Farmed gear vs Bought Gear

First off I like this game a lot. I've played everyday since December 2015. What's really starting to make me wanna shelf this game and move on is the gear grind. Gear, gear, gear.

I've done every raid my guild has opened. I've never ever missed a single raid. In all I have completed a total of 248 raids to date. With that many raids under my belt one would think I should have got better raid drops. Wrong. I know exactly how many characters I have been able to G11 soley from raid drops.

4 characters. Only 4 I've been able to G11 from raid drops only. Fotp was the first. Jka was the second. Lando the third and QGJ the fourth. That's it. Only 4

Here is the number of characters I've been able to G11 from gear bought from shipments: 18

Now I understand no one forced my hand to buy gear and that it was my own choice to spend money. But, Ea/CG you certainly have not made it any easier for people like myself who spend money and other players who's choice is to play free.

I understand you are out to make money and I think the majority of the community is ok with that. We know that if this game doesn't make money then it will be shut down and we all don't want that to happen.

But in the future can we please have maybe some better chances for full set pieces. Maybe add new gear in the daily challenges, maybe even allow the gear from energy nodes to be doubled up more often. Allowing us to gear the 117 characters that are currently available will allow us to have a bit more fun on this game. Cause the way it is now, new characters are being added constantly. More characters being added but gear staying like it is only makes the gear bottleneck that much worse.

Please think about it cause 4 raid drop only G11 characters vs 18 money bought G11 characters seems a bit excessive in my opinion. I'm not asking for a ton of freebies and I'm not asking to max all 117 characters gear in a month. But they way it is now it will take like 3 plus years to gear everyone..and it will take even longer with new characters being added at the rate they're being released now.

Thanks for all the new content being released...but we seriously need the gear farm on this game to be better.

Replies

• I've always thought should be a guaranteed full piece of gear if you finish top 5
  • It's nonsensical -- early on I had a full Furnace drop finishing in 23rd place, then have reached podium multiple times yet can count on one hand how many full pcs I've obtained.
  • Need a gear shop and currency instead of a random loot create.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    Remove the challenge gear from possible raid gear drops.
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    Tarugo91 wrote: »

Please.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Tarugo91 wrote: »

This, or all gear and just go with a gear currency.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    If full sets was guaranteed in spots 1-5 instead of being so random so the bottom feeders can enjoy a full cuff, that would open up a new can of worms / rage in the forums.
  • I've always thought should be a guaranteed full piece of gear if you finish top 5

Too dependant on player ID
  • Winstar wrote: »
    If full sets was guaranteed in spots 1-5 instead of being so random so the bottom feeders can enjoy a full cuff, that would open up a new can of worms / rage in the forums.

True, I suppose but I'd like to believe most people up top are gracious enough to sandbag a few Raids so that everyone gets a taste.
  • Just allow us to "open" the loot crate and choose what we want. Ie which salvage or prototype, or if you're lucky full gear.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Said by person who almost 2 yrs play the game. The gear grind is legend!! :(

I play this about 6 or 7 month, have 2 char g 11. Yes i buy their gear from shipment. Raid reward don't help much.

Maybe it's WAI.. micro transaction man.. micro transaction :(
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    if you farm 5 of the 6 slots, but buy the 6th gear piece, does that count towards the 4 or the 18 g11's?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    if you farm 5 of the 6 slots, but buy the 6th gear piece, does that count towards the 4 or the 18 g11's?

I guess buying the 6th piece could count, I don't remember ever getting a last piece needed from a raid.

Most raid drops do get used by me which I probably should have clarified. Getting a character to G10 is what I normally can do from all the raids I've completed. Most times I still need 5-6 pieces left to hit the G11 mark. It's at the G10-G11 farm that I notice I'm stuck spending more money on as of lately due to the gear grind. Last character I G11 was Kenobi. Again, spended the money was my own choice but if I wouldn't have spent $60 bucks to G11 him then he really would have just of ended up collecting dust like a bunch of other characters on my roster. A G9-G10 Kenobi in my arena team really wasn't working good enough so I was forced to spend more money that I said to myself I wasn't gonna do:(

I don't know..I just wish we had better ways to get gear.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    leef wrote: »

I guess buying the 6th piece could count, I don't remember ever getting a last piece needed from a raid.

Most raid drops do get used by me which I probably should have clarified. Getting a character to G10 is what I normally can do from all the raids I've completed. Most times I still need 5-6 pieces left to hit the G11 mark. It's at the G10-G11 farm that I notice I'm stuck spending more money on as of lately due to the gear grind. Last character I G11 was Kenobi. Again, spended the money was my own choice but if I wouldn't have spent $60 bucks to G11 him then he really would have just of ended up collecting dust like a bunch of other characters on my roster. A G9-G10 Kenobi in my arena team really wasn't working good enough so I was forced to spend more money that I said to myself I wasn't gonna do:(

I don't know..I just wish we had better ways to get gear.

i asked because i buy gear in the shipmets (from arena crystals though), but the majority of the gear i need comes from raids and farming. However i rarely get a toon to g11 without having bought atleast 1 of the gearpieces needed. I do finish top3 every raid though, so that helps out a bunch.
    it sure isn't fast, but it is what it is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    They need to remove daily challenge gear from raid drops...... It's demoralizing.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    People will still buy gear for faster progression and not come to hate ea as much..... No matter how much they love the game. We all resent EA for stuff like this
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    It's really a cheap filler trick. It's a shame because ea has managed not to be too wasteful with our virtual resources in every other aspect of the game.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »
    It's really a cheap filler trick. It's a shame because ea has managed not to be too wasteful with our virtual resources in every other aspect of the game.

I think it is meant to slow down the progression some, and guarantee players still actively use the raid content. If we all geared up everyone to G11 in a few months, the game would slowly die.