Nerf Nute ? * Poll * HOT topic *

robertohui
82 posts Member
edited May 2017
Nerf Nute or not ?

Why this question ? Because it seems that P2 and P4 from HAAT can be auto using a team with Nute lead, R2D2, Dengar and other 2 Jawas. More details here:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111713/how-to-solo-haat-p2-and-p4-no-zetas-needed/p1

Update DEV answer:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111947/heroic-tank-takedown-raid-unintended-behavior#latest

If you want to comment please explain why in just a few words so anyone can understand you think so.

Force may be with you!

Nerf Nute ? * Poll * HOT topic * 166 votes

Nerf Nute or any other character involved in Nute exploit
25%
TaniwhaTyloRenCallevaSagefireZombie961DundadarrThePhantomPenWiggius_TownsoDelmonYoungSo7hothTyGonJinn27Kane13Mos_GeganOlddumperStrikerJeffVaderIdraRageVice_tornCenturionDr_Crazyfists 42 votes
Don't Nerf Nute or any other character involved in Nute exploit
72%
SarcodinoJohnnySteelAlphalordteriChewie_says_AaarwwDaymaNathanKHan_Brolo81JediGhost117CerealKilleranonidudeNerfherder31tRRReyZanhaepCaptainRexwisenutsclarkdieselRobbeRobbeRobbeABNRAStmntguy86Donbot89 121 votes
No opinion
1%
GimpyviperE00NWeeeeee 3 votes
Post edited by robertohui on

Replies

• Nerf Nute or any other character involved in Nute exploit
    Of course such an infinite loop should be avoided...

Perhaps Have Nute's leader work like EP's... only TM gained during a characters Turn, i.e. not from assists...

But in the end, much like Zader for Rancor... players using this system are only really cheating their GuildMates... so...
    My opinion
    If something works as intended, but it offers an advantage not intended and not forseen by DEV then this offer to DEV the LEGIT opportunity to claim an exploit and fix it.

I don't believe that an exploit could offer a better gaming experience.

It may offer an advantage to some players, but we can't all accept this because a few have maxed Nute and use this exploit.
    We should playing the game with the characters we like and thats all.

Not anyone have maxed Nute, I don't, not any of my colleagues from my guild have him.

In cannon and legends Nute was just a pawn. He never exceed in the story. There are very few fans in the community, besides this exploit, he is just a minor character.

I always believe that we need balance between different aspects of the game like free-pay, characters-gear, drops-credits and DEV could help us to offer more gear, drops and credits to compensate the new characters releases.
    We need joy and balance to this game, the feeling when you play the game should be joy.

May the Force be with you!
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Where is the "Ha ha, the dev team didn't think of this" option?
  • Don't Nerf Nute or any other character involved in Nute exploit
    It's not an exploit. Everything is WAI.
    OP - you really need to change the selection - it's absolutely not an exploit. It's a creatively setup team using all WAI mechanics - good old fashioned TM gain. There's absolutely nothing here at all that is ambiguous.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Zylo for P1
    Jawas for P2 or 4 (both if you can get them both to retreat safely)
    Soon enough we can have one guy solo the whole tank
    Not an exploit.
    same was for rancor imposible then hard then solo you just can't help it with the ammount of awesome skills

So learn from it and release a new raid that WORKS AS INTENDED or are we supposed to please intents that are not comunicated to us... like mind readers

did they intead soloing the rancor??? did they intend Zylo solo P1? OFC not it's just what happen 6 months down the road there will be a zeta that solos AAT look to the future and stop spaming us with intention. The road to hell is paved with good intentions a saying goes

so release a new 3rd raid that works as intended, AAT waws fool proof no TM reduction and so on and then the zetas came out

HP was to healeable so protection appeared and now? starting to release special characters that heal protection. Why even have protection anymore just have 60k life and work from that

what I'm saying is that intent is allways toppled by a new intent to make a character feel special zader solos rancor, someone heals protection, clones regenerate protection on atack just let it go, move on

sure nerf kylo nut and whoever just knwo you will be doing that a lot from now on how much time untill the next :exploit: is discovered

nute was in game for a while just no one tryed it it took 8 months for someone to discover it because you dictate what to do to much, just let us play in the awsome world you created let us max corusant police use hhim and see what happens stop limiting us so much, maul was in game since the beginning, now he dies and he gets a zeta = meta. Why can't we play with anycharacter, why do they all require 9999 stuncuffs and stunguns

let us max toons and experiment and when we discover something broken THEN fix it

Sure nerf kylo by removing the CD on his retreat lower a jawa's crit so he gets 45% turnmeeter or 47.5 but I don't see why

People solo lots of things theese days like you know with clones you can retreat them and try again, just saying you need coddy echo and someone else that's 3/5 then add GK and leia your second go around

there's just so much stuff to do you can't police everything, let the people solo what they can and work on the 3rd raid please, we didn't have a chalance in this game since the AAT and now months later let us defeat it and give us a new engaging one

ty that is all if you made it this far know I'm sorry for the long posts

O = potato
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    He's useless as is, why not give a bloody incentive to actually gear him
  • Osteoid
    10 posts Member
    I spent 13 mil credits on nute, js, and dathcha today. So if they nerf there had better be a recompense. In my mind this is less unintended than zkylo or zsavage in p1. It certainly isn't broken like zvader in Rancor.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    @cg made nute like this last week, i want to see zylo, clones and resistance nurfed before nute gets it (in that order)
  • NathanK
    27 posts Member
    Make Nute great again! (ok not again, he never was good, how about just make him great)

Leave Nute aloneeeeeeee.....

• robertohui
    82 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    DEV answer:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111947/heroic-tank-takedown-raid-unintended-behavior#latest

" CG_KozispoonCG_Kozispoon
    in Developer Updates

Hiya Holotable Heroes!
    Recently, a way to do significant damage to the AAT in phases 2 and 4 of the Tank Takedown raid have been discovered in the community. While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes.

We will be looking into this issue further this week and will announce any changes we plan to make. Cheers! "
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Not an exploit, just clever and innovative use of legit game mechanics
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    It seems like devs don't want us to be clever than a machine. Skynet is coming.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I like to complain about this games whale orientation as much as anyone, which makes super damage teams available to a select few.

But having one team being such a far outlier in terms of investment/ reward doesn't seem to make much sense- especially when it looks like an unintended exploit considering the "once per turn" wording and how the devs have always been careful to avoid such infinite loop situations in the past.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Nerf Nute, but also CUP and JKG. JKG is able to ability block a whole team !!!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Don't nerf Nute. Not because mechanics like this should readily exist but because it already does. Why does that matter? Well, what do players enjoy the most in this game? Their creativity right?

Why should we spend the time creating custom teams that makes the most out of their abilities if, when we do figure out a great strategy, you nerf it? This isn't a bug. You created this option. Maybe you didn't mean to, but you did it.

If we can't create amazing teams based on what you give us, then we have to stick to cookie cutter teams? Or maybe we decide not to share the info and instead keep it to a small inner circle who gets an advantage over other people? What is this game if not a collaborative effort to discover the best of the best?
  • galltrip
    50 posts Member
    +
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Don't nerf Nute. Not because mechanics like this should readily exist but because it already does. Why does that matter? Well, what do players enjoy the most in this game? Their creativity right?

Why should we spend the time creating custom teams that makes the most out of their abilities if, when we do figure out a great strategy, you nerf it? This isn't a bug. You created this option. Maybe you didn't mean to, but you did it.

If we can't create amazing teams based on what you give us, then we have to stick to cookie cutter teams? Or maybe we decide not to share the info and instead keep it to a small inner circle who gets an advantage over other people? What is this game if not a collaborative effort to discover the best of the best?

• galltrip
    50 posts Member
    +
    same was for rancor imposible then hard then solo you just can't help it with the ammount of awesome skills

So learn from it and release a new raid that WORKS AS INTENDED or are we supposed to please intents that are not comunicated to us... like mind readers

did they intead soloing the rancor??? did they intend Zylo solo P1? OFC not it's just what happen 6 months down the road there will be a zeta that solos AAT look to the future and stop spaming us with intention. The road to hell is paved with good intentions a saying goes

so release a new 3rd raid that works as intended, AAT waws fool proof no TM reduction and so on and then the zetas came out

HP was to healeable so protection appeared and now? starting to release special characters that heal protection. Why even have protection anymore just have 60k life and work from that

what I'm saying is that intent is allways toppled by a new intent to make a character feel special zader solos rancor, someone heals protection, clones regenerate protection on atack just let it go, move on

sure nerf kylo nut and whoever just knwo you will be doing that a lot from now on how much time untill the next :exploit: is discovered

nute was in game for a while just no one tryed it it took 8 months for someone to discover it because you dictate what to do to much, just let us play in the awsome world you created let us max corusant police use hhim and see what happens stop limiting us so much, maul was in game since the beginning, now he dies and he gets a zeta = meta. Why can't we play with anycharacter, why do they all require 9999 stuncuffs and stunguns

let us max toons and experiment and when we discover something broken THEN fix it

Sure nerf kylo by removing the CD on his retreat lower a jawa's crit so he gets 45% turnmeeter or 47.5 but I don't see why

People solo lots of things theese days like you know with clones you can retreat them and try again, just saying you need coddy echo and someone else that's 3/5 then add GK and leia your second go around

there's just so much stuff to do you can't police everything, let the people solo what they can and work on the 3rd raid please, we didn't have a chalance in this game since the AAT and now months later let us defeat it and give us a new engaging one

ty that is all if you made it this far know I'm sorry for the long posts

O = potato

• galltrip
    50 posts Member
    game history, arcade type, easter eggs, secret levels, codes for extra life have been celebrated and live on long after the game is not played. the developers should allow all intended and unintended player comps, discovery is part of the fun. there are many good posts about - new ways to play the game - keep players interested - new characters to use the community is excited about new possibilities, lets throw a party not, nerf, fix, call it a bug
    Let's do an imagination exercise. Let's suppose DEV will allow this stategy as it is and Nute will "live". What's next ?
    I will start also to farm Nute and the gang and apply the strategy. But there is a risk..
    Both Raids are old, really old, and DEV will change and update them just because they should. And then, the strategy will not work, not anymore.
    In conclusion, in my opinion the request to nerf/not nerf Nute it is an emotional request to game difficulty, not a logical request.
    The logical request should be to add content or change something for which are reasons to last more against normal game development.
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Although it is cheesy (and kinda makes the clones im almost done gearing up quit less useful), its not an exploit, even the devs response couldn't bring themselves using the word exploit in their official response. The only way i can see them going about it fairly is by doing a complete overhaul to Nute (which will most likely come with a separatists pass at some point). But as far as their response about fixing it, because it does to much damage and abolishes the need for guild to work together to overcome the raid, they should kinda also nerf all the TM manipulation on Rancor, since if they havent noticed 1 person can solo it, they should nerf Kylo since he can solo phase 1. A good zody team can solo phase 4 so that should also be fixed ... i mean the thing here is to require all the guild members to participate right ? :)
    Nerf the whole game why don't you
    Coincidence or fate?
    Definitly, some parts of the game should be nerfed. Nute is in the list, but not in the first place.