Raid idea to introduce Jedi Luke to the game

Kronen
306 posts Member
First off Luke did not attain Jedi status until Return of the Jedi. So I thought it fitting to do a raid for earning Jedi Luke shards that fits with that film. Basically it's the Assault on Endor.

Phase 1
A space battle against Tarkin and his ship with a squad of tie fighters led by Darth Vader in his advanced tie fighter. Vader's ship will be the main boss and call in various tie fighters for support. Just like Grevious does with droids in phase 1 of the aat tank raid. And similarly he can refresh fallen fighters by calling in support. (No restrictions on light or dark side ships)

Phase 2
After getting through the space fleet orbiting Endor you land to fight a squad of various stormtroopers led by a boss version of General Veers. This plays out like phase 3 of the aat tank raid.

Phase 3
This phase Veers jumps into AT-AT walker. You would have Veers standing in the top hatch, the turrets on either side of the walkers head and the main blaster cannon in front. This works out like phase 4 of the aat tank raid. If you take out Veers in the hatch and both side turrets you can temporarily disabled the walker and get a free round of attacks.

Phase 4
This plays out like phase 3 except Veers has closed the hatch and beefed up his attack. Every few turns he can fix a random hero in a set of cross hairs and kill them in one shot from the main cannon. But likewise every so often you can target ropes restraining the ewoks battering ram logs to bash in the sides and temporarily disabled the walker. Get him to zero to defeat the final phase with a cutscene of the walker being utterly smashed and falling to the ground.

Ewoks and Rebels get bonuses similar to those for Jawas and Jedi in the aat tank raid.
The reward is raid gear, guild currency and fleet currency. And for heroic you can earn Jedi Luke shards.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    That's not bad, but what if it was a training type event, start with current rebel luke and each phase makes him stronger and builds him into Jedi luke.
  • Hm this is kind of similar to the aat. I would like something totaly new, like aat was to the rancor raid.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    its good, but NO we need a raid or two for darkside character rewards first meaning lightside enemies... like a geonosis raid to earn jango where you fight clones and jedi with the final boss being Mace or something
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    its good, but NO we need a raid or two for darkside character rewards first meaning lightside enemies... like a geonosis raid to earn jango where you fight clones and jedi with the final boss being Mace or something
    flux_rono wrote: »

Geonosis no...
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member

Geonosis no...

i was not serious with the geonosis part.. i was just using it as an example for a lighside needed raid with a character that made sense for the reward
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I like the raid idea you present, but I do not feel Jedi Luke should be earned through a raid. We already have General Kenobi through a raid and there are lots including myself that still do not have him unlocked. I would like to see Jedi Luke arrive similar to how Emperor Palpatine and Yoda are unlocked. I also feel if they introduce Jedi Luke he should not be a one time event. His event to unlock him should come periodically or just be an event that unlocks to anyone who meets a specific criteria.
  • Alle
    27 posts Member
    Order 66 raid on the jedi temple could be a possible option for a standalone raid or part of a new raid (one or two phases in the jedi temple)
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    Alle wrote: »
    Order 66 raid on the jedi temple could be a possible option for a standalone raid or part of a new raid (one or two phases in the jedi temple)

that could work. with anakin, clones, & sidious getting extra buffs in the raid like jedi and jawas in the tank.... but who would be the darkside reward
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Alle wrote: »

that could work. with anakin, clones, & sidious getting extra buffs in the raid like jedi and jawas in the tank.... but who would be the darkside reward

Darth Vader pre-costume would be cool. Like hooded anakin with dark side abilties
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Dont think we need a third version of anakin. We have 2 versions of han, anakin and palpatine. The thing is everyone was yelling for the scoundrel version of han and the emporer version of palpatine just like everyone wants jedi luke. To make a third version of anakin that is basically vader before the armor/suit doesnt really make sense at this time. If not jedi luke, as an alternate i would like the endor version of leia that gives a boost against empire and sith to counter balance the current sith dynamic with zaul or nihulus teams.
  • Tarkin died when the first Death Star blew up.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Yes but hes the only emperial ship commander in game. To stick more to cannon the would have to make Veers or Palpatine a ship commander. But that would be stellar if they gave palpatine the super star destroyer from the film.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    That could make for a great ship event. Make a special ship event for unlocking the super star destroyer, like they do for getting yoda or palpatine.