Sidious Bug?

So I just had a Sidious take 3 consecutive turns in a Squad Arena, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't do that kind of stuff. Anybody know what up with that bug? He destroyed my chance for my last victory with those attacks

Replies

• Sid is VERY fast! There is a chance his speed was higher than some of your other characters. Also, did the opposing team have a Phasma and/or characters with "Call in assist" on them?

Things to consider...
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    I was in a final fight with Sid and needed one shot to win, he did his special and immediately struck again for the win, no Phasma involved in the entire match, Also Phasma called on herself in the same situation in another close match, it's like the game is built for you to never advance.
  • Sid also has the chance to gain 50% turn meter when anyone dies, he's very fast too.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Did he kill anyone with his special? He has a chance to gain 50% turn meter when anyone on either side dies.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Did he kill anyone with his special? He has a chance to gain 50% turn meter when anyone on either side dies.
    For me, no, we had traded a few shots one on one and I was in the yellow and he had that little sliver of red left.

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Depending on who the other toons are, Sid is technically fast enough to go twice between their turns on occasion. But never three times...
  • There are a few scenarios where Sid could legitimately attack three times in a row so we're going to need more context in order to tell you whether anything is fishy. Who was your last toon? Who were the two leaders? Were either of you being affected by any kind of status effect? What happened in the turns leading up to Sid's triple hit?

The most likely scenario I can think of is this:
    • They have Sid and at least one other toon left. You are down to your last toon and it is your turn. Sid has a full meter and is ready to act as well.
    • You attack and kill Sid's ally. I'm guessing it's an AoE attack and Sid is left with a sliver of health (someone will have to clarify whether Sid's healing occurs after or simultaneously as the damage. Is it possible for his regen to save him from death? If not, he would have to have Healing Immunity to finish the round at a sliver of health).
    • On the death of his ally, Sid's unique ability procs and gives him 50% turn meter. This is added to whatever excess he already had, which could be enough to automatically put him at up to ~64% turn meter immediately following his turn. It could even be as much as ~70%, depending on whether the 50% means "50% of your current turn meter value", whether that includes any excess beyond the 1000 needed to take a turn and just how much excess he had.
    • Sid makes his first attack. Immediately after his turn, his meter refills with the excess he had, giving him a large head start over you on the next turn.
    • Sid makes his second attack. Your turn meter is likely still only around a third full, at most, since Sid didn't need many rounds to fill up again. Could be substantially less if you happen to also be suffering from Speed Down.
    • Both of your turn meters fill simultaneously and Sid wins the dice roll to go first, making his third consecutive attack, which kills you.

There are some other scenarios that could do it as well but some appear to have already been discounted by your followup posts. But like I said, if this isn't what happened, we're going to need that additional context information to help you.
  • In my case, right before he went crazy there were him, Phasma and JC on his side.

On my side there were Lumi, Phasma and Kylo.

Both teams were pretty low on health.

He took his turn, attacked my Lumi. Killed her. Instantly took a second turn. Killed Phasma. Then he took an immediate third turn and left my Kylo with close to no life, only for JC to finish the job.

I'm not exactly sure, but there's no chance for Sidious to regain meter with his basic attack, or is it? He never used his special and there was no leader ability from Phasma proccing either
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    So I just had a Sidious take 3 consecutive turns in a Squad Arena, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't do that kind of stuff. Anybody know what up with that bug? He destroyed my chance for my last victory with those attacks

I had him do the same a few days a go. I would swear that he didn't kill anything in the meanwhile (his source for TM gain), but I may be wrong. Battles are fast, and it is not the first time someone is absolutely sure of something that didn't happen as he thinks it did.

I'm aware now to see if it happens again to check it was something weird and report it.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    It happened to me today, called in on assist, attacked, then again. I was like ok, what just happened
  • Ruined my day... he did one healing immunity in 5 minutes... look at this.. can somebody pls explain
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Sounds to me like he simply benefitted from natural speed coupeld with his possible 50% meter gain since in your scenario, someone died before each atk
  • There are a few scenarios where Sid could legitimately attack three times in a row so we're going to need more context in order to tell you whether anything is fishy. Who was your last toon? Who were the two leaders? Were either of you being affected by any kind of status effect? What happened in the turns leading up to Sid's triple hit?

The most likely scenario I can think of is this:
    • They have Sid and at least one other toon left. You are down to your last toon and it is your turn. Sid has a full meter and is ready to act as well.
    • You attack and kill Sid's ally. I'm guessing it's an AoE attack and Sid is left with a sliver of health (someone will have to clarify whether Sid's healing occurs after or simultaneously as the damage. Is it possible for his regen to save him from death? If not, he would have to have Healing Immunity to finish the round at a sliver of health).
    • On the death of his ally, Sid's unique ability procs and gives him 50% turn meter. This is added to whatever excess he already had, which could be enough to automatically put him at up to ~64% turn meter immediately following his turn. It could even be as much as ~70%, depending on whether the 50% means "50% of your current turn meter value", whether that includes any excess beyond the 1000 needed to take a turn and just how much excess he had.
    • Sid makes his first attack. Immediately after his turn, his meter refills with the excess he had, giving him a large head start over you on the next turn.
    • Sid makes his second attack. Your turn meter is likely still only around a third full, at most, since Sid didn't need many rounds to fill up again. Could be substantially less if you happen to also be suffering from Speed Down.
    • Both of your turn meters fill simultaneously and Sid wins the dice roll to go first, making his third consecutive attack, which kills you.

There are some other scenarios that could do it as well but some appear to have already been discounted by your followup posts. But like I said, if this isn't what happened, we're going to need that additional context information to help you.

you are my man, heyy all here is the gamer brain.