Jedi Knight Guardian

With the upcoming update I've been focusing on filling out my Jedi roster with Jedi Knight Guardian & just wondering once finished farming 25/25 shards is she promoted at 2 stars or 3?

Have a 5* Lumi, JC, Barriss and a 4* Ahsoka, so just wondering if it's even worth my time farming a quick & easy to get Jedi character for my 5th Jedi (even with upcoming changes still don't know if Jedi Knight Guardian will be playable for GW and if it's worth my time & focus to gear up to 5* for events).

Thoughts? I'm a long way off any other Jedi's and am F2P. I would consider getting daily crystal booster and mid crystal pack if there's an easier solution.

Replies

• 2* for 25 shards.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Why don't you farm QGJ? He is available from cantina shipments too.
  • StarSon
    7424 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

In terms of time, Ahsoka and JKG are both better options since they have hard node farming available as well. Hopefully OP is farming Mace or JC in Cantina to get those tokens?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

In terms of time, Ahsoka and JKG are both better options since they have hard node farming available as well. Hopefully OP is farming Mace or JC in Cantina to get those tokens?

Yes, but QGJ is imo a better long-term investment.
  • Mathematically, on average, it's going to be impossible to take either character (QGJ or JG) from 0 to 145 shards in a time limit that will allow you to do the event before it goes away, even if it doesn't launch until next Monday or Tuesday, especially if still working on Ahsoka. Assuming 300 crystals a day on Squad Cantina battles it takes ~19 days to get a locked character to 5 stars. Farming a hard node makes it take ~17 days instead if the character has only one node (as is true for the Guardian). Even if the event is a week away from starting that means we have only 14 or 15 days until the event is gone for however long it vanishes.

That means that the day or two you gain by being able to do hard nodes for the Guardian aren't worth anything, and so you should absolutely invest in Qui Gon instead. If you already had the Guardian unlocked it'd be a different story. Even with buffs Guardian is only going to be good for soaking punishment as a suicide squad member in GW and bringing a nice AoE to the tank challenge, while QGJ is a tier 1 DPS with a great assist and a great leader skill for Jedi squads.
  • I chose to unlock jg as I only had lumi and jc (6 and 5 stars respectively)...now I have ahsoka, jg, and qgj at 2 star and I'm back to working on my poe (4 stars tomorrow). Atleast I can do the early levels of the event this time.
  • It seems that she is super easy to gear. I didn't intentionally farm her gears, just fill her slots whenever there appears that green plus. Now she is purple gear already.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    It seems that she is super easy to gear. I didn't intentionally farm her gears, just fill her slots whenever there appears that green plus. Now she is purple gear already.

Agreed, mine needs 2 slots to get to gear IX, with minimal effort ( just had a bunch of gear stored up.) It was the easiest character to gear that I have experienced.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Hawk7915 wrote: »
    Mathematically, on average, it's going to be impossible to take either character (QGJ or JG) from 0 to 145 shards in a time limit that will allow you to do the event before it goes away, even if it doesn't launch until next Monday or Tuesday, especially if still working on Ahsoka. Assuming 300 crystals a day on Squad Cantina battles it takes ~19 days to get a locked character to 5 stars. Farming a hard node makes it take ~17 days instead if the character has only one node (as is true for the Guardian). Even if the event is a week away from starting that means we have only 14 or 15 days until the event is gone for however long it vanishes.

That means that the day or two you gain by being able to do hard nodes for the Guardian aren't worth anything, and so you should absolutely invest in Qui Gon instead. If you already had the Guardian unlocked it'd be a different story. Even with buffs Guardian is only going to be good for soaking punishment as a suicide squad member in GW and bringing a nice AoE to the tank challenge, while QGJ is a tier 1 DPS with a great assist and a great leader skill for Jedi squads.
    Hey Hawk, this is exactly the advice I needed from someone a little more clued up than myself. Thanks!

So you suggest farming QGJ, skip this event and aim for 5* event (or better) next time it comes around?