everyone will get an experience similar to yours and there will be no need to make GW longer. Only time will tell...
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The problem with that is, they tend to lock their 2nd run behind a VIP spenders level, of which this game has none. It'd have to be a crystal refresh
  • Options
    That's true...time will tell I suppose!
  • Kib
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure...
    I think its current length is about right. If it is too long it will just feel like a chore that needs to get done each day.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I would like a table where you had to use all your chars, in a meanibgful way. But that is not possible. If you face high level teams, your lvl 40-60 devrloping squads are just cannon fodder. If you face lvl 40-60 squads, you get better results if you bring your lvl 70 7* dudes and just one-hit everything.
  • puppyCasey
    208 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    Anything to give me something to do,
    I am amazed that a game with about an hr worth of end game content per day is rank 13 on earnings in play store ... I suspect it will drop quickly when people like me who only like to play 1 game at a time switch to something which has end game content to keep me occupied for more than a couple hours at most

Also, i like galactic war and think its a lot of fun. I liked it more before they made it super easy mode, but i wont complain for gaurenteed 1200 gwtoken every day
  • Options
    All I want is to be able to not be forced to attack. I would like a skip button added.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sure, I'm that awesome!
    RAYRAY wrote: »

The problem with repeatable/endless GW arises when players hit the max level. It is fairly possible to hold your ground long-term agains teams at your power level, because the AI will never perform as well as human. Especially when you can retreat to avoid losses. That would give a tremendous advantage to those at the top. What you propose would work only if the reward was drastically reduced, maybe even to the point of completely removing tokens and crystals.

I stated "no or diminished rewards", we agree on that part. It would be nice to go to someplace to practice against strong teams. Even if the rewards are small or non existent.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV