Fix Zeta drop rate

WrathofCaedus
1880 posts Member
edited May 2017
These should be rare but ppl should not be going 3 or 4 weeks without a drop when others with better luck get at least 1 or 2 per challenge... there's huge potential for large advantage due to rng. They need to be hard to get but this is too much.

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I got 3 tonight
  • I agree, I've only gotten one in three weeks. I worked so hard to build up my dark side ships to unlock that challenge, and it hasn't paid out at all.
  • Since my drought about a month or so ago, it's been a pretty consistent drop with getting at least one zeta; as much as three zetas (albeit once), per challenge.

Of course, im waiting for the other shoe to drop. A zeta drought is right around the corner. 31/20 now.
  • SRG
    17 posts Member
    I fully agree !

I got 0 zetas in the 3 weeks, and before than that, drop was aready abysmal. Some players having started the challenge at the same time than me already have 5/6 zetas whereas i only have 3 (and i'm using all my tokens to buy zetas).
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Just had a drought as well but 3 dropped today so I hope it's going to starts pouring now lol.
  • I'm currently farming my second mat, and I now have 6 in the same amount of challenges it took me to get my first 20, so I feel your pain. I told myself I wouldn't buy any mats until I got all the ship/character shards I needed first, but now I don't know....
  • I busted my @rse to get the challenge unlocked and 3 starred. Now I sink all my currency into zetas and I consider any that drop from challenges to be a bonus. I have 1 toon zeta'd and I bought 13 of those mats. I have 9 zetas now and I've bought 7 of those.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    I've been sitting on 18/20 zetas for 2 weeks now. Today I'm 19/20. Apparently I'm not suppose to have Zylo, so tomorrow I may have to bite the bullet and buy the last zeta instead of gear.
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    I've been sitting on 18/20 zetas for 2 weeks now. Today I'm 19/20. Apparently I'm not suppose to have Zylo, so tomorrow I may have to bite the bullet and buy the last zeta instead of gear.

If you want to zeta characters, buy them from the the fleet shipments. I don't understand this mentality about complaining about drop rates, or in this case waiting 2 weeks for 2 zeta mats. You could have had zylo 12 days ago...? I use fleet shipment for zeta mats, that's it (after I had the challenge unlocked). Buying gear there is crazy, if you get extra mats from the challenge then it's a bonus. Just an opinion.

I just zeta'd my third character today, 53/60 of those mats were from fleet shipments.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    baked_qft wrote: »
    nite0wl29 wrote: »

If you want to zeta characters, buy them from the the fleet shipments. I don't understand this mentality about complaining about drop rates, or in this case waiting 2 weeks for 2 zeta mats. You could have had zylo 12 days ago...? I use fleet shipment for zeta mats, that's it (after I had the challenge unlocked). Buying gear there is crazy, if you get extra mats from the challenge then it's a bonus. Just an opinion.

Buying gear is crazy? No...simming for stun guns and only having 1 or 0 drop per 12 battles is crazy. Especially when you're gearing GK or buying those extra stun cuffs when you need 200 of them for him or 100 for Kylo for that matter. Or the 400 carbantis that you may need for GK. Call me crazy, sure, but it makes the horrific gear grind a lot easier with a sacrifice to zetas.
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    Sorry, didn't mean to come off rough, wasn't my intention. For me it just seems like there's multiple places in this game to grind gear (and yes, the grind sucks), and to improve that by a very small margin while sacrificing zetas doesn't make sense to me. I also only work on one team at a time, sometimes for weeks and even months. Most people don't tend to do that, and work on too many toons at once making gear all that more neccessary to get in the short term (not suggesting this is what you do). Everyone plays differently though.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    @baked_qft I was actually planning to go Zaul and buy my remaining zetas for him and Zavage, but then my shard became infested with multiple cleanser teams over the past couple weeks so I switched to Zylo (which he was only 5* and not geared) I had to sacrifice the zetas and get him leveled and geared up, hence why I bought gear instead of zetas. He's 6* and almost gear 10 now. Aside from him I'm in no hurry for the next set of zetas since I'm working Kenobi next.
  • AndroiDad75
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Truthfully, there should be a guarantee for one zeta with the RNG on the second. Since opening the zeta challenge, which was a long time ago, I have far and away spent more on zeta than I have gotten through the challenges.

I mean if you guaranteed 1 per challenge, that's still only 6 per week. If you didn't buy any more it would still take over 3 weeks to get a full zeta. It's still gated and would at least make people feel like the challenge is worth it.

EDIT: Also, I know many who are still feeling like omega is the bigger gate for zeta since they take so many.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    Truthfully, there should be a guarantee for one zeta with the RNG on the second. Since opening the zeta challenge, which was a long time ago, I have far and away spent more on zeta than I have gotten through the challenges.

I mean if you guaranteed 1 per challenge, that's still only 6 per week. If you didn't buy any more it would still take over 3 weeks to get a full zeta. It's still gated and would at least make people feel like the challenge is worth it.

EDIT: Also, I know many who are still feeling like omega is the bigger gate for zeta since they take so many.

Agreed, I have yet to get an Omega to drop from that challenge. IMO the drop rate on them is worse than zetas
  • NaFakCha
    48 posts Member
    +1 I've gotten one zeta out of the last 20 attempts! Grr!
  • Riktoven
    144 posts Member
    i'm about 2 weeks with 0. really hoping this turns around soon because maul does not work in my shard anymore at all.
  • SRG
    17 posts Member
    Problem is always the same : having some players dropping nearly 0 zetas over time with the challenges and other players dropping 1 or 2 zetas each day the challenges are up is just unfair in the end.

Why the "unlucky players" would have to spend more time to get their zetas whereas "lucky players" will spend way less days ?

And there is no control over this, you can't do anything : assuming lucky and unlucky players are buying additional zetas with tokens, lucky players will always be ahead.

As zeta are so slow to get and so important in the game right now, it's really a big concern at this time.
  • SRG wrote: »
    Problem is always the same : having some players dropping nearly 0 zetas over time with the challenges and other players dropping 1 or 2 zetas each day the challenges are up is just unfair in the end.

Why the "unlucky players" would have to spend more time to get their zetas whereas "lucky players" will spend way less days ?

And there is no control over this, you can't do anything : assuming lucky and unlucky players are buying additional zetas with tokens, lucky players will always be ahead.

As zeta are so slow to get and so important in the game right now, it's really a big concern at this time.

This is precisely what I was saying +1
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    You get a zeta mats every two days if you buy it from fleet shipments.

plUr2WC.gif

Geez, just sayin'
  • Winstar wrote: »
    You get a zeta mats every two days if you buy it from fleet shipments.

plUr2WC.gif

Geez, just sayin'

Thanks for completely missing the point made above