Light side 9a/b advice

CIKShock
48 posts Member
I'm looking for advice on the light side hard modes so I can start working on Baze/Krenic. Any advice on team comps that don't get stomped on wave 3 would be greatly appreciated! I'm thinking Jedi since I had them geared way back when for Yoda, but a priority to farm and advice on who to borrow would work too!

Profile is: https://swgoh.gg/u/cikshock/

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• I went through those nodes with my jedi recently. Zeta QGJ (L), Anakin, Tano, Yoda, Secura and an extra Ima. 9a ***, 9b*, 9c***, 9d* (only one try, not interested in Krennic)
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • CIKShock
    48 posts Member
    Would you say zQGJ was required? I've got mine pretty well geared, but I'm only now getting close to my first zeta, and I'm tempted to do Zader first.
  • I 3 starred a, b, and c with chirpa lead (165 SPD), ewok scout (174 speed), ewok elder (180spd) qui Gon (218 SPD), teebo (170spd) and a borrowed Rex. Everyone G11.

B is the hardest. You may not have any or all of these toons but you can still use the same basic strategy esp if you have higher speed toons.

1. The enemies don't have a lot of tenacity and can be TM controlled with about 50% potency.
    2. Rex will provide massive TM and also reduce it on the enemy. I had to revive him twice with elder but you can still 3 star if your borrowed toon is dead.
    3. If you have both retribution/counter attack and a leader ability that allows toons to gain TM on basics, you can do a lot of damage plus gain TM, and remove enemy TM
    4. Assists will then also provide TM, possibly removing TM as well.

You have 3 of the ewoks, Qui Gon and rex. Not sure if you can do it with G10 bears. I'll let you borrow my Chirpa if you want to try. Regardless I'd try bringing elder for the TM gain and revives (make sure his basic is omegaed)
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Here's what I used:
    Borrowed a Zeta Barriss
    Rex (L) Gear 11
    STH Gear 11
    Old Ben Gear 9
    Ewok Elder Gear 10
    R2D2 Gear 8
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    CIKShock wrote: »
    Would you say zQGJ was required? I've got mine pretty well geared, but I'm only now getting close to my first zeta, and I'm tempted to do Zader first.

I would suggest you to use Old Ben lead, a full Jedi team and borrow a zQGJ, the 2 leaders synergy is awesome : each automatic evade gives TM
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    I did it with:

Wedge (L) Gear 8
    Biggs Gear 8
    Jyn Erso Gear 8
    Chaze Gear 11 (Baze 3 star, Chirrut 5 star)

I borrowed a gear 11 Lando. Having Lando and Wedge lead is a monster. It took loads of attempts and is largely down to RNG. Assuming you have baze, Jyn is the x factor in this team as she stuns boba, then gives lando 100% TM. So a good lando can rattle off about 45k AOE before they take a turn if him and jyn and close to 100% TM at the start of the 3rd battle. She then revives baze if he takes some punishment from the ig86's. Obviously this plan requires very kind RNG and a bit of crafty strategy on your part.

If you had Jyn and Wiggs at something like gear 10 you'd 3 star it easily.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Rapid wrote: »
    I did it with:

Wedge (L) Gear 8
    Biggs Gear 8
    Jyn Erso Gear 8
    Chaze Gear 11 (Baze 3 star, Chirrut 5 star)

I borrowed a gear 11 Lando. Having Lando and Wedge lead is a monster. It took loads of attempts and is largely down to RNG. Assuming you have baze, Jyn is the x factor in this team as she stuns boba, then gives lando 100% TM. So a good lando can rattle off about 45k AOE before they take a turn if him and jyn and close to 100% TM at the start of the 3rd battle. She then revives baze if he takes some punishment from the ig86's. Obviously this plan requires very kind RNG and a bit of crafty strategy on your part.

If you had Jyn and Wiggs at something like gear 10 you'd 3 star it easily.

G8?! I'm surprised your Wedge, Biggs, and Jyn lived by the 3rd battle with all the AOE going out.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I know. It was a real achievement to get the job done with half my team at gear 8. And like I say needs very good RNG, including 3 aoe enemies in the first battle rather than 4. My chirrut at 250 speed is enough to strength of purpose the first enemy, which baze of course speeds down and wiggs finish off befoe he gets a go, so only 2 do aoe. with wedge lead everyone has healed by the time the second battle commences.

I think this is a good way to go because with less AOE in C & D, I 3 starred them on first attempt with this team.