Launching ship arena battle and then quickly minimizing game does not start the battle clock

I have noticed one guy in my server having his battles last 10 minutes instead of the maximum 7:30. This is going on every day. I tried to find out how he was doing this, and I may have found the answer. At least on an Apple Device, if you start the battle and then quickly press the home button on the device to minimize the game, the battle starts, thus locking out others from battling you, but the clock for the 7:30 does not start until you open the game back up. My guess is that he is starting the battle, waiting 2:30 seconds (thereabouts), then opening the game back up and using his 7:30 to do the battle. He thus has a 10 minute battle. Please look into this devs.

Replies

• Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I can recreate this on Android as well, but I can't assume I'm locked out from being attacked until I initiate the timer. I waited for 6m after minimizing during load screen. Came on at 7:30 timer

It's possible he's just refreshing his last fight and going right back into a lockout procedure
  • Ahwang826
    136 posts Member
    If this is true they need to fix it right away.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and has been sent up to our team for further investigation. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Thanks!