HK or IG88

Which droid is best to level up as a HD attacker? 88 seems like building his kits take lots of mining of parts

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    88 is better on his own for use in high DPS Poe teams. HK is only really good as leader of droid team.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    88 is better on his own for use in high DPS Poe teams. HK is only really good as leader of droid team.

I've seen a handful of folks say HK is a decent toon for a variety of squad combinations, but I personally haven't used him as more than my leader for a droid team. 86/88 are both massive damage dealers, though I just boosted 88 enough that he's taken the lead by a bunch. His AoE does monster damage to the opposing team and once you get his +15% damage boost to his main ability he skyrockets. Still squishy, sad to say, but when Poe takes all the attention he decimates everyone still standing.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    HK is slow and doesn't offer the punch to be considered a real threat in the current meta by himself. Is he terrible? Of course not. He's decent. Just not tier 1 in arena. Where that changes is if you use him as a leader with a droid team. Throw in Poe and Poggle and that team will take you to rank 1.
  • Thanks .. So build an arena squad with Poggle, Genosian, HK, 88 and Poe should be deadly ..
  • question, I have IG88 at 6* and HK at 4*. Finish taking IG88 to 7 or get HK up to 5* first? I feel as though I get targeted a lot in arena for having a 4* leader (droid squad)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    HK shines in one respect: he can prevent a team that relies on healing from getting back into the game after the initial barrage. I run such a team and if Lumi can get her heal off I can sometimes actually come back to beat a Poe/Poggle/droid team. If she gets ability-blocked, I am toast.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • so continue to focus on IG88 to 7* first then?
  • goobstoob wrote: »
    so continue to focus on IG88 to 7* first then?

Not a horrible plan. I've definitely been baited in to attacking based on a lower-starred leader and gotten wiped.
  • HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe

So typical, but very effective. HK-47 can seal off any hero that evaded ability block from IG-88's AOE barrage.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe

So typical, but very effective. HK-47 can seal off any hero that evaded ability block from IG-88's AOE barrage.

you know, for as "typical" as everyone says this build is, I am currently the only one that uses this in top 100 in my server. is this crazy? or is it just a build that's talked about more than it's actually used because people don't want to commit to it? (IMO if you run this, it's fairly committing as starring up all the droids and poggle takes up all your resources)
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    goobstoob wrote: »
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe

you know, for as "typical" as everyone says this build is, I am currently the only one that uses this in top 100 in my server. is this crazy? or is it just a build that's talked about more than it's actually used because people don't want to commit to it? (IMO if you run this, it's fairly committing as starring up all the droids and poggle takes up all your resources)

I took a recount today and there are 4 top-100 Poggle/HK leaders in my top 100, two are top 50 including myself. I'm a few weeks behind launch, so I'm thinking that's where the line was. It's mentioned here up and down how many droid teams there are, but I never seem them, either.
  • I would choose HK first with an eye on adding 88, if your going to droid you need to droid big.
  • goobstoob wrote: »

It's a typical build in that it's well known and can work top-10 in most leaderboards. It is not the best current FTP because it's a little harder to farm (and less versatile) and it is far from the best P2W.

Still it's one of the 3 most commen viable FTP builds (Crit DPS team with Sid, Multi-attack stun with Phasma, Droid team with HK).

• Telaan wrote: »
    HK is slow and doesn't offer the punch to be considered a real threat in the current meta by himself. Is he terrible? Of course not. He's decent. Just not tier 1 in arena. Where that changes is if you use him as a leader with a droid team. Throw in Poe and Poggle and that team will take you to rank 1.

+1

I'm sure it's been said before, but I'll say it again. A monster PVP Droid tram looks like

HK Lead
    IG 88
    IG 86
    Poe
    Poggle
    HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe
    Yes, it's the typical droid squad. But if I want to put GS somewhere? He's a better attacker than anyone in this team.
    What's the best Droid-Geo team?
  • Mikymate wrote: »
    HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe
    Yes, it's the typical droid squad. But if I want to put GS somewhere? He's a better attacker than anyone in this team.

You need Poe. He's non negotiable. GS can replace 86, I would think. My wife is farming Poe and thinking of replacing Poggle with GS.
  • The team is not as common because it is not as good in gw. Ftp players need teams that cam work in both gw and arena. At least in the beginning.
  • Mikymate wrote: »
    HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe

You need Poe. He's non negotiable. GS can replace 86, I would think. My wife is farming Poe and thinking of replacing Poggle with GS.

Yes, I know with these settings Poe is essential. Talking with guys in another similar thread I've decided to try lineups switching Gs with Poggle, or make Poggle the leader and take out HK-47.
    Anyone else tried these two settings?
    HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe

Replace HK-47 with GS and you've got one heck of a team.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Mikymate wrote: »
    HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe

Poggle (L)
    Geo
    IG86
    iG88
    Poe
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Mikymate wrote: »
    HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Poe

Poggle (L)
    Geo
    IG86
    iG88
    Poe

+1