Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• You need 5 Jedi to compete what a joke,
    I only have 2 worth using and the 2 others at lvl one with the absolute destruction to the credit and training droid challenge they won't be getting up to lvl in say 6 months by then i would fallen short on every other character for gobal and Loose my top 100 rank.....
    While I see there business but sheeeeet it ain't free to play no more, especially for beginners..
    I feel the greed in it every time I log in...
  • Patman6632
    213 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    How long will this challenge last? Will we still be able to get Yoda later?
  • Within the next hour we will see 7* Yoda QGJ teams in top arena ranks.
  • Patman6632 wrote: »

It rotates like 1 week on then I think I read it goes away for three weeks the Returns for a week ext

The only way your getting this yoda is if your already well developed... Looking after the money spenders this update is
  • Patman6632 wrote: »

Omg learn to read, it's all in the notes.
  • well, thats it, 5 min lasted the event for me. now i have to farm to get some jedi to 4* yay
  • Darthbinks1
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The game developers have the psychology of this Yoda challenge all wrong. You need to make the challenge really hard, restrict it too Jedi only is fine, but allow any number of Jedi and any star number Jedi as well. People will naturally pay more money and spend hours investing in the game to beat the challenge and earn Yoda. "See injustice Gods Among Us Moblie App. Character challenges". They are done perfectly. The way SWGOH character challenge is currently set up seems like a give away for meeting the right criteria...it's very disinsentivising.
  • So, to unlock it you need 145 shard, what if i could play till stage 3, still locked or i got 3star version instead?

You'll get 50 shards, not enough to unlock him.
    The game developers have the psychology of this Yoda challenge all wrong. You need to make the challenge really hard, restrict it too Jedi only is fine, but allow any number of Jedi and any star number Jedi as well. People will naturally pay more money and spend hours investing in the game to beat the challenge and earn Yoda. "See injustice Gods Among Us Moblie App." The way it is currently set up seems like a give away for meeting the right criteria...it's very disinsentivising.

• Is this contest playable once a day or once during the week? Thank you
  • Maybe simply one tier Is playable just once during the week
  • nope I just finished the first 4 in like 5 minutes
  • Same, completed up to tier 5 in about 5 minutes. Thanks for the credits though! Looks like I'll be among the rest of the 99% in unlocking Yoda next round this event is live.
  • I love how they show Yoda as a character you can use to fight against him. I understand it's simply pulling a list of who was labeled "Jedi" but I found it amusing none the less.
  • Churry
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This even is pretty much for people who already have everything maxed out. Like the guy in first place in Arena...500 crystals a day so he can buy a 8 chromium pack every 5 days to get those shards.
  • Oh good. I don't even play to get Yoda since I'm not a coiner that's spent a ton of money to get a bunch of Jedi characters. Thanks a lot
  • Hummm by new update the game go from f2p to p2p like all starwars games
    Thake the funn out realy
    I will see how long i play this game before i dump it again becouse the fun will be oud the game
    See galatic war that will be harder for f2p players
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    That's easy. Comes starred, geared up, ability mats done, training done. Let's get this dwarf in action
  • FolsomTony
    374 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Stages 1-4 done. Thanks for the credits and crystals. Maybe finish stage 5 this event, maybe not. I guess 5 Jedi's is too hard for a lot of people. I guess my bad luck at Bronzium in the course of the game resulting in Eeth Koth, Jedi Knight Guardian, and Ahsoka and leveling and starring them up wasn't such a horrible idea. I didn't get Sid until after 6 weeks of play. GW was tough until then.

Edit: BTW 100% FTP, arena ranks around 300.
  • People complaining that this is a P2P event are incorrect. I am F2P and will easily have Yoda by next time this event roles around and i only had 2 Jedi when this event was announced.
  • Pxwer
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Very disappointed in this event , i play to sw goh since the 1st day and i still will never get Yoda !
  • People complaining that this is a P2P event are incorrect. I am F2P and will easily have Yoda by next time this event roles around and i only had 2 Jedi when this event was announced.

Your strategy?
  • To get a 5* Yoda / You need 5 x 5* Jedis.

If you don't have 5 X 5* Jedis there will be NO WAY to get a 5* Yoda.

Even if you play time after time you will get no Shards if you don't level up your Jedis.

Like we all now if you have 6 Days to level up 5 Jedis...well before GW and Cantina change it happens after that...without buy in...no chance
  • Even with five 5* star Jedi the challenge increases difficulty at that point. Simply having the correct amount of Jedi won't be enough. So hopefully anyone who has enough Jedi can level them up enough to beat Yoda.
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Churry wrote: »
    People complaining that this is a P2P event are incorrect. I am F2P and will easily have Yoda by next time this event roles around and i only had 2 Jedi when this event was announced.

Your strategy?

I have Lumi and JC in my main group they are both 6 stars. Farming Mace in Cantina nodes will have him unlocked at 4* in 5-7 days. Also farming him on hard node. Farming Asoka on Cantina shipments and hard nodes. She is unlocked now at 2*. And farming Eeth Koth in Arena he is unlocked now at 3 stars on his way to 4. So in three weeks I will have them all to 5*. Meanwhile im still starring my main squad in GW shipments and hard nodes. Plus I am rank 30 in Arena so I get 150 crystals. That plus daily achievements i get to refresh cantina energy once and regular energy twice.
  • Pretty disappointed that you need 5 jedi to complete in the very first round. To completely exclude a large part of the population right out of the gates is a poor decision.
  • Liking this event so far, even though I won't get Yoda until the next time the event rolls around. I have 4 4* Jedi now and Luminara will be there before this round ends. I should have them all to 5* before it comes back. It will likely take forever to get them all to 7*, but if I am persistent and keep plugging away I will get it done. Its a nice challenge, gives me something specific to work towards, and can be accomplished even though I am FtP.
  • @LukeSkywalker420 and than they tell you next event starts in one year... hope you get them level fast up

The event is not p2p but the game it self go more to p2p
    This problem have a lot of games
    More people play means more cost
    Means again you have to find a other way to have a incom from money
    That means bether caracter what people whant
    De f2p player have a problem
    The cards from the free store are not that greate (and low drop)
    You have to safe the free cristals and hope you have a bether card from the store

• Me gustaría que se pudiera conseguir también en los niveles de "campaña dificil" o los cargamentos
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Maskarii wrote: »
    @LukeSkywalker420 and than they tell you next event starts in one year... hope you get them level fast up

Lol doesnt impact me it just a game and im not spending any money. Worse case deeper bench for GW.
This discussion has been closed.