Gem packs don't look so disappointing anymore after the update.

If the new Jedi themed event is going to be using all character groups the same way. The gem pack are staring to look like a quick way to get shards for all characters. If at some point I need to 7* everyone then this is the fastest way to get those shards. This is only true if the Jedi event continues with other characters. Otherwise, the packs are still disappointing.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Chromium has always been the quick way to do this. It's still going to cost $1000-$2000 to do it though. When they rotate new toons in they will be just as useless at 2-4* as the current ones are until they're also rotated out; and at that point it was a waste of money since the point of paying was to benefit from the advantage of using them sooner.
  • Options
    Sure. If you can afford a few grand for a phone app. Go for it!
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Chromium has always been the quick way to do this. It's still going to cost $1000-$2000 to do it though. When they rotate new toons in they will be just as useless at 2-4* as the current ones are until they're also rotated out; and at that point it was a waste of money since the point of paying was to benefit from the advantage of using them sooner.

Yeah but is was also disappointing to several shards of ewok scout or clone trooper etc... I'm just saying if you buy one 8x pack it's not all doom and gloom. Those 8 shards and characters hold some value now.
    Deimos wrote: »
    Sure. If you can afford a few grand for a phone app. Go for it!

I'm not talking about spending a grand. just buying one pack can mean the difference between someone getting that character to 5* for one of the events.

Do be such a negative Nancy, lol.
  • Options
    That's the whole Vegas idea mate :smile: Good luck!
  • Options
    Will be necessary to upgrade unwanted characters to trade extra shards? For example, I have 300 shards of Coruscant Police, but he is at 1 star yet.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    Will be necessary to upgrade unwanted characters to trade extra shards? For example, I have 300 shards of Coruscant Police, but he is at 1 star yet.

Yes, it must be at 7* to be eligible for shard shop.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Well, the free energy refreshes might allow f2p players to save up more for chromiums, of course depending on the amount refreshed. This ties in nicely with random pulls becoming more useful for events and shard shop.
  • Options
    When they add more characters, the possible draws will be more numerous so it will be harder to rank a character up this way.

I hate paying for RNG loot and don't do it as a rule, but at least in this game there aren't any trash draws. No matter what you get, that character can reach 7* eventually, so nothing is truly wasted.

Most games have common characters that can only reach a certain level, and the better ones are very rare. So this game is far more consumer-friendly than most.

I'm still not sure it isn't better to buy them at 50 crystals per shard in the shipments, though. So much more expensive, but so very, very helpful for characters without very many nodes to farm.
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Puglio wrote: »
    When they add more characters, the possible draws will be more numerous so it will be harder to rank a character up this way.

I hate paying for RNG loot and don't do it as a rule, but at least in this game there aren't any trash draws. No matter what you get, that character can reach 7* eventually, so nothing is truly wasted.

Most games have common characters that can only reach a certain level, and the better ones are very rare. So this game is far more consumer-friendly than most.

I'm still not sure it isn't better to buy them at 50 crystals per shard in the shipments, though. So much more expensive, but so very, very helpful for characters without very many nodes to farm.

I think the shipment shards are now good for when you just need those last 3 that just won't drop because of RNG and those last 3 shards will push you character to 5*. Now with this new event that could mean waiting weeks before you can try to unlock the character again.