Beef Cake Tarkin ?

Spyda
318 posts Member
First of all, what are we looking at realistically for Tarkins total Potency? His base right now is around 33% plus lets say around another 40-50% potentially with the right mods? So lets be optimistic here and say he starts at around 80%. Then lets say he opens with Intimidation Tactics and gains another 100% pot via debuffing the enemy (with offense down/crit chance down) and you gain pot up buff (is that 50% flat potency increase, or does that increase your potency by 50% of it's base, or possibly even 50% of it's current amount?) If you have him on a squad that allows him to counter or assist with enough frequency that he gains another 150%-250% during the first couple of rounds, then on his third turn he's got roughly around 430%. Now if we assume that 'Potency Up' adds 50% of your current potency to your total, then you'd be sitting around 645% pot by turn 3? Since he gets an equal amount of defense, just how beefy would that make him? Lets assume that, for whatever reason, the enemy team wasn't able to remove offense down. What kind of damage is Tarkin taking at this point? How much defense do you think would be needed to reduce the enemies damage by 85-95%?

Unless I'm mistaken, if you could draw out the battle, wouldn't Tarkin start to approach Super Beef Cake mode? Then at whatever point he's decided he's had enough, he blows up the entire planet. Sounds pretty good to me?

Of course you could ramble on about how this is never going to happen because of triple cleanse or what not, but that just seems like other people throwing his worst case scenarios at him. What should we realistically expect here?

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Grandma Tarkin
  • Lol @ beef cake. Magic Moff Tarkin!
  • Spyda wrote: »
    First of all, what are we looking at realistically for Tarkins total Potency? His base right now is around 33% plus lets say around another 40-50% potentially with the right mods? So lets be optimistic here and say he starts at around 80%. Then lets say he opens with Intimidation Tactics and gains another 100% pot via debuffing the enemy (with offense down/crit chance down) and you gain pot up buff (is that 50% flat potency increase, or does that increase your potency by 50% of it's base, or possibly even 50% of it's current amount?) If you have him on a squad that allows him to counter or assist with enough frequency that he gains another 150%-250% during the first couple of rounds, then on his third turn he's got roughly around 430%. Now if we assume that 'Potency Up' adds 50% of your current potency to your total, then you'd be sitting around 645% pot by turn 3? Since he gets an equal amount of defense, just how beefy would that make him? Lets assume that, for whatever reason, the enemy team wasn't able to remove offense down. What kind of damage is Tarkin taking at this point? How much defense do you think would be needed to reduce the enemies damage by 85-95%?

Unless I'm mistaken, if you could draw out the battle, wouldn't Tarkin start to approach Super Beef Cake mode? Then at whatever point he's decided he's had enough, he blows up the entire planet. Sounds pretty good to me?

Of course you could ramble on about how this is never going to happen because of triple cleanse or what not, but that just seems like other people throwing his worst case scenarios at him. What should we realistically expect here?

The problem is triple cleanse isn't worst case scenario, it's every case scenario. If you look at the meta report you can see that.
  • Triple cleanse sucks
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Spyda wrote: »

The problem is triple cleanse isn't worst case scenario, it's every case scenario. If you look at the meta report you can see that.

Yep - this. Unfortunately saying "he's great if we just don't versus triple cleanse" - but 80% of the top arena teams run triple cleanse, well....you see where this is going.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • What if you're fighting something other than empire/Zaul? What does triple cleanse do against anything else?

Nothing LMAO
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    I guess the point I was trying to make is that people are judging him based upon his ability to topple the current meta, and if unable to, automatically ruling him out as a bad toon. I don't feel like that's doing him much justice. Meta's change. (For example Maul is on his way out now) The current meta should not determine a characters value. Ignoring triple cleanse teams, which will very obviously be a problem for him, how will he fare verses other teams? How about raids or GW? Is it possible during a raid to get his defense up to 1000% or higher? What kind of damage mitigation are we looking at if that could be accomplished?
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    What's the point in being good on raids? There are already teams that solo entire phases of HAAT. Heroic Rancor is still solo-able. Who needs ANOTHER strong raid character? Maybe he's a godsend for the "new content". Or maybe he's just more Empire water trash.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I have strong faith that Tarkin is going to be a stud. Especially on offense. He may be in need of a nerf of his def stacks too high. He is going to have plus several hundred percent defense just about the whole match.

It makes him just beef cake enough to be annihilated by Darth nihilus
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Assuming that his base armor is not adjusted in order to balance him, his current base is 212. Even if you gave him 1000% bonus, the damage reduction will only go up to 2332/(2332+595) = 79.67%

And it doesn't help versus special damage. You'd need Resistance for that.

It makes him just beef cake enough to be annihilated by Darth nihilus
    I loled. Mainly because it's true.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I believe armor caps at 75%. Otherwise Cody with his +300% defence on a clone team under his own Zeta leadership would be invincible with defence mods.

And I think Tarkim will be a great support character in the HAAT with offense down, but I'm doubtful of his potential in arena. Poor AI control and the prevalence of cleansers being two big concerns.