If you guys want my money, Release Thrawn

Prev1
Seems like we have to spell this out for you guys.

I Will pay good money from Grand Admiral Thrawn.

I will pay Zero money for irrelevant former jedi

Replies

• CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    And.... I would even do a crystal refresh for Thrawn.
    Now give me Darth Bane, and I'd pay good money for him.
  • CatoNines wrote: »
    And.... I would even do a crystal refresh for Thrawn.
    Now give me Darth Bane, and I'd pay good money for him.

Im not kidding a Yu Gi Oh game brought back a pack i liked and i dropped at least 200 to make sure i didnt miss out again.

And now i come here and see CG miss the Thrawn mark twice in 3 months
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    I'm sure they are losing sleep over not getting money from someone like grpeehole.

• Why is everyone so into Thrawn...? Content, not characters
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Oh god.. Another thread where some guppie won't shell out $20. I'm sure EA is very afraid.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Bane is pretty cool, but I think unless its somebody huge the community is gonna be disappointed with anyone but Thrawn...the hints seemed pretty specific...
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Broulan wrote: »
    Bane is pretty cool, but I think unless its somebody huge the community is gonna be disappointed with anyone but Thrawn...the hints seemed pretty specific...

Speak for yourself and a handful of others. Surprisingly (although not all that surprising to anyone who understands the concept of having an open mind) there is a vast majority of players who wouldn't mind any number of characters to be released, outside of Thrawn. Just because you see posts about a character, doesn't mean he is the only one people are excited to obtain. It's just what a select few keep posting and re-posting.

Many people want Thrawn. Many people also want the upcoming Ahsoka, Jedi Luke, Kallus, Jango, another Ewok, another Geonosian, a better separatist lead, and numerous others. It's a matter of opinion, of which very few want Thrawn first, in the grand scheme of things.
  • AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I'm sure they are losing sleep over not getting money from someone like grpeehole.

They may not be losing sleep.

But i Gaurentee i am not the only hardcore Thrawn fan
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Oh god.. Another thread where some guppie won't shell out $20. I'm sure EA is very afraid.

Multiplied by 20k players = half a mil. So many people will spend for a good character like Thrawn or Jedi Luke.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Multiplied by 20k players = half a mil. So many people will spend for a good character like Thrawn or Jedi Luke.

Really? 20 thousand players will stop paying cash until they release these characters? You should start a petition hahahahahahahah.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    I would do crystal mèth for Thrawn

Oh dear.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I am sure they will release him as another $500+ character.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Agreed. No way he is released in any way that won't bring in the dough. Enough hype to guarantee his eventual release, but not enough to keep him out from behind a paywall.
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member

Agreed. No way he is released in any way that won't bring in the dough. Enough hype to guarantee his eventual release, but not enough to keep him out from behind a paywall.

wouldn't be bad, we'll have a better idea how many really wanted Thrawn and were actually willing to pay
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Ahsoka >> Thrawn
  • Fantasty
    78 posts Member
    edited May 2017

why would you offer to pay for a character before you even know he may be free?
  • Also, have you figured that maybe some would "pay good money for irrelevant former Jedi" and "pay zero money for Grand Admiral Thrawn"
  • Fantasty
    78 posts Member
    Also, have you figured that maybe some would "pay good money for irrelevant former Jedi" and "pay zero money for Grand Admiral Thrawn"

preach.
  • I am Groot
  • I am Groot

Hey that's my line
  • I am Groot

Hey that's my line

We are Groot
  • Fantasty wrote: »

why would you offer to pay for a character before you even know he may be free?

I will pay developers for services i enjoy.

Its only fair.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Speak for yourself and a handful of others. Surprisingly (although not all that surprising to anyone who understands the concept of having an open mind) there is a vast majority of players who wouldn't mind any number of characters to be released, outside of Thrawn. Just because you see posts about a character, doesn't mean he is the only one people are excited to obtain. It's just what a select few keep posting and re-posting.

Many people want Thrawn. Many people also want the upcoming Ahsoka, Jedi Luke, Kallus, Jango, another Ewok, another Geonosian, a better separatist lead, and numerous others. It's a matter of opinion, of which very few want Thrawn first, in the grand scheme of things.

Not sure that interpreting the Fulcrum symbol turning red (the scene where Thrawn shows up to confront Kallus) can be counted as closed minded... I think of all the people and factions you've listed, most are in the game already (separatist leaders...who else major is there?), and the rest have nothing to do with Fulcrum other than Kallus and Ahsoka...
  • Broulan wrote: »

Not sure that interpreting the Fulcrum symbol turning red (the scene where Thrawn shows up to confront Kallus) can be counted as closed minded... I think of all the people and factions you've listed, most are in the game already (separatist leaders...who else major is there?), and the rest have nothing to do with Fulcrum other than Kallus and Ahsoka...

And that was a Major mis calculation on thier part.

Everyone was talking about Thrawn or Kallus.

And very few were thinking it could be Ahsoka (there were hopefulls who are likely happy)
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »

This post wasn't directed towards anyone's interpretation of CGs initial hints. It's aimed at individual's who seem to be hell bent on the release of a single charcter, to the point where they believe that the majority players feel the EXACT way that they do. Not everyone is in the mindset that it has to be Thrawn or "no cash" or "unconscionable outrage." Not even a significant amount of players, when you really think about it. EA will make money off just about any new character they release, and plenty of those characters will make a decent amount more than Thrawn. That's a fact. Not an opinion.

You seem hellbent that i wont spend money on other Characters.

Im waiting for.
    1. Thrawn
    2. Mandalorians (ive paid for Sabine and Gar Saxxon)
    3. Jedi Luke.

I wont spend money on someone like Rebel Ashoka.. though ill try to get her ingame if shea good.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited May 2017
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

This post wasn't directed towards anyone's interpretation of CGs initial hints. It's aimed at individual's who seem to be hell bent on the release of a single charcter, to the point where they believe that the majority players feel the EXACT way that they do. Not everyone is in the mindset that it has to be Thrawn or "no cash" or "unconscionable outrage." Not even a significant amount of players, when you really think about it. EA will make money off just about any new character they release, and plenty of those characters will make a decent amount more than Thrawn. That's a fact. Not an opinion.

Im waiting for.
    1. Thrawn
    3. Jedi Luke.

I wont spend money on someone like Rebel Ashoka.. though ill try to get her ingame if shea good.

It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with the ENTIRE player base. Your money is a grain of sand on a beach full of dedicated players. And if you add every player who feels as strongly as you do, to the point where they won't invest for ANY other character, then maybe you have a handful of sand, within that entire beach. EA will not take a loss, solely because they relase any character that is not Thrawn.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »

Im waiting for.
    1. Thrawn
    3. Jedi Luke.

It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with the ENTIRE player base. Your money is a grain of sand on a beach full of dedicated players. And if you add every player who feels as strongly as you do, to the point where they won't invest for ANY other character, then maybe you have a handful of sand, within that entire beach. EA will not take a loss, solely because they relase any character that is not Thrawn.

You are correct. They will have whales who nees to be on top of every new character.

Those are the ones who fund them.

But i want them to know and hear me that i WILL put money down for Thrawn.

Id put money down for Mara Jade as well if i thought there was even a chance she would appear.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

And very few were thinking it could be Ahsoka (there were hopefulls who are likely happy)

I wasn't hopeful I was doubtful... But I am very happy it is Ahsoka! That said I will not be paying to buy the 5 shards for 1200 crystals for her or for Thrawn or any character they release.

Also important to note that she is not the "fan favorite" that was talked about for June at SW celebration.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

I wasn't hopeful I was doubtful... But I am very happy it is Ahsoka! That said I will not be paying to buy the 5 shards for 1200 crystals for her or for Thrawn or any character they release.

Also important to note that she is not the "fan favorite" that was talked about for June at SW celebration.

Yes. There is still hope for anyone that doesn't like the new Ahsoka release.
This discussion has been closed.