Droid builds?

Been experimenting with two primary droid setups, looking for some thoughts on the better focus.

HK/Leader
Poggle
Poe

Poggle/Leader
Poe
Daka

Yes, very minor change to the lineups.
Poggle still gives damage and speed buffs. You lose HK's turn-meter creation. Poggle adds additional basic damage to 88/86. Daka revives, sometimes.

Am I splitting hairs or is there legitimacy to both builds?

Replies

• Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I dont think the daka build is viable at high level arena. The revive isnt reliable so she'll only be there for the stun. Switch daka for GS and the team is good.

The other one is the cookiecutter droid squad, everybody runs that team.
  • Options
    I dont think the daka build is viable at high level arena. The revive isnt reliable so she'll only be there for the stun. Switch daka for GS and the team is good.

this.
    switching daka for GS seems to be the only other solid option at this point if you want full synergy/boosts from pggles leadership to make up for lack of crits/turn meter for not having hk.
  • Options

I've read that a bunch, the cookie-cutter comments. I started a droid team before coming to the forums. Scrolling through the leaderboards show only 2 droid squads in the top 100. One of them is top 10, one of them is me (70-80, typically. Been focusing on gear/shards/abilities before taking a run at the Arena)

Anxiously awaiting General Grievous, I suppose. Maybe another generic droid or two that allows for some more specific targeting (anti-Jedi, maybe a repair-bot)

I've found the Poggle-lead team seems to wipe out of threat of the Poe surge pretty quickly with all the extra damage.

Obviously droid threads are cookie-cutter at this point, so thanks for your time!
  • Options
    i'm just speaking to what works for me so far/based on my farming abilities. will test the daka theory once i finish farming her. also thinking about trying to work phasma into the mix with 86/88/poggle/GS but not sure if that's possible either with the current poe situation. i think it's too glassy and will get wiped.
  • Options

My GS is so far behind I'm not sure he's worth the time and resources right now to boost another glass-cannon. Thinking it might be better to wait and see who the next droid/genosian is.
  • Options

I've read that a bunch, the cookie-cutter comments. I started a droid team before coming to the forums. Scrolling through the leaderboards show only 2 droid squads in the top 100. One of them is top 10, one of them is me (70-80, typically. Been focusing on gear/shards/abilities before taking a run at the Arena)

Anxiously awaiting General Grievous, I suppose. Maybe another generic droid or two that allows for some more specific targeting (anti-Jedi, maybe a repair-bot)

I've found the Poggle-lead team seems to wipe out of threat of the Poe surge pretty quickly with all the extra damage.

Obviously droid threads are cookie-cutter at this point, so thanks for your time!

The cookie cutter comment isn't criticism, I run the same droid team myself on my second account. It's cookie cutter because it's proven itself already and many players run it with succes. (I get top 5 everyday while 5 levels below the others)

Someone posted about two droids being added with the new update. Dont know if it was true, but he said no general grievous this update.
  • Options
    No worries, I didn't take it negatively, just clarifying that I started my droids before researching. And thanks for the input! After a brief recount there's 4 HK/Poggle leaders in my top-100, including myself. Pretty uncommon in my server based on what I've read here over the last month. Also, I'm just a Grievous fan in general. I assume he's somewhat inevitable to be released, of course.
  • Options

My GS is so far behind I'm not sure he's worth the time and resources right now to boost another glass-cannon. Thinking it might be better to wait and see who the next droid/genosian is.

You can get GS up in no time to 7 stars, maybe a couple weeks.
  • Options
    Poe team is all about lining up big guns behind him for maximum damage. Rarely do you see a healer in a Poe + dps setup since you don't really need to.

Hence, go with the first line-up; Poe taunts, Poggle buffs and let the firework begin.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Been experimenting with two primary droid setups, looking for some thoughts on the better focus.

HK/Leader
    Poggle
    Poe

Poggle/Leader
    Poe
    Daka

Poggle still gives damage and speed buffs. You lose HK's turn-meter creation. Poggle adds additional basic damage to 88/86. Daka revives, sometimes.

Forget Daka, add Geonosian Soldier to secobd build, and we got winner
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »

HK/Leader
    Poggle
    Poe

Poggle/Leader
    Poe
    Daka

Forget Daka, add Geonosian Soldier to secobd build, and we got winner

You can get GS up in no time to 7 stars, maybe a couple weeks.

I suppose when two of the biggest names in Droid-threads say so, it's probably a good idea to listen.

Thanks again and in advance!
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There are 3 good droid teams that work well in the current meta:
    HK lead, Poggle, Poe, 86, 88
    HK lead , Geo, Poe, 86, 88
    Poggle lead, Geo, Poe, 86, 88

Up until level cap was raised and Poe got to 61, I used HK, 86, 88, Poggle, Geo. Once Poe got to 7th round speed I switched him in and dropped Poggle and ran that until I hit level 70. When I hit 70, Geo went to 7th round and I swapped him back in and dropped Poggle.

I finish first in my timezone pretty much every day. There is another guy that runs the HK, Poe, Pog, 86, 88 team that has been at the top of the leaderboard since I started. As well as two other HK lead teams that have been showing up at the top recently.

Both of the HK lead comps are good. Geo might be a little better than Poggle due to his first turn chance and his huge damage on his assist. Usually can kill, or almost kill an enemy toon in one shot. He edges Poggle out slightly on power rating too.

Haven't experimented with the Poggle lead yet because His leader ability is only at level 3 right now. Will test it out when I get it leveled up some.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »

Up until level cap was raised and Poe got to 61, I used HK, 86, 88, Poggle, Geo. Once Poe got to 7th round speed I switched him in and dropped Poggle and ran that until I hit level 70. When I hit 70, Geo went to 7th round and I swapped him back in and dropped Poggle.

I finish first in my timezone pretty much every day. There is another guy that runs the HK, Poe, Pog, 86, 88 team that has been at the top of the leaderboard since I started. As well as two other HK lead teams that have been showing up at the top recently.

Both of the HK lead comps are good. Geo might be a little better than Poggle due to his first turn chance and his huge damage on his assist. Usually can kill, or almost kill an enemy toon in one shot. He edges Poggle out slightly on power rating too.

Haven't experimented with the Poggle lead yet because His leader ability is only at level 3 right now. Will test it out when I get it leveled up some.

Good info, what do you mean by 7th round speed? speed at 7th star? equipment?
  • Options

i am in the exact same spot. keep us updated with what you find out
  • Options
    he's maxed level 8 i'm sure. probably level 9 for Geo
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

The game add your speed to your turn meter (the blue bar) each "tick" of time. When a character adds 1000 turn meter points, he acts. All characters with speed 143+ reach the 1000 bar at the same time, in 7 ticks. So all chars with 143 speed or more are actually just as fast. Dooku has 166 speed, and reach 1000 in 7 ticks, just like Poe, who has 143 and has 1001 turn points in tick 7. No character is fast enough to act in tick 6 yet, so being above the 143 breakpoint means you are just as fast as the fastest characters. Those are often called "turn 7 characters" or similar.

Poe has 143 speed at level 61+ if you max his gear, so does Geonosian Soldier at lvl 70 when full geared.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

The game add your speed to your turn meter (the blue bar) each "tick" of time. When a character adds 1000 turn meter points, he acts. All characters with speed 143+ reach the 1000 bar at the same time, in 7 ticks. So all chars with 143 speed or more are actually just as fast. Dooku has 166 speed, and reach 1000 in 7 ticks, just like Poe, who has 143 and has 1001 turn points in tick 7. No character is fast enough to act in tick 6 yet, so being above the 143 breakpoint means you are just as fast as the fastest characters. Those are often called "turn 7 characters" or similar.

Poe has 143 speed at level 61+ if you max his gear, so does Geonosian Soldier at lvl 70 when full geared.

Excellent. I've been meaning to start a thread for terminology. Most of it is obvious, this particular one escaped me. Thanks!
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    All of my guys are at 7* max gear except for Poe and HK. They are both 6*, but HK will be 7* in a few days. I am leaving Poe at 6* and have started farming QGJ in cantina ships. Was planning on trying a Phasma led assist team in the future.

With the new update, and leader skills now working from round one, I am very interested in seeing what Lobot can do. Been working on his shards for a bit and I'm only at 28. Been working on IG-100 in cantina and have him at 4* and twenty something shards towards 5*. I am hoping to field a Lobot lead all droid team in a couple weeks.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    All of my guys are at 7* max gear except for Poe and HK. They are both 6*, but HK will be 7 in a few days. I am leaving Poe at 6* and have started farming QGJ in cantina ships. Was planning on trying a Phasma led assist team in the future.

With the new update, and leader skills now working from round one, I am very interested in seeing what Lobot can do. Been working on his shards for a bit and I'm only at 28. Been working on IG-100 in cantina and have him at 4* and twenty something shards towards 5*. I am hoping to field a Lobot lead all droid team in a couple weeks.

I have a 5* IG-100 and sadly he really has no place on my team. I've used him once or twice against Jedi squads with decent results, but the benefit of my other options outweigh what he brings to the table. I've never seen anyone really have anything positive to say about him. I'd be interested if anyone out there does like him.
  • Options
    I'm fearing the droid teams will be hit hard by the update. With the speed leaderships applying at turn 1 all the QGJ and some other Jedi will go first. They will just instakill one or two IG's and its gg.
  • Options
    Pfft no one in my shard is top 10 with silly droids
  • Options
    Pfft no one in my shard is top 10 with silly droids

You just posted a pic of yourself using droids :smirk:
  • Options
    All of my guys are at 7* max gear except for Poe and HK. They are both 6*, but HK will be 7 in a few days. I am leaving Poe at 6* and have started farming QGJ in cantina ships. Was planning on trying a Phasma led assist team in the future.

I have a 5* IG-100 and sadly he really has no place on my team. I've used him once or twice against Jedi squads with decent results, but the benefit of my other options outweigh what he brings to the table. I've never seen anyone really have anything positive to say about him. I'd be interested if anyone out there does like him.

He might become viable with a Lobot lead. Lobot will jump him up from round 11 to round 9. He also gives Lobot 6% speed bonus. He has life steal as well now.

There may be a place for him in the new meta, don't write him off yet.