What do we want? Content! When do we want it...next year?

When you guys are done releasing every storm trooper, ever, can we get some more content. Longer lasting events is top of my list, more tiers, gear oriented rewards, hopefully the ship event will be awesome. Just want an event I can't finish in one day. If the event is a week long I'd like something to do each day of the event. Any other suggestions or opinions?

Replies

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    How bout something to break the ridiculous dodge, stealth, annihilate metas...

I thought dooku dodge was most annoying thing ever...

Now you can't even play a match without timing out.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    There is plenty of content to released in the big update some time within the next few weeks. I don't know if you haven't been paying attention, or if you are being unreasonably impatient, but it's been announced plenty of times.
  • I would like to see a weekly event of sorts, starting on Sunday, progressing to a different battle for the same event through Saturday. Each day the rewards are better, battles are longer, and if you log in each of the days and play it to finish, something good should be at the end of the rainbow as a bonus prize for the week.

Should be difficult, but not so exceedingly difficult that you need fully zeta toons to win on day 7.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    There is plenty of content to released in the big update some time within the next few weeks. I don't know if you haven't been paying attention, or if you are being unreasonably impatient, but it's been announced plenty of times.
    Did you even read? The ship event is the "plenty of new content" you're talking about.
    Not sure how that's plenty? But ok.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Did you even read?

I read the title, first, which is much more pronounced and exagerated than is necessary. They are releasing content this year, very soon actually, so it's rather redundant.

Then I read the body, which asks for longer events and and better rewards. My advice to you is to grind like everyone else has been doing for over a year. Special events are just that, special. Not within the norm. Not all that common. Not intended to significantly increase your push to gear toons.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

How do you time out at ×4 speed? Are we talking triple cleanse? Someone can probably help you out if you post your swgoh.gg roster.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I would like to see a weekly event of sorts, starting on Sunday, progressing to a different battle for the same event through Saturday. Each day the rewards are better, battles are longer, and if you log in each of the days and play it to finish, something good should be at the end of the rainbow as a bonus prize for the week.

Should be difficult, but not so exceedingly difficult that you need fully zeta toons to win on day 7.

I saw another post similar to this. You may have been the author. Pretty popular idea. I wonder if they might implement something like this. Or a faster way to get through galactic war.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Did you even read?

I read the title, first, which is much more pronounced and exagerated than is necessary. They are releasing content this year, very soon actually, so it's rather redundant.

Then I read the body, which asks for longer events and and better rewards. My advice to you is to grind like everyone else has been doing for over a year. Special events are just that, special. Not within the norm. Not all that common. Not intended to significantly increase your push to gear toons.

Youre already off topic. Do you have anything to add to the discussion besides telling me to just play the game? (Which obviously I do and therefore would like some more engaging things to do in the game, such as longer events). And the point is that the special events aren't special, they're rather dull, lacklustre, and frankly boring.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Did you even read?

Youre already off topic. Do you have anything to add to the discussion besides telling me to just play the game? (Which obviously I do and therefore would like some more engaging things to do in the game, such as longer events). And the point is that the special events aren't special, they're rather dull, lacklustre, and frankly boring.

This is my point exactly. The game is about collecting characters and competing in different game modes (Raids, GW, and the two arenas). Special events aren't supposed to be the bulk of the content within the game. They are just small additions to the already decent amount of content for a game that is free to play, with more content soon to be implemented.
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I would like to see a weekly event of sorts, starting on Sunday, progressing to a different battle for the same event through Saturday. Each day the rewards are better, battles are longer, and if you log in each of the days and play it to finish, something good should be at the end of the rainbow as a bonus prize for the week.

I like this idea but I would add that you have a 24hour cooldown period on characters used, so if you use wedge, Biggs Lando Han leia on Monday then you can't use them again until Wednesday. Or something like that to add some strategy to it.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

I like this idea but I would add that you have a 24hour cooldown period on characters used, so if you use wedge, Biggs Lando Han leia on Monday then you can't use them again until Wednesday. Or something like that to add some strategy to it.

Restrictions similar to this would definitely make the experience more satisfying, and value players with deeper rosters.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member

I saw another post similar to this. You may have been the author. Pretty popular idea. I wonder if they might implement something like this. Or a faster way to get through galactic war.

It takes me 15 minutes max to complete GW each day. How much faster do you expect it to go?
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »

Restrictions similar to this would definitely make the experience more satisfying, and value players with deeper rosters.

Exactly, as it should, I'm picturing a galactic war style event but instead of playing vs other player squads you player a number of different battles(wars) on different planets try to win the war.....ships battles could be a part of this as well, winning ship battles in this event could earn you starting buff for your next ground combat sequence.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    nite0wl29 wrote: »

It takes me 15 minutes max to complete GW each day. How much faster do you expect it to go?

I'm only level 79, so I have been able to auto through GW since my second month into playing this game. I expect that once I hit level 82-85 GW will become much more difficult. That's what I hear at least.

Besides that, I wish that we didn't have to click through the rewards after each battle. Maybe just change it to where you get your rewards for GW whenever you complete it fully, or restart for the next one. Whichever comes first for you.

For instance, I will get all of my rewards upon completion of node 12. If I only make it to node 9, I can "restart" or "give up" and just pull rewards for what I've already completed. Just a quicker way to navigate through it. Nothing too major.
  • Dark_Light wrote: »

Yeah or perhaps change the stipulations week to week for the month so it really gives reasons for players to not only use toons they wouldn't usually, but so that it gives goals for roster diversification other then just to have them. I don't think a star requirement should be entered into the event, but you know if you need say 5 rebel characters on a Saturday rebel week that they better be geared and modded if you don't want to get stomped. It should not take into account star levels, but be like the credit/droid heist where you just need the characters.

With that said, it should be announced a week ahead of time the requirements for the next week, it should be fun for players and given clear direction what they will need, not thrown upon them. I think something like endor would be good for this. Where each day you have to attack something different, and then change sides.

Like you could battle ewok as empire characters, or battle empire as rebels/ewok.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

How do you time out at ×4 speed? Are we talking triple cleanse? Someone can probably help you out if you post your swgoh.gg roster.

Timeout because i dont have a roster that was bought... and timeout because i have to play manually... because i didnt buy a winning team...
    Timeout because i have a job and life and cannot spend hours analyzing what mods are best to tweak a pittance of speed to make this toon faster than theres etc...

I have been playing since nov. 15' and in last month i have become the most dis-satisfied ever with the game.... mostly because of triple cleanse-annihilate teams...and zaul dodge... its not that they suck... its that there boring. I am definitely not the best player... but i have been around since the beginning... i know i could join the ranks of cheesed out zauls teams and sadly i have geared my nihlus to g11 simply to stay in top 100 of arena... im not complaining, im just saying this meta is way more boring than dooku/ob dodge or droids or wiggs...

Hopefully a new update with new zetas will shake things up cause the dodge & annhilate/triple cleanse & annihilate meta is just plain boring.
  • I'm up for some generic protest chants.

Hey hey! Ho ho! (Insert name of an objectionable person or thing) has got to go!
  • @ExarTheKun and the title is acurrate by the way cause I would like to see this next year after it's been developed and thoroughly play tested.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I don't know how you could time out with 4x speed and Nihilus annihilating somebody ever eight turns or less.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I don't know how you could time out with 4x speed and Nihilus annihilating somebody ever eight turns or less.
    It doesn't matter that's not what we're talking about.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »

Not playing on auto... things happening around you, not 100% focised on battle trying to get in daily activities...