Niche GW Heroes

Do you guys have any teams or heroes that you only use in GW? Noes the time to show us what ya got.

I personally bring in a lot more of my 5* bench and I'm working on a few specialized squads overtime.
1. Full Buffed AOE (poggle, Sid, 88, HK, Luminara/Poe.
2. Full droids - HK, 88, 86, GS, Poggle/Lumi
3. Turtle - Poe + Han, Finn, Lumi, resistance pilot
4. Anti-Poe - QGJ, lumina, leia, Dooku, GS

Just a few that M working in to diversify my GW runs. Kicks and giggles all the way. And no I dwas my car Nader these all viable teams and all heroes mentioned are 5* plus and won't see GW until at least level 60, maybe 65. I'm still finishing my core ten to 70 and have 4 to go.

Replies

• Options
    I love Ewok Elder for his revive ability. I like the idea of one day, when I can farm resources more efficiently, running a tanky taunt team with ewok elder (and maybe daka for good measure?) resurrecting
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Fives is pretty good at GW. Use him and Barris there
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I used to run Barriss, Lumi, Dooku, Daka and then either Sid or Asajj. I started putting GS in that 5th spot as an experiment and he's now become a "starter". Never thought I'd run a DPS character in GW but having one guy able to help knock out an annoying opponent early (usually enemy Sid) is very useful.
    I'm planning to experiment with a Barriss/Poe team in GW once I get my Poe geared up enough. Sounds weird but I think it could be effective.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    With the exception of several suicide squad members I think that Barriss is the only character I use in GW exclusively. I use 5's in a couple of the challenges because slowing the boss down usually means he doesn't get to go before he dies. I use FOTP and Chewie in the tanks challenge, but otherwise they're GW only.
  • Options
    I use JC and 5s almost exclusively in GW. Lumi for me is 7* now and so I use her in arena, and typically only trying to get in one heal there anyway. But JC shines in GW, and 5s is great for his high health and speed down ability.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I find I've started phasing Barris out mid run the last couple weeks. I start running into 7* fotp, Leia, QGJ, GS teams around node 5 or 6 now. When that happens there is absolutely zero room for her when it's absolutely imperative to kill those toons as fast as possible before they one shot 3+ of mine. Her minor passive heal and small health boost is irrelevant at that point. Not worth sacrificing damage for.

I've also been having the least amount of fun in GW too. Tough teams are fun to challenge when you are able to bring all your guns to bare too. But after 3-5 battle of back to back cookie cutter high DPS teams where you spend more time manipulating the seed to get favorable RNG, it gets old and boring/annoying. It has nothing to do with not finishing as I'm currently at 64 consecutive wins and everything to do with it being just not fun. Gimme some variety. Gimme a chance/reason to run fun groups.

Post edited by Telaan on