I need advice on who to farm/gear

What toon(s)/team should I focus on farming/gearing? My Rebels have been pretty stagnant in arena (always hovering around top 100) and my Jedi are pretty much relegated to GW backup if my Rebels don't clear it. Same with my Empire squad. https://swgoh.gg/u/mistahshowtime/collection/

My teams:
Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, ST Han, Leia/Chirrut/Boba

Qui Gon zeta (L), Barriss zeta, Yoda, Aayla, Anakin

Palpatine (L), Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, Boba/Tarkin

I'm looking for a few toons to focus on in order to improve my arena ranking and help with Heroic AAT. Thanks!

Replies

• Every successful team either has Kenobi or Nihilus or Chaze (or a combination of them).

I don't know if you are already doing HAAT. If yes, your Jedis could be very good with GK, especially if you also include R2D2 with zetas.
  • My guild just completed HAAT for the first time 2 days ago and again today. It was our 2nd and 3rd attempts. So, starting to get those GK shards now. 23 more HAATs and I can unlock him. I'm currently farming Chirrut in Fleet shipments and just 3*d 9C to be able to farm Baze. Also farming Nihilus on DS. Chirrut is already 5* g9 and I'm working on gearing him up. I could gear up Nihilus and get him working for me if need be. Baze will still take a while to unlock as I only have 8 shards so far.
  • Congratulations for finishing HAAT. Hope you did it without the Nute-Jawa combo, since it will get nerfed.

So what do you want? Your Jedis have two zetas but are undergeared. It would take a lot of time and energy to get them Arena ready (including GK).

If you like rebels more, maybe save some crystals for Baze and buy him from shipments. Wiggs+Chaze+R2/Nihilus is a good team, but you need to save around 3k crystals.

Nihilus is very easy to get to gear 10 and is certainly better than Lando, but will not help you in the raids.

• I'm currently running Wiggs, Lando, STH, Chirrut except in raids. Chirrut is only 5* so I use Leia instead. I'm currently focusing on gearing Chirrut to 11 and then getting Biggs to 11 so I'll have the full team there. Not sure who to gear after that. I'll work on their mods while gearing someone else, maybe starting another team. I have some that have potential like Jedi and Empire. I could also do Sith, Clones, or Droids.

For the most part, I've figured out what I'm doing for now. One of my guild mates gave me advice to help me focus. So far things are looking like this:

Gear Farm: Chirrut (1 piece from g10)
    Shard Farm: Baze (8/50), Darth Nihilus (12/65)
    Shipments: Guild - Jawa Engineer (88/100), Jyn (25/85)
    Cantina - Jawa Scavenger (77/85)
    Squad - Chief Nebit (4/30)
    Galactic War - Umbarran Starfighter (35/85), Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter (29/85)
    Fleet - Chirrut (5/85), Darth Maul (10/100), Slave 1 (63/85), TIE Advanced (32/65)

Normal energy will got to Light Side Hard 9C (Baze) and Dark Side Hard 9A (Nihilus). The rest of the energy will go to gear farming for Chirrut.

Cantina energy will go to mods. Once I finish Maul in Fleet shipments I'll start grabbing more Kylo shards.

If there is any other advice or suggestions on what to change about the above that you could give me, it will be much appreciated!
  • Darth_Sheckler
    210 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm currently running Wiggs, Lando, STH, Chirrut except in raids. Chirrut is only 5* so I use Leia instead. I'm currently focusing on gearing Chirrut to 11 and then getting Biggs to 11 so I'll have the full team there. Not sure who to gear after that. I'll work on their mods while gearing someone else, maybe starting another team. I have some that have potential like Jedi and Empire. I could also do Sith, Clones, or Droids.

For the most part, I've figured out what I'm doing for now. One of my guild mates gave me advice to help me focus. So far things are looking like this:

Gear Farm: Chirrut (1 piece from g10)
    Shard Farm: Baze (8/50), Darth Nihilus (12/65)
    Shipments: Guild - Jawa Engineer (88/100), Jyn (25/85)
    Cantina - Jawa Scavenger (77/85)
    Squad - Chief Nebit (4/30)
    Galactic War - Umbarran Starfighter (35/85), Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter (29/85)
    Fleet - Chirrut (5/85), Darth Maul (10/100), Slave 1 (63/85), TIE Advanced (32/65)

Normal energy will got to Light Side Hard 9C (Baze) and Dark Side Hard 9A (Nihilus). The rest of the energy will go to gear farming for Chirrut.

Cantina energy will go to mods. Once I finish Maul in Fleet shipments I'll start grabbing more Kylo shards.

If there is any other advice or suggestions on what to change about the above that you could give me, it will be much appreciated!

I think you got all of the essentials here. I actually dont think that the geonosian starfighter is that great of a ship and would probably suggest anything else in GW such as tie fighter pilot, jedi consular, ahsoka, biggs or wedge.

EDIT: Also looking at your collection on SWGOH.GG you have so many toons at purple gear level. I would suggest really focusing on maxing one toon at a time gear wise. You most likely are spreading your gear resources too thin because its better to have 3 or 4 maxed toons than 20 to 30 toons at gear 8,9 and 10. Just my opinion
  • I think you got all of the essentials here. I actually dont think that the geonosian starfighter is that great of a ship and would probably suggest anything else in GW such as tie fighter pilot, jedi consular, ahsoka, biggs or wedge.

EDIT: Also looking at your collection on SWGOH.GG you have so many toons at purple gear level. I would suggest really focusing on maxing one toon at a time gear wise. You most likely are spreading your gear resources too thin because its better to have 3 or 4 maxed toons than 20 to 30 toons at gear 8,9 and 10. Just my opinion

Yeah, I was pretty unfocused for a long time and spreading gear around. I was just trying to get as many 7* g8 as I could. But, I'll be doing 1 at a time for gear now.

As for ships, I could go for ITF over GSS. JC, Ahsoka, Biggs, and Wedge ships are all 7* so I have those taken care of.