Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Yay for the new Yoda event that I can't even participate in! Stupid!
  • Jedi restriction is unfair for an event. Challenges having restrictions makes them fun. Events having restriction makes them only available for people that invest in a jedi team. I've put in enough money in a Droid team but now I'm not allowed to participate? Let's say you make a Droid only restriction on an event. There are only 5 droids in the entire game. Any team should be able to participate in any event.
  • Why did you build a droid team? Why not a Jedi team? I assume you wanted to be high in arena. Jedi won't get me high in arena. But they have served me well here. And now in GW.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    Why did you build a droid team? Why not a Jedi team? I assume you wanted to be high in arena. Jedi won't get me high in arena. But they have served me well here. And now in GW.

Wy not ?
    Its a game means hoe you whant to play it
    If you can not en you have to need that other caracter means the game is not balance

Is use jedi healer with my dark set
    I need to thate ar not good dark healers
    Realy i hate dat
    Im a dark player and i can not have a full dark team for gw
    Sucks realy
  • Yay for monkies complaining about not being able to take part in an event a game is built on... 'JEDI'.

Oh boo hoo, I can't take part because I knew the event was coming before it came & gave me time to prepare, boo hoo...

@ the Devs, thanks for the event... Super cool seeing this mini'green'man dance around the screen pretending to fight, such a lol!
  • I've been playing this game for a couple months and do everything each day. You guys made getting Yoda next to impossible. With the energy limits and shred requirements it takes like a year of religious playing to get a team of 7* Jedis together. I got 6* Lumi, she is fairly easy to farm since I can get 15 shreds /day from GW + some from 2-E and 3-D. Then I have 4* Barris and can't get any shreds unless I pay for it since I can't unlock the hard stages on Dark side due to the fact that Dark Side healers are horrible. Then I have Mace who I neglected since level 45 and Jedi Consular who is also low level. And Ben who is only available for real money. Point is the energy refill is way too slow and the energy consumption is way too high, and the shred requirements are also high. It makes the game boring after a while because you can't really get ahead enough. We either use energy for shreds or for gear or for farming droids. And to exchange 300 shreds for 2 is also ridiculous. So to get a character from 6* to 7* is (100:2)x300=15.000 shreds. Bravo
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    Why did you build a droid team? Why not a Jedi team? I assume you wanted to be high in arena. Jedi won't get me high in arena. But they have served me well here. And now in GW.

Wy not ?
    Its a game means hoe you whant to play it
    If you can not en you have to need that other caracter means the game is not balance

Is use jedi healer with my dark set
    I need to thate ar not good dark healers
    Realy i hate dat
    Im a dark player and i can not have a full dark team for gw
    Sucks realy

Hahahaha, no good dark healers, hahahaha, you're funny! Talia, one of the best healers in game, she heals & gives turn meter to all allies. No good healers, good one!

Let me not start with Daka & ventress...
  • I don't think it's unfair. It's actually about as open as they can be short of allowing all characters a crack at it (and that is really what the rest of the game does). There are 14 jedi characters (15 if you include Yoda, but that is a paradox). That is the most of any character type and by comparison there are 14 tanks who qualify for the Tank challenge, the smallest of any of the restricted challenges. Will everyone have 5 5*, no. But not everyone is a level 70 to qualify for the last round of some of the challenges either. Nice to have a new feature, that requires folks to make choices and diversify the character mix (at least temporarily).
  • Alex84To wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for a couple months and do everything each day. You guys made getting Yoda next to impossible. With the energy limits and shred requirements it takes like a year of religious playing to get a team of 7* Jedis together. I got 6* Lumi, she is fairly easy to farm since I can get 15 shreds /day from GW + some from 2-E and 3-D. Then I have 4* Barris and can't get any shreds unless I pay for it since I can't unlock the hard stages on Dark side due to the fact that Dark Side healers are horrible. Then I have Mace who I neglected since level 45 and Jedi Consular who is also low level. And Ben who is only available for real money. Point is the energy refill is way too slow and the energy consumption is way too high, and the shred requirements are also high. It makes the game boring after a while because you can't really get ahead enough. We either use energy for shreds or for gear or for farming droids. And to exchange 300 shreds for 2 is also ridiculous. So to get a character from 6* to 7* is (100:2)x300=15.000 shreds. Bravo

A year? I am F2P started end of december and my entire main squad is almost 7*. And they arent the only characters i leveled.
  • Will Yoda be available again next week? Will the event reset after 6 days??
  • Mast3rS0l0 wrote: »
    Will Yoda be available again next week? Will the event reset after 6 days??

No it will return but not every week. They havent announced when.
  • Glad to know I wasn't the only one a BIT disappointed in the rules of the new event. Seems **** near impossible to have 5 7-star Jedi.
  • So I am confused about the setup. I am at tier 4 and only 5 qui gon Jin shards away from going to tier 5. It looks like by the way the shards are adding up you can only get yoda if you go through all 7 which is he seven star. My impression was you could get him at lesser levels but only seven star if you complete all seven. Is it seven star yoda or nothing?
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I need to block myself from these forums. You guys are crazy. This is an easy event for anyone playing the game. If You cant do it this time you can next time. If you dont want Yoda dont do it.
  • So when it returns can I get the shards again from tier 1 2 and 3? Or will those tiers be unaccessable so I have to get the remaining shards from tier 4 and 5?
  • Kevon
    134 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yoda is awesome and was super ez to unlock. you guys need to stop crying and get to farming. animation is clean and his buff share is great. Game changer for sure and he's free haha
    And at 5* he's already viable in GW used him to finish the whole map today
  • YODA is so dope!
    Thanks again EA/Cg for giving us such an iconic character.
    Now the question is who to attack first in arena?
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well, just played the Yoda event. Got some nice rewards. Was able to make it to Tier V. Now I need 3 more Jedi characters at 5*. Lol. For someone who does not throw any money at this game it will be near impossible for me to fully complete. Lol. Maybe if the event still runs two years from now.

I'm gonna really hate PVP after all the Pay to Win players Pay to Win to get Yoda. Shame EA. Real shame.
  • Mast3rS0l0 wrote: »
    Will Yoda be available again next week? Will the event reset after 6 days??

No it will return but not every week. They havent announced when.

Thanks man
  • Love the moment on tier 1 when yoda says something like : much to learn you have and a minute later gone he is
  • Me gustaría que se pudiera conseguir también en los niveles de "campaña dificil" o los cargamentos

You were right about me tell your sister you were right.
  • I really don't think it's too unreasonable. My first impression was I needed 5x 7* jedi to get Yoda. Turns out you only need 5 x 5* Jedi to unlock Yoda at 5*. Then you get shards to promote him to 6* and 7* whenever you have a full team of Jedi at those stars. When this event launched I had 7* Lumi, 5* JC, 5* Mace (8 shards off 6*) a 4* Eeth koth, and 3* QGJ and Ashoka. Considering JC is a starter character that some may have seen through to at least 4*, almost everyone has Lumi, and EK is available in squad arena shipments, getting a team to 5* isn't too bad. And to an above posters point, yes, if for example they did a similar event for General Grievous and said it had to be a full droid army, I'd be screwed, but it gives you the opportunity to build out a focused squad, when I guess most people have been making varied teams.

If it was available and open to any team, everyone would have Yoda and he would lose his appeal.
  • Yay for monkies complaining about not being able to take part in an event a game is built on... 'JEDI'.

Oh boo hoo, I can't take part because I knew the event was coming before it came & gave me time to prepare, boo hoo...

@ the Devs, thanks for the event... Super cool seeing this mini'green'man dance around the screen pretending to fight, such a lol!

Its not like they annouced this a month ago for people to even prepare. It takes quite a bit of time to aquire a 5* all jedi team much less all 7*. I guess a momma's boy like yourself can't comprehend this and resorts to calling people monkies which makes you look like a p2w troll in my opinion. But anyways its quite convenient that they did release a jedi pack for $60 bucks yesterday if people want to be a sucker and fall for that.
  • JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I hope the devs were ready for the whine, since some people won't get what they desire they WILL complain, I think it's a great step forward onto the game and will take people off farming a squad arena team which is GOOD, competition isn't everything in a game.

Sure hope more of this is coming, wether I can aquire said reward or not, gives me something to look forward to which this game was slowly starting to lack due to limited arena synergies/characters that are farmable (not in a bad way, just means I've aquired more and made my choices so there was less to do)

Great step IMO!

Edit : On that note, Yoda's kit and the recent Mace Windu(about to have more info on him soon just hit 6th *yesterday) change is another thing not to ignore, another great step forward, they feel loyal to the lore.
  • Can see the arguments on both sides of this since the event was released. I think the devs did a good job with this, good, not great. By the time the majority of the players have him unlocked the elite tier and real money spenders will be walking away with top arena ranks. It's a free 2 download game but if you want everything the moment it's released then you will have to spend real money. When GoH came out most of us bought the chewie pack, then the ally pack, kylo ren pack etc. If you had the money and loved star wars you did. I bought all those exclusive packs but didn't build up my jedi team to be to acquire yoda this time around. Never bought the crystal packs myself but now I'm itching too. Which is a great why for the game to make money because for those that want him before the timer r us out will spend the money. Those that have the patience will grind away and be ready for next time. Happy hunting all and may the force be with you.
  • Why isn't Rey considered a Jedi in the game, we all know she has the force , and is going to be trained under Luke Skywalker, just wondering??
  • ReyandFinn wrote: »
    Love the moment on tier 1 when yoda says something like : much to learn you have and a minute later gone he is

:D
  • I hope the devs were ready for the whine, since some people won't get what they desire they WILL complain, I think it's a great step forward onto the game and will take people off farming a squad arena team which is GOOD, competition isn't everything in a game.

Sure hope more of this is coming, wether I can aquire said reward or not, gives me something to look forward to which this game was slowly starting to lack due to limited arena synergies/characters that are farmable (not in a bad way, just means I've aquired more and made my choices so there was less to do)

Great step IMO!
    Altoholic wrote: »
    Why isn't Rey considered a Jedi in the game, we all know she has the force , and is going to be trained under Luke Skywalker, just wondering??

She will be but the problem is that its not confirmed yet
  • Yoda event is fun as, thanks for this :)
  • Completing tier 6 challenge was fairly doable but next and last tier of this event is impossible to finish. Yoda acts like 3 times per turn before you do and he hits like a truck, evade and deflects everything, and he also have 2 Jedi by his side so... Really I will be amazed if someone end up with 7 star grand master.
This discussion has been closed.