New to the fourms

So I have been playing for awhile but this is the first time on the fourms. I'm lvl 58 and I'm starting to wonder if just have been doing things all wrong. Lol. What tools should I be aiming for? I've just been trying to get whatever I liked!

Replies

• The way I see it there's no wrong way to play the game if your goal is to have fun.

If your goal is to try to rank high in arena, then some strategies are better than others, but once again, it's about the fun to me.

The general strategy now is to get a gear 8 4-5* Poe, because he controls the game in arena, then build around him. I find Lumi 7*s is very important for arena. What have you done so far?
  • My highest ones are-

Jedi Consular lvl 58 4* lvl 7 gear
    Lumi Lvl 58 4* 7 gear
    Bane Lvl 56 4* 6 gear
    Sidious Lvl 56 4* 6 gear
    Poggle Lvl 56 4* 6 gear
    Opress Lvl 56 4* 6 gear

Everything else is 3 star stuff.
    Chewy
    Jawa
    Ewok
    Vermeer
    Talia
    IG-86
    Few others. What are the must have?
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    are you doing ok in GW? Arena? If you want to focus on f2p easy to farm and top level toons Sid and Lumi are great, Poggle, JC, Chewy (depends), and IG 86 are also high value. The issue there is Lumi is mvp from GW shipments, as Sid is from arena.

GS is an easy to farm glass cannon, takes a few weeks or more to get him usable. I also farm Rey, another high damage fast toon. For me maybe another month for unlock. Poe seems to be best option from cantina shipments though I went for Daka, +1 level and then QGJ+1. Daka is great but difficult to compete against the current Poe meta.

The problem with healers at high levels is that the AI doesn't know how to use them so they become a liability on defense. Lumi hits so hard and is technically not a healer and apparently the AI using my Daka has a 90% revive and stun rate if what is written about her in the forums is true which of course isn't the case. But, the AI does know how to use Poe correctly so now I am starting on the forever and a day Catania shipment crawl for him.

Opress and Bane are just not top tier characters, that doesn't mean there isn't a build that can't use them, but that pursuing their advancement risk resources that are hard to come by as the FTP or mostly FTP player. If you are buying crystal packs then you can afford to pursue those more exotic builds. I've had a low level Ewok elder save my A team in Galatic War a few times, having retreat lets you try anything.

Anyway, my team isn't a top 10 though I've been there once or twice. I've wasted resources on characters that might be great but too hard to farm or just not all that spectacular, Dooku, QGJ (less Daka or Poe shards) and Phasma. She's great but I never use her and left her behind at 4 stars purple gear. Maybe I'll go back for her once I have the supporting troops to not be a heal centric team. Good luck, seems like you've had a great start